420’s 3 White Widow & A Do-Si-Dos Hydro F&D 600W MH 1000W HPS Grow

Mama WW was pushing the frozen one over so I added the vipar spectra 600 on the end over her . Wanted one of the cheap Giixer but it wouldn’t be here till middle of January or later .

Day 10 of veg
The yellow has progressed on all four .
Outside temp 51 humidity 81% SE 2 mph.
Building temp 73.6 humidity 55%
Tent temp 72.2 humidity 65%
Canopy temp 78.2
Water temp 69
Water level down 1/4 gallon falling
EC tds 903 ppm Static
Ph 5.9 rising
Added 4 mL acid
Going back to what @MrSauga said bring the ph down . I did both last time but upping the MC didn’t work here ! We will get it turned around!

Ph is now 5.6 so we are in the N K Ca Mn Fe B range !

:thumb:
Yellowing from the back of the leaf outwards. Iron def is the only def that resembles that. Somebody mentioned that pH didn't matter, and it typically doesn't in a well buffered medium. You are in hydro and nothing to buffer the pH. So what they said was incorrect in the MC thread. That person also mentioned the lights being an issue, yet two of us disagreed. Light stress or burn is completely different in appearance and affects the upper most leaves. I'll never argue over my points with anyone and it's up to the grower to go with what makes sense.

:thumb:
Yellowing from the back of the leaf outwards. Iron def is the only def that resembles that. Somebody mentioned that pH didn't matter, and it typically doesn't in a well buffered medium. You are in hydro and nothing to buffer the pH. So what they said was incorrect in the MC thread. That person also mentioned the lights being an issue, yet two of us disagreed. Light stress or burn is completely different in appearance and affects the upper most leaves. I'll never argue over my points with anyone and it's up to the grower to go with what makes sense.
The uping the MC didn’t fix it in here so that’s why I went with your suggestion of the ph . That’s bringing the hydro sweet spot as 5.8 for MC .In my experience with light burn it canoed the leaves first !
Never stop giving suggestions,you’ll never get any argument here when your trying to help !
Not using anything except MC and ph adjustment!

Day 11 of veg
Water and nutrients change!
We are using 120 grams of MC .
Wow 120 great brought it down to 5.8 ph
The tds is 1050 ppm .
We already know the ph won’t stay , but the more you use the lower the ph value !
Outside temp 66 humidity 71% S 14 mph
Building temp 75.6 humidity 58%
Tent temp 71.3 humidity 65%
Canopy temp 79.7
Water temp 65.8
Water and nutrients change!
EC tds 1050 ppm
PH 5.8
I will check the ph before the lights go out .
Here’s today’s pics of before and after!
Did as @MrSauga trouble shoots the WW and dosidos tent , ph was off .
IN HYDRO MC NUTRIENTS SWEET SPOT IS 5.6-6.0 max .

I guess I could have wrote something about the other two girls! The frozen one is after that 600 watt vipar spectra. Going to strip her of those old narly looking leaves that went through a month of 24-30 degrees. She is kind of dark leaves , I’ll see if I can also tie her down and spread her out .
MamaWW drank a gallon in two days , I see a few blown tips . The tds dropped again 70 ppm ! Been starving this gal with the high ph . A little more defol and I’ll flip her . Tomorrow water and nutrients change! I’ll do the same with the frozen one!

Day 12 of veg
The ph went from 5.8 to 6.3 over night !
Added 6 mL of acid to get a 5.7 ph . I meant to check it last night because we know that if we do nothing the first night it will rise .5 in ph maybe a little less.
Looking at mama WW I phed her to 5.5 and now she is 6.0 . Also did a water and nutrients change and added 1 mL acid in 4 gallons of ro water.
on the frozen one I left the ph at 5.7 no adjustments the ph now 6.1 moved .4 . A lot of work to do .
Outside temp 42 humidity 86% NEN 16 mph
Building temp 73.0 humidity 52%
Tent temp 71.2 humidity 45%
Canopy temp 76.2
Water temp 65.8
Water level down 1/4 gallon
EC tds 1052 ppm
Ph is now 5.7
Sounds like if we ph our fresh water and nutrients bring the ph to 5.3 we never lose range for hydro, will be doing this on the next water and nutrients change!!!!!!!!!!

You're using RO correct? Is there a reason why? From what I understand when the pH is constantly rising it's water related. Normal tap water has lots of minerals in it and makes the pH more stable. I don't know first hand, just something I've seen in the odd video here and there. You probably know more on this than I do but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom