Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Twelve12 - Firestorm #7

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • BigIrishDoode - Trailor Trash

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even tho i like this contest,

I can not honestly vote for some one who has purchased a Nug from a co op/dispensery & picked a tasty looking Nug off the shelf for this contest ! fair play for them to say it was from co op 'n' all :peace:

But...

Credit should be given to growers who have toiled & laboured over their grow/plants and cured their own Nugs :thumb:

i know i may be new to this site..but isnt it completely legal to the rules to do that? im judging this contest off of the title this sites giving it. "nug of the month" not "grown nug of the month" i dont see a problem with voting for any nug purchased or grown.

fuzzyduck opinions are like butt cracks everyone has on buddy... keep the contest withing the rules. no point in trying to change them by rebelling. have fun and vote for the most appealing nug of the month my friend.:thumb:

lets see if my old attorney days still can help me with this one. if you cant bring yourself to vote for a co-op bought nug, can you bring yourself to vote for a nug entered into this same competition 2 months in a row? does it seem fair to enter a nug that had its chance the month before? ive been looking and ive seen a few nugs from this month that had its chance last month. fuzzy i'm not trying to get in you a$$ about this i just want to be as fair as your last post was and ,make sure you didnt just blurt some opinion out before thinking about the other options

lets see if my old attorney days still can help me with this one. if you cant bring yourself to vote for a co-op bought nug, can you bring yourself to vote for a nug entered into this same competition 2 months in a row? does it seem fair to enter a nug that had its chance the month before? ive been looking and ive seen a few nugs from this month that had its chance last month. fuzzy i'm not trying to get in you a$$ about this i just want to be as fair as your last post was and ,make sure you didnt just blurt some opinion out before thinking about the other options

My opinion & thoughts are of my own & do NOT reflect the contest rules or view/goal/expression of the :420:

I do believe i have the right of free speech & may express my feelings on the matter, i'm hardly asking for the rules to be changed !

• No I don't vote on co op nugs, any old person can walk into a co op with a MMJ card & buy tasty looking nug & enter it !
  • No I don't vote on a nug or plant entered into a contest 2 months in a row or more, if it did not win the first month its hardly going to win the 2nd month is it !

These are my thoughts & views on the matter, that is all :peace:

I was going to stay out of it, because I knew it was directed my way, but I can't stand it anymore. The debate has been opened, and I shall now join.....

Even tho i like this contest,

I can not honestly vote for some one who has purchased a Nug from a co op/dispensery & picked a tasty looking Nug off the shelf for this contest ! fair play for them to say it was from co op 'n' all :peace:

But...

Credit should be given to growers who have toiled & laboured over their grow/plants and cured their own Nugs :thumb:

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

9. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) may result in a disqualification.

. . . but I don't get your point. Are you saying that I souldn't be entering anymore from my co-op, no matter how rare or unusual they are?

One of the things I like about the NOTM contest vs. POTM is that it gives greater opportunity for participation. I think everyone can use their own criteria for voting, but I think it's nice that this doesn't have to be for growers only. And, yes, mine are grown by me.

I re-entered a nug I'd entered before, but I changed one of the photos as I felt it represented the nug better, maybe giving it a better chance (at least I'd hoped, lol). I would normally enter a different nug, and I have plenty, I just thought adding the close-up would get it more love - and I really liked that nug. ;)

I love the fact that a member who may or may not grow their own can still participate - it's truly one of the reasons NOTM is cool to me. To each their own I guess, and I certainly can't fault people for having their own reasons for voting one way or another, but I see no reason for making people feel bad for following the rules and participating.

It upsets me because posts like these will result in fewer people participating, for fear of being flamed over it - and they are following the rules.

It's not that I don't respect the opinions, but, they are opinions that are divisive when expressed in an open forum about people following the rules.

And another thing... almost everyone here made a purchase in some way or another, either of a clone or a seed, which was developed by some breeder out there who will never get any recognition from this contest. If we are to leave the breeder out of it, it seems unfair to them as well. Why don't we just flame on the entire community for leaving this or that out of a contest that is meant to bring us together.

