LukeHighWalker Chiquita Banana, Do-Si-Dos, Godfather OG HPA Grow 2023

I didn't defoliate before flip and ended up with massive leaves! 🤦‍♂️ Now I'm stuck with a few of them 😬😂
I've got some of these too. I'm really not the botanic guy with the green thumb, but for me it seems these massive fan leaves helps the plant to absorb more light and therefor to develop the bud sites quicker. It's just my opinion in comparison to my last grow. The buds didn't seemed to be developed like this by week 4. Anyway, I'll be playing samurai ninja on them until start of week 6 to get the plant focused growing the nuggets :yummy::snowboating:

Here we go into week 6# of flower power

1000043838.jpg

Cheers brotherhood

Great looking grow. Your environmental control is off the chain..lol. Love it.

I'm just getting back into the grow thing. One thing I did back then was take leaf thought the whole grow. Being indoors in a confined space leaf gets big and out of control. Blocks a lot of light. I never had any issues with doing it. Got plenty of flack from folks over it but they are entitled to their own opinions and growing methods..lol.

On the other hand. I've let plants just do their thing and had great harvests. Nobody is out in the wild plucking leaf off a landrace. Yet here I am...pluck pluck pluck...lol I do it mainly for airflow and bud site exposure. Can't wait for my girls to hit the screen so I can play too.

Awesome grow. Look forward to seeing her finish.

Thanks a lot. I use to pluck the leaves as well during the whole grow. Somehow I didn't for this grow, just after week 3 of flowering. The buds came good even by taking off the leaves. But as you say, there is no predator out in nature looking for big leaves covering the buds 😅 for now I believe I got most of the leaves that kept shadows upon the most important bud sizes, so, let's see what happens now. I don't want to stress the plants now during the critical phase of growing buds fat...

Wow, nice.....I am getting heavy flowers on my Godfather OG right now. I wonder how long til buds will be ready?

One.jpg

Hey @niktgg, your flower looks amazing, by the way! It seems like it'll be a promising nugget in the future. Currently, I'm growing two GFOG plants. They're developing their flowers differently: one has already formed lush buds, while the other is taking a bit more time. In my experience, several factors influence their development timing, including the flowering week, the phenotype, and how we switch to a 12/12 light cycle.Here are my plants, now in their sixth week of flowering:

1000044299.jpg

The 1st GFOG buds
1000044076.jpg

And the second ones:
1000044153.jpg

As you see, they're growing in different patterns. What about yours? Can you provide some more info about flip method, actual week, etc? Thanks a lot bro!

Hey @niktgg, your flower looks amazing, by the way! It seems like it'll be a promising nugget in the future. Currently, I'm growing two GFOG plants. They're developing their flowers differently: one has already formed lush buds, while the other is taking a bit more time. In my experience, several factors influence their development timing, including the flowering week, the phenotype, and how we switch to a 12/12 light cycle.Here are my plants, now in their sixth week of flowering:

1000044299.jpg

The 1st GFOG buds
1000044076.jpg

And the second ones:
1000044153.jpg

As you see, they're growing in different patterns. What about yours? Can you provide some more info about flip method, actual week, etc? Thanks a lot bro!

BOX1215.jpg

They're looking pretty fine for 4 weeks, I would say. What about nute you're giving them? For week 4 I would say the stretch is almost over, so you could be giving them more PK and less to none N in order to develop the buds.

Have you tried once to de foliate them? If you're an enemy of this method, I understand and won't try to make your mind. But as seen in the picture you've got pretty big fan leaves, a lot of it if I'm allowed to say. The experience I've made with defoliation is in general positiv.

As seen on the tips of your plant they're not suffering of nute burn. If this weren't the case, I would not recommend to de foliate as per week 5-6 the ladies doesn't grow any new leaves and that would lead to a negative development. For instance, I would only cut the fan leaves and watch hoh the buds react. Take a pic before and 3 days after. I've done that way and could realize kinda jump

They're looking pretty fine for 4 weeks, I would say. What about nute you're giving them? For week 4 I would say the stretch is almost over, so you could be giving them more PK and less to none N in order to develop the buds.

Have you tried once to de foliate them? If you're an enemy of this method, I understand and won't try to make your mind. But as seen in the picture you've got pretty big fan leaves, a lot of it if I'm allowed to say. The experience I've made with defoliation is in general positiv.

