4x4 1000w SCROG 4xWW DWC w/ Sunpulse 3k Digital Bulb

How do you feel about Sunpulse's Full Spectrum Lamp Set? (3, 4 ,6.4 & 10 Kalvin)

• I love it! I think it's the best thing to mimic real light, and i'd use all 4!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I like the idea of a 3k MH bulb, but the others seem a little gimmicky

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'm old school. Give me ole' 60hz and a super hortilux, and it's as good as it gets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm not exactly sure what all this is about! lmgtfy.com :)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have faith in you, you will get those roots and plants up and running again. Good luck...

got 2l of the STRONG ass h2o2, as well as grozyme today! I'm applying it now, and as soon as I smoke a few strong bowls, i'll get up the nerve to take some pictures!

Thanks again for all the great support everyone :)

Hang in there Ultra!.
i know you're almost there. It might take a day or two but you'll be back on track bro, h202 will clean it up nicely :)

we're all here for ya

dro:hug:

BAM!
IMG_01127.JPG

This is what happens when you don't treat your roots at all. These are my 2 smallest weakest plants that i've barely touched since this has happened: and ironically, it's doing the best. The roots look HORRIBLE, but keep in mind, this is bacterial growth, not rot (as of yet) some rot has started in some places, but what seems to be only the smallest weakest tips?

+Grozyme +crazy dose of 28% h202 (like... 25ml?) = some messy water EDIT: Sorry, don't know why I posted this that way: I'm using about 5-8ml/gallon of the strong 28%h202

Now I know what you might be saying: what the fuck is wrong with this guy: look at those roots! But seriosuly, you should see the larger plants, with the larger root masses. They're wilted, and a couple outside branches have bent. It seems the stress of screwing with the roots did them in more than anything.

Heres a shot of my mother plants roots: fizzing away with some h202 that I will be replenishing over the next few hours until I throw the plant in a NEW bin of fresh nuties + grozyme + maintainace doeses of h202 to keep it in check until harvest. Notice the slime I didn't wash off with a hose off to the left there. I'm predicting total destruction in 48 hours.

IMG_01119.JPG

Muahahahahahahaa (and usul I totally feel you about it getting to a point where it gets funny: see first photograph :p)

Geeze - its good you're keeping a calm head. Are you still using the Molasses? I think that's more likely the culprit than the Liquid Karma.

Hard to tell how slimy that stuff is, but does it wash off?

Laugh, you're right drojo :)

The worst pic is from the plant I haven't touched at all, and is coincidently the "best looking" up top. It is pretty slimy, and will wash off, but there is SO MUCH of it, that washing only does so much. Right now, after treating 2 of 3 bins with grozyme and h202 for a few hours, i've replaced the largest single plant in a fresh nutrient solution, 980ppm, 5.8ph with grozyme and h202. It looks better SOMEWHAT in terms of droopage, but a couple smaller branches have still bent pretty hard. THey're now mostly tied together to hold them up. The brown stuff is sizzling away, and nice white roots are showing up - slowly but surely. All i'm worried about at this point is getting the osmotic pressure back up in the plants to get them standing: The slime completely blocked their water uptake i'm thinking.

As soon as I get nutrient solution back in 2 main bins, i'll concentrate on the single, worst bin. I'm confident i'm getting grip on this situation quickly, but in the next few days i'll get my answer.

No more molasses! And more pics tomorrow, perhaps the next day. Man, I can't wait till this situation is over with!

Laugh, you're right drojo :)

The worst pic is from the plant I haven't touched at all, and is coincidently the "best looking" up top. It is pretty slimy, and will wash off, but there is SO MUCH of it, that washing only does so much. Right now, after treating 2 of 3 bins with grozyme and h202 for a few hours, i've replaced the largest single plant in a fresh nutrient solution, 980ppm, 5.8ph with grozyme and h202. It looks better SOMEWHAT in terms of droopage, but a couple smaller branches have still bent pretty hard. THey're now mostly tied together to hold them up. The brown stuff is sizzling away, and nice white roots are showing up - slowly but surely. All i'm worried about at this point is getting the osmotic pressure back up in the plants to get them standing: The slime completely blocked their water uptake i'm thinking.

As soon as I get nutrient solution back in 2 main bins, i'll concentrate on the single, worst bin. I'm confident i'm getting grip on this situation quickly, but in the next few days i'll get my answer.

No more molasses! And more pics tomorrow, perhaps the next day. Man, I can't wait till this situation is over with!