-Mods may delete this post. It just had to be said.

Let's keep it civil guys, all nugs are welcome, that is our guideline. He was entitled to his opinion, he gave it, let's please move on with the contest now, cool? ;)

Some amazing grown and store bought nuggets, someone had to grow them, they are all winners in my opinion. :cheer:
:Namaste:

well i can see it from everyones viewpoint its a gift, i should have been a judge,,i have had many opinions on many things on this site, not all would be popular, but theres this little thing i do before and during the creation of a post, i THINK about what im saying before i say it (usually lol) and i consider how it will be taken by the community, i ask, will this offend, hurt feelings? if i think it might then i re word or delete, this site to me is a sanctuary from the real world and a big chunk of the online world that is full of harsh critisizim (cant spell) and all that freedom of speech that get used to say the most hurtful,hateful, and derogatory things imaginable, im a firm believer in those rights but its the way its used that can be upsetting to an extreme, 420 mag provides a forum where we are encouraged and rewarded for using our better manners and judgments for being positive and leaving all the negative tones and anger out there where it so prolifically breeds. i actually need this site to show me that ppl are still kind and supportive of each other, beyond just our immediate family
:peace::circle-of-love::thanks:

I usually do the same thing, but I felt hurt and I felt I was being told I was "less than" because of his comment, and I wanted him to know it. With "free speech" comes free backlash; One has to be willing to deal with the consequences of their own actions. But now that I have voiced my feelings, I too believe it is time to move on. No apology necessary.

I honestly don't see the problem in entering a nug you bought. I have done it a couple times including this month and I haven't ever won because of it. Generally I think a lot of peoples home grown bud is better than most bought bud. The home grown on here almost always wins too. If it truly is a problem with people I can always stop entering unless its my home grown. I just think its cool to share when you can.

wow an argument over nug of the month?!?! i feel kinda weird since im sure fuzzyducks comment was about my entry. i followed the rules i entered a nug that was unique to me and obviously others think the same but i dont feel like this competition should be judged other than what the rules state. if the nugs is the most unique then vote for it dont post opinions on here which are aimed at other contestants. im a little offended that you felt like calling my entry out when ive followed the rules..thanx HollowStump and you make a great point. you obviously have a knack for finding flaws in arguments and i applaud you for your entertaining read.

well if you dont like my personally bought co-op nug dont vote for it, but it seems like your trying to rally a group of us to vote against amazing looking nugs because they wernt grown ourselves. i love this competition and joined this site because of this competition made this site unique from others in my eyes. sorry if you dont agree with the rules but ill still vote for amazing looking nugs that were store bought if its better lookin than a homegrown nug..bottom line ill always vote for my personal favorite despite how they aquired it. im voting along those line ONLY, nothing more and nothing less.

somebody grew it right? so i say all buds are awesome and as such should be entered, if i ever got a killer ass dankbomb ikky throw it at the wall sticky from anywhere and i thought you guys would like it i would surly enter it!! man this is about great buds not egos as it happens the only nugz i get i have to grow!! please dont deny me the eye candy cuz u dunt gwohd it, that would be sad,, the only plant based competition for non growers is this one!! so the only option then would have to be a separate one for acquired by other means nugz! then again that would be cool too, but anyway nugs are nugs!!:peace:

Gotta respect the guidelines. It is fair game entering nugs grown by the participants or purchased. To me, I will only enter nugs from plants I've cultivate. I see it as it's part of the fun showcasing the hard work and time goes into producing such beauty. The only thing the viewer gets is visual, the owner of the nugs gets the effects. Win win situation.

Let's try this one more time, shall we? :)
Let's keep it civil guys, all nugs are welcome, that is our guideline. He was entitled to his opinion, he gave it, let's please move on with the contest now, cool? ;)

Some amazing grown and store bought nuggets, someone had to grow them, they are all winners in my opinion. :cheer:

I love all the contests... I love all the members who participate... I love all the entries... But each month, I have to decide which one I love just a bit more that the others. :) My vote is cast...good luck to everyone!

It's going to be tough to beat that Blackberry with it's rolled in sugar look...

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom