600W LED Grow

re: GLH 600W LED Grow

Irish great job on the plant of the month..

I also think you made the right choice on the LED panel selection.

4 180's would only give you 720 actual (led) watts with a power draw of 960 watts. 3 300w lights would be 900 actual (led) watts and 1,080 actual watts used. Looking at the math it seems the 300w panels look to be the best value.. Even two 300w panels draw 20 less watts then a 600w panel. I would have to agree, three 300w panels would be the best choice.

Irish great job on the plant of the month..

I also think you made the right choice on the LED panel selection.

4 180's would only give you 720 actual (led) watts with a power draw of 960 watts. 3 300w lights would be 900 actual (led) watts and 1,080 actual watts used. Looking at the math it seems the 300w panels look to be the best value.. Even two 300w panels draw 20 less watts then a 600w panel. I would have to agree, three 300w panels would the best choice.

thats the same math that made up my mind. i cant wait!! three 300's over 6 plants is gonna be bad ass. my goal is to put my grow right now to shame. i always have to 1up my last grow or then i am doing something wrong? but it will be nice to see first hand what high powered leds can do. i mean if 1080w cant grow some huge buds then i dont know what can? my buds right now are pretty big with only 600w so i cant wait to see what 1080w will do? plus the more i use these lights the more i can dial in on how to use them best, plus i will be trying to get the same strain either one dosent matter they both kick ass, but once i learn the strain to the T then it will be very good.

i understand mike's hands are tied and theirs nothing he can do to get the lights here faster and it not his fault. so we will play it by ear.

Irish, do you think you could PM me about this? I have placed an order with mike but he doesn't seem to be responding to email any more. Just wondering what the hold up is. Sorry to ask you but I am at my wits end and have been waiting quite a while. I spose whatever the hold up is it makes Mike a very busy bloke.

Congrats on POTM, you rock =)

thats the same math that made up my mind. i cant wait!! three 300's over 6 plants is gonna be bad ass. my goal is to put my grow right now to shame. i always have to 1up my last grow or then i am doing something wrong? but it will be nice to see first hand what high powered leds can do. i mean if 1080w cant grow some huge buds then i dont know what can? my buds right now are pretty big with only 600w so i cant wait to see what 1080w will do? plus the more i use these lights the more i can dial in on how to use them best, plus i will be trying to get the same strain either one dosent matter they both kick ass, but once i learn the strain to the T then it will be very good.

I don't mean to rain on your parade but using 3-300w lights over 6 plants isn't like using a full 1080w over them, isn't it still going to be 300w over 2. I wouldn't think you would add up all the watts since they will not all be over the 6 plants together. I hope I'm making sense here but the math just doesn't add up for me, am I missing something? :loopy: Also, wouldn't the light intensity be greater from 1-600w light compared to 3-300w lights per plant? :rollingeyes:

I don't mean to rain on your parade but using 3-300w lights over 6 plants isn't like using a full 1080w over them, isn't it still going to be 300w over 2. I wouldn't think you would add up all the watts since they will not all be over the 6 plants together. I hope I'm making sense here but the math just doesn't add up for me, am I missing something? :loopy: Also, wouldn't the light intensity be greater from 1-600w light compared to 3-300w lights per plant? :rollingeyes:

Light intensity for a round bulb is different than LED. All the power of a traditional HID bulb is in the element ... more power in ..more power out. THis is true to an extent with LED, but the main difference is ..with a LED ..there are hundreds and hundreds of tiny "bulbs" and can only fit so many of those bulbs in the space given.

The 600w LED which Irish and myself are using ... is simply 2 300W panels placed together.

So ... 1000W HID ..all the energy is coming from the middle out ..from one place ... 1000W LED ..all the light is spread over a given area and originates from hundreds of smaller bulbs all working in concert.

Picture it like this ... you could have 10 8" subs in your car and could somewhat shape the sound with placement ...or you could have 4 18" subs ..where you lose the placement and imaging ..but you get a stronger note at one place in your car.

i agree with u bro... i have to say though i like the idea of 3 300w instead of 1 600w

irish will probably get more weight this way....just not going to be as intense of light directly

under each plant, right now that does not seem to be an issue.his bottom branch a half

inch above soil is not close to the light but has some how reached all the way up to the

light and has nice boobs -- im mean buds !!! :ganjamon:

Irish, do you think you could PM me about this? I have placed an order with mike but he doesn't seem to be responding to email any more. Just wondering what the hold up is. Sorry to ask you but I am at my wits end and have been waiting quite a while. I spose whatever the hold up is it makes Mike a very busy bloke.

