906 Cabin Fever Sour Daddy Auto Experiment

re-potted to a 32oz container yesterday, looking real nice this morning. Still on 500ppm nute mix but will give that a little boost starting tomorrow, the start of week 4. That dinky little blurple light is quite the nice surprise to me.

IMG_20190203_084307514.jpg

day 24.... up to 600ppm yesterday. Sure hope this is a ladybud, looks like awesome cola potential.... and if seed #2 goes male I think I'd let them hook up. Starting to think about firing up the big light. The lux app on my phone will let me adjust the height to give just a bit more lux and gradually increase .... will probably wait until flowertime.

It does show some leaf curl, maybe I have a bit much vermiculite so maybe I'll skip a day or two of watering and see how it goes... don't see how it could have any root issues and neither heat nor humidity are extreme.

IMG_20190205_093740278.jpg

Taco shell leaf symptom was a bit more pronounced this morning. Ruling out over/under watering and heat/humidity issues seems to leave only a root problem. As this was transplanted a few days ago my mind was swirling as I picked up the nute bottles and started looking at (and reading) the info ..... omg you have to shake the bottle! And when you do that, the the FF Grow Big micro nutrient turns brown, while the Big Bloom doesn't change color at all. This plant is sucking up ALL the water in the bottom of that 1L (32oz) container in less than 2 days and the leaf color is good so Big Bloom was probably ok without the shaking but the guano and worm casing goodies for root development in Big Bloom were not being delivered so for now I'll assume that is what the plant was telling me.
IMG_20190206_062644832.jpg

...... so Big Bloom was probably ok without the shaking but the guano and worm casing goodies for root development in Big Bloom were not being delivered so for now I'll assume that is what the plant was telling me.

oops, should have read: "but the guano and worm casing goodies for root development in GROW BIG were not being delivered"

It's a girl! :cheer: I fired up the King 1000 and set the height to provide 52,000 lux based on my notes.
15,000 – 50,000 lux – good amount of light for healthy vegetative growth
45,000 – 70,000 lux – optimal amount of light for cannabis plants in the flowering (budding) stage

I'll lower a bit each day until I get near 70,000. Meanwhile the 2 other seeds are doing well, may move back under the smaller blurple bulb for a while if they start showing any sign of light stress. Just mixed 300ppm Cal-Mag into the nutes for feeding tonight .... 150ppm for the babies.
IMG_20190207_124418937.jpg
IMG_20190207_074225524.jpg

Curling/tacoing is almost gone on the top/new foliage, I guess it doesn't take long for the cal-mag to start doing its cal-magic. I made up a gal of 300 ppm , will add nutrients when mixing up a smaller amount of feed. I see FF alters the mix for week 5 again week 6 ... ok whatever, will never exceed 1/2 strength unless the plant starts showing a need.

I was searching for an easy pH meter reference solution, I don't think super hi precision is necessary but nice to know if my cheap-ass pen is working ok. I found that white vinegar has a pH of 2.4, was pleased to see my pen in agreement. I also read somewhere that pH 3 is a good storage solution for the pens, I watered down some vinegar to 3 to leave in a cup for the pen to sit in.

Other pH reference points :
Where 1Gal of Tap Water is known to be 7.5 – 7.7 pH,
with Vinegar (5% acetic acid) added:
1 tbsp vinegar: -> 5.8 – 6.0 pH. ...
4 tbsp vinegar: 4.5 – 4.7 pH.
5 tbsp vinegar: 4.4 – 4.6 pH.

My lux app only reads up to 65536, not really a problem. I put a book under the plant to raise it a little closer to the light today... no sign of odor yet so I am pleased with that.
IMG_20190208_073240474.jpg

Curly got up-potted to a 5L container a couple days ago... rather than LST at this point I just had her lean over a bit and a nice side branch has quickly emerged, it is tempting to try a clone from it but no space until after I move home. The light is now 13" over the top leaves so according to the book that came with the light, the center light par should be well over 600. (585 at 18") . The others are doing great off to the side for now.

I ordered a 48x48x80 Apollo tent this morning. Until I can move it to the garage in June it will be in my bedroom at home omg. I envision the tent eventually hosting one bodacious Colombian Gold plant... I will have to get a 2nd light when that time comes, but since they will only be on 12/12 my elect. usage should remain about constant.

She chugging along well. Looks good brother

Curly seems a bit small for 5 weeks but she had a rough start and since this is my first auto I don't really know what to expect. The 2nd Sour seed has had a much better start and is now starting week#4, and it also seems a bit small so maybe all is on schedule. These were free seeds, perhaps the size had something to do with that. I was thinking about making seeds if #2 goes male but if they're going to produce runts I should probably just go for the best buds possible.

Here is #2 in a 32oz container, ready for a nute boost , could show pre flowers in another week like Curly did...

hey @AngryBird Curly is growing a nice set of wings! :snowboating:

An Apollo grow tent is arriving today, I ordered the 48x48x80. I've turned up the heat at my house and expect to move Curly out there next week and drive out there every 3rd day to feed.... hoping to get a moving day well above zero degrees. I'm lucky it is only about 20ft to my truck, and she can be in a well insulated bag, maybe sitting on a hot towel inside.

Curly getting her vitamins...

She is good looking
She will survive the move and a little cold.
You could just "make a bundle" out of a thick blanket.. (how do the cartoon storks bring the babies? )

Usually if it is under LED grow lights, no matter it is blurple lights or white spectrum, you need more cal and mag , otherwise it might have growing issues, but the plants looks like not cal and mag deficiency.
@SmokeSara @AngryBird @Orlando Scout @Emilya .... I've seen mention that cal-mag should be used with all hempies .... true? If so do you just add to the nute mix or ..... I just got a bottle, it says 1tsp/gal, that be about right?

Usually if it is under LED grow lights, no matter it is blurple lights or white spectrum, you need more cal and mag , otherwise it might have growing issues, but the plants looks like not cal and mag deficiency.
no more cupping since I woke up and started shaking the nutes before mixing, omg. ..:lot-o-toke:

ok ... ;)... regarding the FoxFarm 12 week feeding schedule, the Sour Daddy strain is advertised as a 60 day strain, so I am thinking I should be using 5 day weeks such that 12 weeks=60 days... whatcha think?

I ordered the microbe brew and cha-ching supplements, arriving today. With buds well underway i' m thinking its time to lower the nitrogen mix and go to the week 6 blend with Tiger Bloom instead of Grow Big, for Curly , using a 5 day week.

Back
Top Bottom