420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: November 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - November 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacob Bell

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
HBI International has sweetened the pot by putting up a case of their RAW Rolling Papers

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print editions.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Self promotion (i.e. campaigning) that is deemed excessive (at the sole discretion of our moderation staff) may disqualify the entry.

Consolidated Entries for November 2011

GodsTrichome - Sugar Cane
100_25882.JPG

100_25871.JPG

Blueskybsn - Purple Diesel
fdsaf.jpg

Janja - Cherokee Bubba Kush
IMG_0017_4_-1.jpg

IMG_0014_4_-1.jpg

Stoned4daze61 - True OG
2011-10-24_21_14_45.jpg

2011-10-24_21_08_05.jpg

ThaRealTreJay - Island Sweet Skunk
DSCN19801.JPG

DSCN19792.JPG

Deacnbleu - Hawaiian/Kush/Jack Herer Cross
100_15323.JPG

100_15294.JPG

Dipez - Frost Berry Queen
S7300875.JPG

4twenty4all - Sour Diesel
sour-d2.JPG

sour-d11.JPG

Mr. Krip - Pineapple Express
DSCN10612.JPG

b325.jpg

Icemud - University Hill's OG
DSC02483.JPG

DSC024801.JPG

StonedyCreek - Pineapple Kush
PK_NIKE_NUG1.jpg

FIRST_GROW_NUGS_P_K.jpg

I bring to the table again, my Sugar Cane. Derived from the crossing of four different strains over several years of breeding. Hundreds of plants were grown during the selection of the mothers and pollen donors. It groes well outdoors or indoors, can be hit hard with nutes, yields heavy through to the bottom buds, and has 3 distinct phenos which are pretty randomly spread into my seedstock. The following is my favorite, it is the sweeter of the 3 and is the more Indica dominant. The high is narcotic. Do nothing for the next 2 hours. It plateaus nicely for a few more then fades slowly. If you smoke before bed, you will rise with that hazy buzz. Smoke before work, you will not go.
100_25882.JPG

100_25871.JPG

Good luck to all and may the best Nug win.
GT

Here is a dried and cured nug of my exclusive Cherokee Bubba Kush. 100% Veganic in homemade soil using homemade teas and fermented plant material. The high is an instant and amazingly heavy with a spicy/creamy/earthy bubba taste that lingers on the palate well after exhale. Yields well for a bubba cross (1-2oz in 3 gallon solid pots and 5+ in 5 gallon smart pots) and continues to amaze my patients and friends. Peace and Jah Bless everyone and their entries :goodluck:

IMG_0017_4_-1.jpg

same nug just a little better shot.

IMG_0014_4_-1.jpg

Island Sweet Skunk :420:
DSCN19801.JPG
DSCN19792.JPG

The Grow:
Grown in quality soil on a water table, nutrient free, 2- stage compact fluorescent set up.
Veg'd on 16/8 Flow'd on 12-10 count down.
Mid flower were fed with a blooming supplement concentrated at (1-4-5) at 20ml per week for two weeks. Left to bask for a week, and then was snipped of all leaves till harvest.

The Harvest:
Harvested promptly when ready; these buds were harvested with peak THC production levels, judging from trichome color variations with primarily cloudy and opaque trichome tips.

The Look:
Comprised of stacked resin glands and few leaves, the buds emit Orange-light-brown hairs evenly spaced; towering many trichomes.

Weight:
Nugs like the ones in the picture go for .8 - .9 a peice

P.S.
My first grow, Thank You 420 magazine and all the community now and past, for all the help to grow these quality buds and for more to come.

Been away from the competition for awhile, stopping by to vote every month though. Gonna try again. The mother was a cross between a Hawaiian and Kush I have been breeding for a short plant. A Jack Herer provided the pollen and from those seeds came this.
Grown and finished under florescent lighting. I added molasses for the last 4 weeks of flowering then clear water for 2 more weeks. This 32 inch plant gave me 29.3 grams after drying.
Taste is very mellow, slight citrus after taste, the high is uplifting at first and settles into a very calm relaxing buzz, very good for pain relief. I find it's best to smoke a few hours before bed.
I will grow this one again & again.

Guess I better give it a name, I'll call it Little Jack unless someone has a better idea.

100_15323.JPG

100_15294.JPG

I'd like to enter my Sour Diesel. There are two pictures of the same bud, dried and cured. The plant was grown outside in mostly Fox Farm and Happy Frog with lots of perlite. She went outside in a crowded garden in the back row when she was about 14 inches I think about the first week of June. She yielded 6.6oz.

I'm not good at smell and taste unless it is obvious and this was a little tough but I think I got close ;-)

smell: pungent, citrus with slight hint of pine or something floral and a hint of fuel or piss or something like that.

taste: light citrus with something sharp (I think, can't quite make it out)

smoke: smooth, medium not soft and not heavy

effect: right to the front of the face during the exhale. It stays there for the most part. It's a spacey feel for about 10 minutes then it seemed to cause a little anxiety (racy heart) for about 15 minutes. Then it settles down and the head is nice and relaxed and then the body feels slightly relaxed (not too racy and not heavy). I think it lasted just under 2 hours or just over 2 hours. I can't remember.... The come down was nice because I just couldn't tell if I was high anymore, I still felt slightly high for a while :)

Here are the pics.
sour-d2.JPG

sour-d11.JPG

When we put up the polls... tonight or tomorrow..... There are some beautiful nuggies you all are sporting...... GL to the all of you... :goodjob:

I don't think I ever entered my University Hill's Og into the NOTM contest before so I will swing her in for a late entry. From what I could gather she is an elite strain OG Kush x Free Tibet x Professional 3-way from what I could find online... I lookked up free tibet is an afghani x hawaiian cross but whatever it was it was dank!!! The nugs were organic and grown in soil... well about 90% organic...and also my 1st attempt at growing mary j so I was really impressed with how she turned out....

The smoke was very very smooth for a Og Kush but stunk really really kushy with a very sweet berryish undertone, not only to the flowers, but also the taste in the smoke..You could take large hits without coughing your lungs off and it really was one of the tastiest and smoothest og's ive every had, and I'm a huge OG fan... :)

DSC02483.JPG
DSC024801.JPG

i have some nice nuggets, but darn it all the photos suck. How in the world did all of you get the trichs to show up nicely and not wash out? What do you look for when picking nug of the month?

I don't get it... you can go buy a nug and enter it? What kind of contest is that if I dashed over to Harborside and entered their top shelf? Do you need permission? Don't mean to be nasty, just curious.

These descriptions remind me of the art of wine tasting... experience is everything. For me, a strain either kills pain and brings sleep or doesn't. LOL Evaluating buds is out of my league! I think all of these look great and I would be happy with buying any of them in a store.

204All, will that nug start purring like a kitten if I scratch it? Fascinating photo!! I also like that cool purple nug. Is it already dried? (stupid question, but can't tell) I've never seen a bud so radiant in color. Nice!

Good luck everyone and happy growing!

I don't get it... you can go buy a nug and enter it? What kind of contest is that if I dashed over to Harborside and entered their top shelf? Do you need permission? Don't mean to be nasty, just curious.

It's still in the rules that you can buy a nug and enter it, but I think that is very much so, dumb; being the forum site that we are on and the prizes being awarded. The entries and winners should be restricted to the best cultivators and their product.

Back
Top Bottom