As seen on the tips of your plant they're not suffering of nute burn. If this weren't the case, I would not recommend to de foliate as per week 5-6 the ladies doesn't grow any new leaves and that would lead to a negative development. For instance, I would only cut the fan leaves and watch hoh the buds react. Take a pic before and 3 days after. I've done that way and could realize kinda jump
Should I take of more fan Leafs?

LibyaFireHDR.jpg

I would only pluck the leaves which have long branches, and not all at once. First the big ones, the very next day the smaller ones. Please note to do this before week 6, then when the buds starts fattening. Otherwise you would stress them unnecessary and disturb development. After defoliation, you can still pluck leaves that covers bud sites.

I bought a nice $230.00 scaffold and used it once, I keep thinking what a great rolling grow room it would make- really strong and. sturdy enough to carry all equipment maybe underneath, good height, 4 tall corner poles could be extended. just narrow enough to go thru doorways. Would make a nice diy video build. I would like to make one to keep in the garage, here in s fl I would need a mini ac/heater with a good thermostat to keep in garage. Is there such a thing? I haven't been able to find one. The scaffold could easily handle the small widow units that ae available, but they don't have a separate thermostat and are bigger than necessary.

SAIL3.jpg

I bought a nice $230.00 scaffold and used it once, I keep thinking what a great rolling grow room it would make- really strong and. sturdy enough to carry all equipment maybe underneath, good height, 4 tall corner poles could be extended. just narrow enough to go thru doorways. Would make a nice diy video build. I would like to make one to keep in the garage, here in s fl I would need a mini ac/heater with a good thermostat to keep in garage. Is there such a thing? I haven't been able to find one. The scaffold could easily handle the small widow units that ae available, but they don't have a separate thermostat and are bigger than necessary.

Welcome to my reality, where I'm growing, temperatures use to drop beneath 0°C :yahoo:

There are plenty of smart home gadgets to automatically set a control cycle for temperature control. I had a quick look over the internet in a big store in the US and was very fast in finding: wifi sensor temperature, wifi smart plug and a small room heater for affordable prices.

Go like this:
1. Google for apps that integrate the hardware you desire;
2. Check if you can setup scenarios in it (e.g. Turn plug 1 on if temp. < 68 °F);
3. Get the stuff and place the heater output a few inches away from the air entrance of you tent;
4.Watch it

This is though a very simple solution and the reliability of the control system depends, of course, of the hardware/software you choose. For example, see the beginning of my journal, I'm using tuya Plattform for that. As it's not that reliable, I decided to "outsource" irrigation control because I kategorized this kind of loop as critical (I've got critical / major / minor loops to control) It's just about risk mitigation, bro - if something goes wrong, what can happen? Cheers :adore::nomo::thedoubletake:

That flew bout a mile over my head but hey, it sounds good.. 😂 I dunno Jack about automation but I love the idea and seeing setups like yours.
Believe me, I'm not a Mastermind in automation too, I just had the occasion in my life to work for an industrial automation company. Back then, I didn't had a bloody clue about automation. Now, more then 15 years after I need to dig deep in my thc sticky memories to get some knowledge rewarmed up! 🤣🤣🤣

There are plenty of smart home gadgets to automatically set a control cycle for temperature control. I had a quick look over the internet in a big store in the US and was very fast in finding: wifi sensor temperature, wifi smart plug and a small room heater for affordable prices.

Go like this:
1. Google for apps that integrate the hardware you desire;
2. Check if you can setup scenarios in it (e.g. Turn plug 1 on if temp. < 68 °F);
3. Get the stuff and place the heater output a few inches away from the air entrance of you tent;
4.Watch it

This is though a very simple solution and the reliability of the control system depends, of course, of the hardware/software you choose. For example, see the beginning of my journal, I'm using tuya Plattform for that. As it's not that reliable, I decided to "outsource" irrigation control because I kategorized this kind of loop as critical (I've got critical / major / minor loops to control) It's just about risk mitigation, bro - if something goes wrong, what can happen? Cheers :adore::nomo::thedoubletake:
Who will find the mortal kombat word in this text?? (little nerd joke beside) 😝

Back
Top Bottom