4x4 1000w SCROG 4xWW DWC w/ Sunpulse 3k Digital Bulb

How do you feel about Sunpulse's Full Spectrum Lamp Set? (3, 4 ,6.4 & 10 Kalvin)

• I love it! I think it's the best thing to mimic real light, and i'd use all 4!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I like the idea of a 3k MH bulb, but the others seem a little gimmicky

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I'm old school. Give me ole' 60hz and a super hortilux, and it's as good as it gets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'm not exactly sure what all this is about! lmgtfy.com :)

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope you are able to get enough product to have made the work worth it. I will be following your future grows as well. Great journal.:peace:

Plants look pretty bad: they're not drinking any water, and have mostly dried up. Again, still funny, is the smallest plants with the crappiest roots (the ones I showed above) are looking the best. No dried up leaves.

I'm keeping them around as long as I can for them to ripen. If they don't, i'm going to pull them and pretty much pretend it didn't happen. I'll save most of everything for hash or perhaps oil...

NOW!

*men in black flashy brain eraser thingy*

The next update will probably be the link to my next journal for a PROPERLY LABELED and EXECUTED grow. Mutter. It will be:

1000w sunpulse on 6ft agramover
same ventilation/climate controls, but larger 6inch ducting instead of 4inch
same dwc method: NO MOLASSES and LOTS OF h202 available, bit of liquid karma and hygrozyme
going to maintain a veg solution for my whole veg cycle using the addback method: I won't be draining completely to a) save money on nutes b) help maintain the healthy root zone. I will be able to treat regularly with a dose of h202.
stains will be:

1 trainwreck
1 super lemon haze
1 strawberry cough
1 AMS
1 Master Kush
1 PPP
one strain that I cannot recall :p
and several white widow

I'm going to increase the amount of plants in the bins too... They comfortably fit 2-3 6inch pots like right now, but i'mthinking about 6 smaller pots in 2 center bins, where the light distribution will be the highest. I've got good circulation in there, so i'm not so concerned about density now that I see how these suckers grow :)

Great thing about the agramover is I will be plugging in 8x CFL's into the mover itself, allowing them to dangle off the sides of the reflector, lighting the outer lower edges of the plants (a problem spot I found we had) They will be the 24w CFLS, but I could always upgrade them at sometime to the larger 48's

I will post photo updates when I get the mover installed and the vents rerun, plants taken down/room somewhat reset-up.

PS- clones are doing GREAT, roots popped faster when I used liquid karma... but it could have been that they were flowering clones. I'm waiting for them to get LARGE roots, and work to revert themselves back to veg. Tomorrow i'll be giving them a dose of nutrients to jump start them. I want to keep them in time with the seeds I will be sprouting! (just waiting for the last 3 to get here... should be tomorrow/next day, but then i'll be sprouting them straight away, placing them in rockwool plugs, then in cubes, in a humidity dome until they get nice and rooty

thanks for following along everyone :)

Sorry to hear that about your plants man... You not the only one tho, I have.. well had a pretty bad algae problem if that makes you feel any better haha.

Good luck on tha grow tho man.!

Stay Green,

That boy Tdogg :ganjamon:

Well 420train, that pic is pretty specific and requires reading back a little. To sum it up, thats not what it looks like now.

Infact, those roots which I intentionally neglected, have the nicest looking, healthiest leaves/buds. The roots I screwed with, ripped off, etc, seemed to do way too much damage for the plants.

Anyway, like I said, it's an old issue and the point is i'll be moving forward with a new, larger more efficient grow in a week or two.

Great update Ultra! The new setup with the light mover and dangling CFLs sounds great - it will be quite a sight. Would love to get some detailed info on your climate controls, it's something I'd like to add to my setup. And all those strains sound great. Mmmmmm, Super Lemon Haze... that strain took two awards at last year's cannabis cup and is one I'd like to try so I'll be watching closely.

Sounds like you are well on your way to your next grow with some great stains. Should be fun to follow. Good luck...

I took down one of the plants (the mother) that clearly wasn't uptaking any more water. Alot of buds were crispy on the outer edges, but only the small leafy guys. Anyhow, I trimmed it all down, and ground some up for some tokes (helps it air dry faster)

I use a vaporizer (DaBuddha) So I was able to try it out right away. The high is very much a head high: it feels very rich in psychoactives, and lower in thc. I'm not sure of the amber to cloudy ratio: i'm saving that for a couple days from now when i'm closer to my 8 week mark, for my last 4 plants. I figure from the one plant I pulled 3-4oz dry, but that'll be a rough estimate. The buds are... undeveloped. They were at their critical time of development (the last 3-4 weeks) when their food and water supply was essentially cut off. I'll provide some pics when I can. I'm not so disappointed about what i've gotten so far, because these are the worst buds.

that took me about 30 minutes to type out, that says it all :p Rest of the plants come down in about 7-12 days. Woot!

This is 2 plants: the ones that never made it, and were pretty well crispy on the stems, except for the buds next to it. This is about 4 oz I think
IMG_01468.JPG

Closeup of my loosely trimmed buds. I vaporize, so I like to leave the trichrome-laden leaves. I'd remove them if I were going to combust it in a bong or joint. The necrosis was from the messy root issue.
IMG_01376.JPG

Not very fat at all :( They were 3.5weeks from finish went shit went BOOM
IMG_01366.JPG

This is her stem. Was a big plant... I trimmed it back ALOT. It had a hefty root system, but it was also the oldest, so contained more developed bacteria that, when fed, unleashed it's terror faster, and thicker than my other plants.
IMG_01346.JPG

I've still got 3 more plants that have green leaves and are clinging on, just finishing up their amber trichromes: I think about 7-12 days, maybe sooner. I -do- have alot of new seeds to get going :)

A quick update:

-Plants are shooting out new roots: will post a pic at lights on

-the 3 that are left are most of the yeild, and the buds are lookin' NICE. Plants obviously could be doing better (they're not really drinking much at all..) but they look great for what they are. The buds have been thickening up, using all the reserves the plant has (leaves are yellowing quickly) and just 4 days until the 8 week mark.

-the bud that I got off the "dead" plant is amazing. Gets me just as high as the stuff i've been buying at 200$/oz, so that's saving me like 400$ a month! A couple months of this and i'll be back ...in the green :) There's the popcorn that you see on the plate in the above pics, then there are the main colas on top. They're pretty weak in terms of bud thickness, but that's because they were pulled 3 weeks before the 8 week mark... My guess is that the bud isn't very high in thc, but is very high in the other psychoactives. It does smooth out into somewhat of a body high though. It's a bit harsh, but I attribute that to it being just cropped: it may be "harsh" but doesn't make my throat sore, and it doesn't burn me out

-clones are doing well: they still think it's flowering time, but they'll wake up soon. I'm just letting them sit in a 5/10 1/2 strength lucas formula w/ a little hygrozyme... they're growing a nice big root system.

-I started up a new thread for my latest grow! Check it out in my signature! As soon as these plants get ripped out, i'll be done with this journal except for a smoke report after a month of cure. I suppose it's safe to say next Saturday will be the big day: I'll harvest the plants, and upgrade the room: it'll be a big day!

Okay okay okay... I can almost hear the grumbles :grinjoint:

My Sunpulse bulb right at startup: pretty blue plasma storm
IMG_01744.JPG

This nug is 2 inches wide... feels kindof dry: not as moist as the lower buds.
IMG_01724.JPG

IMG_01695.JPG

IMG_01655.JPG

IMG_01633.JPG

IMG_01624.JPG

Nuggity nuggity nug.
IMG_01606.JPG

Sucks you had to pull the plants but at least you got something from her. The others buds look like they are coming along nicely. Great job...

IMG_01796.JPG

IMG_01785.JPG

IMG_01767.JPG

You can see in the last photo here how the plant shot out new roots to help deal with the existing roots being damaged (still slime-covered). The hygrozyme really makes these roots look nice and white!

Back
Top Bottom