Sounds Perfect! I agree with Tiger - you're turning the tide.

+reps if I can

Wow Ultra I stopped reading for a few days and getting caught up has been painful! I think slime is a required learning curve for anyone in DWC. First bins I tried got it right away. Keep up the good work looks like you are on the right track to solving this problem and will be back to clear sailing in no time. I have heard a lot of good things about "subculture" and different bacterial products. Have you thought about using them once you are done killing the slime monster? I would agree with your conclusion that molasses without good bacteria to eat it was the cause of this problem.

:peace:

Well hello everyone!

Well this grow changed rather abruptly! Since the plants have started to droop, i've noticed a few things:

a) many of the pistils have turned orange
b) trichrome output is insane: they make my fingers look "wet"
c) some leaves have started to yellow and die

I'll continue by saying right off the bat that this grow is pretty well fucked in our eyes. The molasses we added to a long standing chemical nutrient solution just made things go apeshit. The bacterial growth exploded, and when temps went over 70F, it was way beyond control.

I've used 2L of 28% h202 as well as 1L of 3% thus far: the outer roots are clean, but the inner mass is still coated: and the plants do NOT like it. I have the option of adding some more h202, but I'm not so sure that the plants will be able to recover a reasonable amount: I'm so close to the end, i'm more concerned with just letting whats on there ripen up. I know exactly what my mistake was, and how to avoid it again. It was a simple fuck up based on being overconfident, combined with being under-supplied. a 4L of 28-35% h202 will be following me around from now on

a)when experimenting with nutrient solution and "organics" do it one bin at a frickin' time. I screwed myself over by not being able to produce enough replacement water fast enough, and in all honesty, 24 hours was all the time that bacteria needed to get out of control.
b) examine the roots more thouroughly: upon seeing any "matter" acculimating on the roots, I should treat with h202. While my upper roots looked okay, the problem started down deep, at the thinner roots, then moved its way up.

Now i've had my time to be stressed out about this: but i've decided to look forward. i've got "flowering clones" in my cloner upstars that i'm revegging, and i've got lots of seeds for my next grow, as well as everything to start it... I'll have 18 "possibilities" for plants, all feminized. As soon as my second batch of seeds arrive, i'll be sprouting them and getting them started in rockwool plugs in a humidity dome, then into larger cubes. As soon as I pull the 5 i've got going, the light mover will be installed, more bins added, and i'll be up and running in a couple days.

As for moving forward, I won't be doing too much more to try to save these plants. I'm hoping (and i'm quite sure) they'll stay alive enough to finish ripening (they're still doing their thing, but with a few less branches, and few leaves standing at attention)

Yes i'm very disappointed in myself. Yes I made a mistake. It will -never- happen again, that's one thing I can be certain of. I need to insist on myself a little of the philosophy, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But just a little :)

So this journal isn't exactly dead. I'll be posting some pictures of my experience so people can learn how quickly things can go from perfection to absolute disaster. It will also give some indications to my next setup. I've got to just give a general big thanks to everyone for the support!

Very good post Ultrasonic, I've been in the slime, and it's no fun when DWC goes bad. Since then, I leave experimenting with that to others - been using just strait chem nutes - I'm too afraid to try anything else.

+ reps for the honest and informative summary.

Thanks so much for the update Ultra - I've been holding my breath! Your plan sounds right on and I think harvesting sooner rather than later could have some benefits. One of my grower's goals has been to produce meds that deliver an uplifting, cerebral, motivational high. I've got work to do, after all! From what I've read an early harvest where most of the trichomes are just starting to turn translucent is more likely to produce that effect than a late harvest when most are opaque or amber. Of course, I'll always want some of the late harvest product that has a more physical effect (best for pain relief, nausea control and as a sleep aid) but the bulk of my medicine cabinet will be stocked with the motivational variety.

Anyway, based on the last pics you posted I think you can already claim victory! And you've learned so much. Imagine the stories you can tell your grandkids - hahaha! Just a suggestion, and I know you must have had it by now with hauling water around, but if you think you're a week or so away from harvest might it be a good idea to flush the res and run with just plain old pHed water with a little H2O2?

And, hey, no fair shutting down this journal until we get a smoke report. ;)

:goodjob:

Sorry for the root issues, that sucks. Hope those ladies hand in there and finish up nice a strong for you. Sound like you have a good plan for the future. Great job + rep

Back
Top Bottom