420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: June 2023

420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: June 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what I am going to enter my nug from last years harvest I grew it cured it and it looks shitty my first time but what the hell.
If anything is worth memorializing in a contest it’s your first ever grown nugs!

That's how we do it @KeithLemon I look at most my buds this way but their getting entered! Last few I was stoked about! Few months you'll have some fresh buds 🤞🏽👌🏽

That's how we do it @KeithLemon I look at most my buds this way but their getting entered! Last few I was stoked about! Few months you'll have some fresh buds 🤞🏽👌🏽
I hope I have bud it's too early for me to count on it. I am loving every minute of trying to get there.

I see the same thing with the same people voting for the same people every month and if you aren’t in the circle forget it because you don’t have a chance. Sorry but just calling a spade ♠️ a spade. CL🍀
I don’t think you’re sorry. And I don’t think you’re calling a spade a spade. You’re sharing your opinion, but just coz you believe it to be true doesn't mean it's fact. You are basing this on assumptions. You have won contests. Are you saying you only won them because you are in this "circle" you've mentally invented?

Did you ever consider the contest was won because the majority of voters agreed? This isn't junior league where everyone gets a pity trophy because kids cry if they don't get acknowledged. This is a contest where adults vote on who they think deserves to win.

420 has done his best to ensure the same person doesn't win every month by having them sidelined for a winners grace period and creating rules. I just looked back at this years winners so far and the winners are all super deserving and grow mint weed.

If you want to win, do better and enter more often. Plant of the Month and Bud of the Month are not peer nominated, they are self nominated contests. I think the winners have won on merit because they showcased the best nug/plant that month.

I think you are making unfair assumptions, and I also think its offensive to suggest our fabulous winners only won based on friend votes from this made up circle.

Bottom line contests should be about fun and about celebrating dedicated growers and helpful members, not watching who votes for who and keeping notes. If it's too stressful for you, don't participate.

I am legit shook at your attitude in this instant. I really am. We should be championing these competitions. Supporting the nominees. Celebrating and back slapping each other on grows well done and buds well cured. We should be building each other up, not trying to cause drama and be divisive. Well I think we should.

Good luck to who ever wins this month, it will be a month to remember!

L O L L I N G !

Guys, we have been diddling ourselves over this for a while now. Perhaps it’s time to consider this discussion from the perspective of the newbie who is reading through a contest for the first time? If I were that person, I might get to this discussion and say “this is what the contests are? Who needs this drama?” and be turned off to the contests forever. Maybe. Just sayin….

Guys, we have been diddling ourselves over this for a while now. Perhaps it’s time to consider this discussion from the perspective of the newbie who is reading through a contest for the first time? If I were that person, I might get to this discussion and say “this is what the contests are? Who needs this drama?” and be turned off to the contests forever. Maybe. Just sayin….
And for a touch of comic relief, I’ll save you guys the hassle and show you Nug of the Month in September.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_0426.jpeg

That's a beautiful lady you have there.
Thanks @Bud Bokashi - I was only joking, but this is Pink Rozay auto from Blimburn. Check it out and look at what the buds are supposed to turn out like.

@Jon @CaptainLucky it's no jokes from mee I have got sept Oct nov covered 🤣🤣 then plans for Jan Feb march just waiting on seed delivery loool. I don't care I'm addicted I love it 😁 win or loose it's fun. Oh I have plans for my next PhotoOTM too 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Now theirs only a few days left I hope you got your votes in!! It's looking set but 7 votes later could be a comp changer 😎

@Jon @CaptainLucky it's no jokes from mee I have got sept Oct nov covered 🤣🤣 then plans for Jan Feb march just waiting on seed delivery loool. I don't care I'm addicted I love it 😁 win or loose it's fun. Oh I have plans for my next PhotoOTM too 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Now theirs only a few days left I hope you got your votes in!! It's looking set but 7 votes later could be a comp changer 😎
I’m might be making a couple of moves myself for the future competitions. lol CL🍀. :morenutes::cheesygrinsmiley:

💯

Totes agree.

Up until this week the contests have always been a great source of pride and joy to me. I am an avid supporter of them.

I love seeing what peeps are growing and smoking, so if a newbie is reading this, sorry it got mucky and please share your wares!

🙂🙂🙂

Love the competitive spirit! But you’re wrong. One of those will be mine. :rofl: :rofl:

July? It is for me already.

Strawberry Cream Tea is served… this is just some of it… There’s 5 other strains too.

Thing is though for nug of the month, for all the quantity we grow it takes something really special to win. That orange and black beast from last month - wowsa!

I entered my first nug and I’ll enter my last. With the same expectations of winning @Jon has - none! Standard is way high.

That’s ok. Maybe I get lucky one month. Maybe I don’t. As long as its fun competitive I’ll be in.

I vote for Trala moderating it from now on she’ll keep y’all in line 🤣

Nick

IMG_3708.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom