420's Soil Ppm Charlie Grow Journal, 9/2021

Northern Lights (NL-R) trichomes. Ready to harvest - (me=yes; you=?). Please post
Me = soon based solely on trichome pics. But then I'd let the other plants have more amber, mix it up. That's the nice part with having multiple plants.

But not yet.

Me = very soon based solely on trichome pics. But then I'd let the other plants have more amber, mix it up. That's the nice part with having multiple plants.

But not yet.
Thanks @Rexer and @InTheShed I will check the trichs again early next week.

Daim, those are some awesome shots!! How do you make those (sorry if asnwered 2000 times already)
When are you harvesting the NL-R? I would be chopping about now .. but might be too soon?
Thank you for your kind words. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I make my plant and trich pics by microscope and cell phone pics.

For the pics of the plant and buds, I take a pic with the cellphone, transfer it to computer, load photo into a photo editor, and review the shots. Cell pics I like I store and then review later to see if I want to post them.

Some of the cell pics I use the "zoom-in" feature of the photo editor to get a closeup shot of a small area of the cell pic. Since the cell pic is high quality, there is little distortion of the image down to about 100X to 150X - sometimes 200X. I get some pretty good closeups of parts of the plant that way. When i settle on a shot, I use the "print-screen" button on the computer to store the shot.

For the closeup "trich" pics I use a microscope. I use small scissors to snip a "rice-grain-sized" bit of the bud. I try to get both calyx and sugar leaf. I transfer that bit to the microscope stage and zoom-in. The microscope give good detail down to about 200X (small depth-of-field though). It is better quality than the cell phone pics at that magnification. The microscope is a "USB type plug-in-to-computer-type". The image appears on my computer and I use the Windows camera viewer to snap shots.

Here is a pic of the microscope I use, it is an Opti-Tekscope Digital USB Microscope Camera- True High Definition Macro 200x Zoom Imaging (1600x1200). Thank you for visiting.

71EqbpclKzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The sugar leaves look done, how about the calyxes? :)
A piece of calyx is included in the leaf pic. It is the image with the leaf in fuzzy background and kind of a squashed garden of milky trichs with several amber heads appearing. I located the leaf and calyx part too close on the microscope view image I guess.

In any case, it is 36&CHOP starting tomorrow for NL-R. I have a bad veg tent backup - poor planning and Northern Lights flowering running to 10+ weeks. The NL pictured is ready, it's sister is within a few days of ready and the third NL is at least a week or two. These NL's were from feminized seed and indicated 6-8weeks to finished flower. I depended on that and shouldn't have and now I have a veg tent I need a lawnmower to top. :thedoubletake:

One good thing though the four Fruity Pebbles are looking great and one or more may be ready within a week or two.

Each time I open the flowering tent it seems to fill the entire house with beautiful 420 aromas. I would like to "bottle" that...

Thank you for all the kind help here @InTheShed , you and others here have really helped me out a lot! I greatly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom