420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Your Monday update. Things are moving along swimmingly
5FC59D9C-6D8C-4BF6-BF23-87552C3E2CB9.jpeg
well...for one of them. I’m gonna transplant the dwarf today and see if we can get some real growth out of her finally.

Looking good! Are you going to be topping or doing any other training techniques? This will be my first time growing in a tent. I want to ensure I leave enough space for flowering. Trying to figure out my strategy now.

Looking good! Are you going to be topping or doing any other training techniques? This will be my first time growing in a tent. I want to ensure I leave enough space for flowering. Trying to figure out my strategy now.
I’m going to top her in a few days, not sure about training yet.
I’m in a very small tent so once she’s topped, about 7-10 days and I’m flipping the switch to flower. I don’t need a monster in this little tent lol.

She (#2) had a surprisingly decent root system. Hopefully this up-pot will encourage her to go full speed.
3B7D1299-7C40-40EA-B7BC-3F302E714ECE.jpeg

#1 got her first top dressing of GeoFlora Veg, so she will start to get that watered in tomorrow at some point.
I was skeptical of having so much in the soil when I transplanted, but it’s having a good response. Everyone else seems to be having positive results with it as well.

I’m going to top her in a few days, not sure about training yet.
I’m in a very small tent so once she’s topped, about 7-10 days and I’m flipping the switch to flower. I don’t need a monster in this little tent lol.
Screenshot_20210322-191308~2.png

once she’s topped, about 7-10 days and I’m flipping the switch to flower.
Damn man! I thought they needed longer to recover. How tall is your tent and how tall are you trying to get the plants? Or I guess, how far away from the light is your end goal?
Nature's paradise.... a drug of its own.
I absolutely...positively...wholeheartedly agree!!! I seriously need to make more time to get out and just enjoy her. I have not done that at all for quite some time. I fill my time with so much other busy crap and then add more and more to-dos to my list and then get anxiety about doing them! Haaa haaa...vicious cycle!

Damn man! I thought they needed longer to recover. How tall is your tent and how tall are you trying to get the plants? Or I guess, how far away from the light is your end goal?
I’m hoping to get some more vigorous growth out of her in that time or else I’ll wait a bit longer. My original plan was for about 30 days then start to wind the time down (currently at 19/5) down to 12/12 over about a 10 day period.
If they are growing on the right track, they recover fast.
As far as size- I’ve been seeing more than doubling during stretch, more like tripling in size. So 12-14” is as tall as I want her, if she’s going to be 30-36” at the end. The tent is a standard 2x2x4 so that’s even cutting it a little close.

I’ll happily let these other master growers tear it up and have a room full of 5 ft tall monsters. We need to see how they perform in all situations. I’ll happily stay on the small side, for science ;)

The little runt here will end up outside and she can do all the growing for both of them. I’ll already be smoking on #1 before #2 is even flowering.
Should be fun, seeing some grows pop up already!

I’ll happily stay on the small side, for science ;)
:laugh: :yummy: Can't get mad at that! I do not even remember how tall my tent is but it's a 5x5.
I’ll already be smoking on #1 before #2 is even flowering.
I was thinking of also putting one outside. So basically...it looks like I'm copying your journal in a couple ways! :passitleft:

I'll also be going with @GeoFlora Nutrients for my grow too! It's time I give them a try and simplify my process and compare the results to previous crappy seasons. Having less plants and more focus this year will help too.

:laugh: :yummy: Can't get mad at that! I do not even remember how tall my tent is but it's a 5x5.

I was thinking of also putting one outside. So basically...it looks like I'm copying your journal in a couple ways! :passitleft:

I'll also be going with @GeoFlora Nutrients for my grow too! It's time I give them a try and simplify my process and compare the results to previous crappy seasons. Having less plants and more focus this year will help too.
I agree with that sentiment. I had WAY too many photos outside last year. I’ll probably just do this one, and a few autos this year. Try to get done with the season as early as possible so not all of the plants are plagued (again) by mildew and rot and fungus gnats in September.
Geoflora is a new ride for several people but it seems to be going well for them, and I’m all for trying new organic methods whenever I can. The new tan Velcro GeoPots are pretty slick too. I had so cheap black fabric ones that worked ok before, these are just more sturdy and probably easier to clean out for reuse.
Glad to have you along doing the same kind of grow!

Try to get done with the season as early as possible so not all of the plants are plagued (again) by mildew and rot and fungus gnats in September.
Maaaaan...I hear you on that. Last season's rot and caterpillars plagued me again. I was so damn bummed. I have a hand full of autos and was thinking of trying them outside. I've never grown autos. I honestly thought they are mainly for growing indoors but I saw a few journals last year where they flowered even in the middle of summer.

Much appreciated dude! You're giving us all a good headstart on how to do things right.

I agree with that sentiment. I had WAY too many photos outside last year. I’ll probably just do this one, and a few autos this year. Try to get done with the season as early as possible so not all of the plants are plagued (again) by mildew and rot and fungus gnats in September.
Geoflora is a new ride for several people but it seems to be going well for them, and I’m all for trying new organic methods whenever I can. The new tan Velcro GeoPots are pretty slick too. I had so cheap black fabric ones that worked ok before, these are just more sturdy and probably easier to clean out for reuse.

I really wish the products that you guys use in the U.S. were available in Canada because I want to try Geoflora, too and I want those GeoPots as well. Maybe, it's a Geo thing??? :hmmmm:

So how big is that pot and what feeding ratio did you decide on for the GF?

So how big is that pot and what feeding ratio did you decide on for the GF?
It’s a 5g, and My original dose within the soil was 1oz per gallon (5 oz) but for top dress I just started with 1/2 cup.
I want her to really take off and start growing so I can see an actual response when I feed. She’s a little slow right now, but getting sturdy and she’s a nice green at the moment.

It’s a 5g, and My original dose within the soil was 1oz per gallon (5 oz) but for top dress I just started with 1/2 cup.
I want her to really take off and start growing so I can see an actual response when I feed. She’s a little slow right now, but getting sturdy and she’s a nice green at the moment.
Okay. It looks like you're going with the GeoFlora feeding chart. This ought to be enlightening! :nomo:

let me be last to wish you a belated one. :)
Nope, I get to! Happy belated birthday Justin! :theband:

I was thinking of using Geoflora on my outdoor grow this year - and of course I have to try for a monster now that I’ve got a little more experience under my belt. :cheesygrinsmiley: What’s been on my mind about those nutes is this.....last year I was giving my outdoor plants a LOT of water 2 gallons per day + ice since it was so darn hot. I think I likely need to grow in 10+ gallon pots that are not black, and also try to align my seed choices with that type of environment. My concern is that I will wash away the nutes that are mixed in and also the top dressings. I wonder if there is anyone around that had used it outdoors? :hmmmm: Just kinda thinking out loud here..... Welcome home from paradise!

Okay. It looks like you're going with the GeoFlora feeding chart. This ought to be enlightening! :nomo:
I’m seeing some variation between growers and charts. With @Carcass giving a pretty large dose with no ill effects, I feel alright about playing by ear from this point.
What dose are you currently giving?
I wonder if there is anyone around that had used it outdoors? :hmmmm: Just kinda thinking out loud here..... Welcome home from paradise!
Thanks Boo!
I’m sure someone here has done it outdoors, or maybe @GeoFlora Nutrients can help us out with that one.

Back
Top Bottom