Congrats on POTM, you rock =)

you cant PM since you only have 2 post. but what did you want me to PM you about? all i know is he is waiting for some lights. i dont know when they will be in? did you call him?

their will be 2 plants under intense light from each 300w but all the others lights will still be close enuff to each other light to spread light to the other plants so all three lights will be mixing and crossing light from each light and hitting all the nodes on the plants. i never said i was using a 1080w led light i said i was going to use 1880w worth of leds. its just like running two 600w hps on a 4x4 tray, you would say ur running 1200w per 4x4 tray? all i am doing is adding up the total watts per given grow area since each light will be working with each other and mixing their spectrum's and hitting all areas on the plants..

now the light intensity from the 600w led is only more instnse in the "core" of the light IMO. but since its 34"x13" the core print isn't hitting all the plants with core light but more shadow light from the light spread plus in order to cover that many plant you would need to raise the 600w up quite a bit. now if i had three 300w lights is would measure 39"x19.5" side by side so now i am getting more intense core light over each plant and i can keep each light allot closer to the plants now since the foot print is bigger i will gain more intense light IMO. make sense. all the 600w light is is two 300w lights put together so all i am doing is putting three 300w light together to ge more intense core light, plus now i am able to adjust how many watts i want to use, when their just baby's they dont need 600w of leds so now i can use 300w then when they get bigger i can use 600w then flowering use 1000w. save some money on power now.

their will be 2 plants under intense light from each 300w but all the others lights will still be close enuff to each other light to spread light to the other plants so all three lights will be mixing and crossing light from each light and hitting all the nodes on the plants. i never said i was using a 1080w led light i said i was going to use 1880w worth of leds. its just like running two 600w hps on a 4x4 tray, you would say ur running 1200w per 4x4 tray? all i am doing is adding up the total watts per given grow area since each light will be working with each other and mixing their spectrum's and hitting all areas on the plants..

now the light intensity from the 600w led is only more instnse in the "core" of the light IMO. but since its 34"x13" the core print isn't hitting all the plants with core light but more shadow light from the light spread plus in order to cover that many plant you would need to raise the 600w up quite a bit. now if i had three 300w lights is would measure 39"x19.5" side by side so now i am getting more intense core light over each plant and i can keep each light allot closer to the plants now since the foot print is bigger i will gain more intense light IMO. make sense. all the 600w light is is two 300w lights put together so all i am doing is putting three 300w light together to ge more intense core light, plus now i am able to adjust how many watts i want to use, when their just baby's they dont need 600w of leds so now i can use 300w then when they get bigger i can use 600w then flowering use 1000w. save some money on power now.

well played sir... that sounds like a good plan. do you think heat will be an issue with 3 panels going? r u going for 2 massive plants on the next grow?

well played sir... that sounds like a good plan. do you think heat will be an issue with 3 panels going? r u going for 2 massive plants on the next grow?

i think heat will be an issue no matter what i use because on the high summer heat, but i think it will be much cooler then a 1000w hps. i am going for 6 medium plants. around 3'

you cant PM since you only have 2 post. but what did you want me to PM you about? all i know is he is waiting for some lights. i dont know when they will be in? did you call him?

I'm on the other side of the planet but yer, seems to be my only option is to call him. Cheers anyway. I spose if he's waiting on the lights he's waiting on the lights. He just hasn't gotten back to me about what the hold up is and I am getting paranoid as stoners sometimes tend to be. :ganjamon: Will have to smoke a spliff and try to relax.

When it comes, if I get some plants half as stacked as these I will be over the moon. Can't wait for your 1000w future grow Irish, will be interesting to say the least. I suppose you intend for there to be some overlap in the footprint the panels? Will probably take some configuring to find the best arrangement I guess.

I'm on the other side of the planet but yer, seems to be my only option is to call him. Cheers anyway. I spose if he's waiting on the lights he's waiting on the lights. He just hasn't gotten back to me about what the hold up is and I am getting paranoid as stoners sometimes tend to be. :ganjamon: Will have to smoke a spliff and try to relax.

When it comes, if I get some plants half as stacked as these I will be over the moon. Can't wait for your 1000w future grow Irish, will be interesting to say the least. I suppose you intend for there to be some overlap in the footprint the panels? Will probably take some configuring to find the best arrangement I guess.

ya i would give him a call. i wouldn't be worried he seems to be a legit guy and i dont think he would screw anyone over, its bad for business. i know he e-mail gets messed up sometimes its happen to me when trying to e-mail him.

that 1080w grow will be a fun one to do, i will have to play with them and see what works best, but i think i already have it down, just keep them all side by side with each other to keep the light mixing with each other and more intense light this way.

dint you get a 300w unit also? have you used it yet if you did get one?

Ordered one a month ago.. Just waiting on the shipment...lol...

My man Mike must be swamped...

AND

I think I know of some vendors that would love to be in that position...

I hit him with a PM. He said the light should be shipping in a day or two so we shall see..

It's all good. I like watching your grows..

Your knockin this grow out of the park..:thumb:

P.S. He's smacking the glass out for me before it's shipped, saves me the trouble..

Ordered one a month ago.. Just waiting on the shipment...lol...

My man Mike must be swamped...

AND

I think I know of some vendors that would love to be in that position...

I hit him with a PM. He said the light should be shipping in a day or two so we shall see..

It's all good. I like watching your grows..

Your knockin this grow out of the park..:thumb:

P.S. He's smacking the glass out for me before it's shipped, saves me the trouble..

ya i talked to him yesterday and i believe the lights are coming in any day, he said every time he gets his lights in their gone. i guess thats what happens when you have a solid light?
i am gonna have him take my glass out also save me the trouble to. i think its the only way to go, i would do it any other way

Back
Top Bottom