906 Cabin Fever Sour Daddy Auto Experiment

The water bath is ph 5.8 going in but goes to 6.5 the next day... should probably scrub the wastebaskets before use, I just put some bath water into the other unused wastebasket so I can check that tomorrow. I did rinse the perlite before use, not sure why the ph would otherwise change....

The water ph did in fact go up by a half point just sitting in the new 6L basket. A couple drops of vinegar has it back down to 5.7 will see if that holds. I had rinsed out the bucket with plain water and wiped out the inside, may need to use some soap or other solvent to condition/clean the plastic. Will stick to a solo cup for now.

The last seed I soaked sank quickly, will put it in paper towel tomorrow, the other seed still shows no sign of opening and Curly shows no further growth yet.

Seed #3 (an indica F2) was open a bit this morning and just went to the paper towel, tomorrow I should be able to point the root downward into a peat cup which I will set into the perlite. Seed #2 remains closed up (in the paper towel).

RH early this morning was 22, I am starting to get some skin rash so decided to leave a pot of water simmering on the stove. After a couple hrs RH was up to 30. Today I'm going to pick up a small warm-mist humidifier as I can't leave the simmer pot going 24/7.

For research purposes I gently removed Curly out of the perlite to see how the root was doing... the tap was still only about an inch long but did show some side hairs growth. I mixed up some 3:1 perlite/coarse vermiculite and re-planted in the solo cup. I will keep water in bottom of the 6L wastebasket below the solo drain hole now for humidification. The LED light bulb reflector covers the entire top of the basket so RH inside the basket should be somewhat better than the ambient levels. While I can fit 2 solo cups inside the basket I will probably lay Curly to rest once I have a more viable sprout.

IMG_20190123_082146101.jpg

The $35 warm mist humidifier I picked up yesterday rocks! With that going upstairs and a simmer pot going in the kitchen the whole place is close to 40%RH. Hopefully my skin rashes will clear up in a few days and I'm sure the vegetation will rejoice. Just in time too as we are looking for windchill of -30 tonight. The 2nd seed in the paper towel hasn't extended yet so at least another day there with the other seed that still hasn't cracked open.

"WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 AM EST FRIDAY... * WHAT...LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW EXPECTED. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 8 INCHES NORTHEAST OF A LINE FROM CHAMPION TO ISHPEMING ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT. WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 30 TO 40 MPH LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO TONIGHT, WITH THE STRONGEST WINDS EXPECTED ALONG THE LAKE SUPERIOR SHORELINE NEAR AND EAST OF MARQUETTE. WIND CHILLS WILL BE AS LOW AS 30 BELOW ZERO TONIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING. "

Stay warm brother!! It was -23°f not including the windchill this past sunday and winds were 30-40mph gusts. Its warmed up into the 20s but weve been getting slammed with snow.

Stay warm brother!! It was -23°f not including the windchill this past sunday and winds were 30-40mph gusts. Its warmed up into the 20s but weve been getting slammed with snow.

Holy Wah! You are above/below 'Da Bridge'? I know some of the interior U.P. places got temps approaching -30 last weekend, the big lake actually helps keep the temp higher along the coast here unless the lake freezes over. It has been a few years since I was able to ice fish in Marquette harbor, this cold snap in the coming week(s) may give us a shot at it this year. Nothing like sushi with a small 1 or 2lb coho!

Im below the bridge in part of the great snow belt!! Not sure if your familiar with Cadillac, im abot 10-15min east out in the country. The town I live in is Lake City between Cadillac and Houghton Lake. The lake and all the corn fields around me didnt help much here, had that wind just a blowing. Were supposed to be getting back in the negatives this weekend again.

Im below the bridge in part of the great snow belt!! Not sure if your familiar with Cadillac, im abot 10-15min east out in the country. The town I live in is Lake City between Cadillac and Houghton Lake. The lake and all the corn fields around me didnt help much here, had that wind just a blowing. Were supposed to be getting back in the negatives this weekend again.

Yup I know Cadillac. I was born in Grand Rapids, my Dad had a buddy with a cabin near Hardy Dam where we would stay for a week every summer until I was 9yrs old... my first boat fishing experiences were there. Dad was a gunsmith, he bought a sport shop in Marquette in '56 where I had my 10th birthday.

I have a cousin a few months older than me in GR, for many years he and his wife have been riding their Harleys up here every summer for a July 4th Pig Roast with his Outlaw buddies who bought a cabin up here.... my first invite over there they wanted to put a tax on my Honda .... then my wife won the 50/50 raffle, omg. Parties are pretty much done now as most of them have health problems, are dead, or jail/probation issues. My cuz still rides up every year so far.

bikes1.jpg

Ace1.JPG

What your wife won that bike in a 50/50 raffle thats awesome. Nice bike btw!! Sounds to me like some good times, I know the dam pretty well my dad use to take me fishing there as a kid.

What your wife won that bike in a 50/50 raffle thats awesome. Nice bike btw!! Sounds to me like some good times, I know the dam pretty well my dad use to take me fishing there as a kid.

Nope, I wish! She just won a couple hundred bucks cash, we spent it all at their flea market .... that's my Honda Shadow 1100 in the pic. My cuz could barely keep up with me until he put some kind of carb kit in his Road King .... Here's the wife thinking about stealing it. Haven't pulled up these pics for quite a while.... sure wish we could time travel back to the days eh? Never thought I'd live to see 70, I used to drink way too much.

going back on topic, last night I fed Curly with a 100ppm nute mix and put the burple lamp back over it. Good to be getting some practice mixing nutes and adjusting ph, just doing about a pint at a time, 4 drops Grow Big and 2 drops Tiger Bloom per ratios on the FF data sheet got me to the 100ppm. Today I can see a tiny fan leaf starting so apparently the re-plant didn't lock it up, the vermiculite mix is keeping the perlite damp.... will take the solo cup out of the wastebasket if I see continued progress. I guess I better duct tape those baskets be fore I start growing in them...
IMG_20190124_141425566.jpg

a new day and both seeds in the paper towel are showing root. Also Curly seems to be growing a tiny bit, but some yellowing on leaf tips, flushed cup with distilled water. Last night nute was 100ppm, will cut in half tonight.

One of the 2 new seeds is a regular seed so that seedling will be discarded once I need space if one of the other seeds is a fem.

The 2nd Sour Daddy is moved into the Solo equipped with a compact drainage cup from from a 1L soda bottle. I don't have a drill here so the Solo hole is square thanks to mr. swiss army knife.
IMG_20190125_100703728.jpg

I pulled apart a peat pot and pushed a bit of peat into the perlite to bed seed #2.
IMG_20190125_155319911_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Not sure if Curly got some light burn or nute burn ... I had moved the burple light to within a few inches so moved that up a bit now and will cut the nute ppm in half tonight too and see what tomorrow brings. Today is 2 weeks from seed opening.
IMG_20190125_154800268.jpg

She is fighting hard and will make it.
Glad to see you met my good friend Orlando :)

So nice to see you here AG! I hope you are staying warm, we have almost -20 here this morning but at least calm wind and some sunshine in the forecast.

I decided to stick to the 100ppm feed last night because I suspected lumen overload rather than nute strength. That small burple lamp is advertised as 5600lux at .5M and I was very much closer than that... but that is about the distance now.

This morning it looks no worse off than yesterday and maybe a tiny bit bigger, but I think the leaf should be a bit darker green color and suspect I actually do need to increase ppm tonight. If I move beyond the seedling recommendation below I see the mix ratio is 3:2 and ppm is going over 900, so my 100 ppm could well be too diluted, tonight I will mix in more of the Grow Big and go to around 25% of recommendation, or 200-250 ppm.

1548501987552.png

So nice to see you here AG! I hope you are staying warm, we have almost -20 here this morning but at least calm wind and some sunshine in the forecast.

I decided to stick to the 100ppm feed last night because I suspected lumen overload rather than nute strength. That small burple lamp is advertised as 5600lux at .5M and I was very much closer than that... but that is about the distance now.

This morning it looks no worse off than yesterday and maybe a tiny bit bigger, but I think the leaf should be a bit darker green color and suspect I actually do need to increase ppm tonight. If I move beyond the seedling recommendation below I see the mix ratio is 3:2 and ppm is going over 900, so my 100 ppm could well be too diluted, tonight I will mix in more of the Grow Big and go to around 25% of recommendation, or 200-250 ppm.

1548501987552.png
I figured it was about time to pop in :)
Orlando Scout is a really good guy
You should always keep in mind that the company always tell you more than the plant's actual needs.

Good morning Vtwin and AB, hope everyone is staying warm!!! Its a cold one here today, but atleast the sun is out and its not snowing!!!! Ladies are looking better bro keep up the hard work!!!

Good morning Vtwin and AB, hope everyone is staying warm!!! Its a cold one here today, but atleast the sun is out and its not snowing!!!! Ladies are looking better bro keep up the hard work!!!
Hi Orlando :hug:
We just came back from the skating rink.
-15 Celsius and snowing here. :)
Yesterday I "paid 200€ (≈200$) for winter tyres" and got a car for free :)
My neighbour had a ride into a ditch and cracked the radiator, so she decided to buy a new car.
I asked her what she would do with the old one.. She said, I'll sell the new tyres and dump the car... So, I bought the tyres :)
Spare parts are roughly 200 as well and car is in pretty good shape. Citroen c3 2006 and diesel. I am going to fix it up myself.. I AM HAPPY camper :)

Hi Orlando :hug:
We just came back from the skating rink.
-15 Celsius and snowing here. :)
Yesterday I "paid 200€ (≈200$) for winter tyres" and got a car for free :)
My neighbour had a ride into a ditch and cracked the radiator, so she decided to buy a new car.
I asked her what she would do with the old one.. She said, I'll sell the new tyres and dump the car... So, I bought the tyres :)
Spare parts are roughly 200 as well and car is in pretty good shape. Citroen c3 2006 and diesel. I am going to fix it up myself.. I AM HAPPY camper :)
Awesome Ab I bet that lifted a ton of weight off those strong shoulders you have!!! Thats a really nice car plus diesel get great mpg or kpg. That good karma is starting to come back your way.
Congrats!!!
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom