906 Cabin Fever Sour Daddy Auto Experiment

I figured it was about time to pop in :)
Orlando Scout is a really good guy
You should always keep in mind that the company always tell you more than the plant's actual needs.

Yes, I also keep in mind that 'less is more', so that's why I started with 100ppm. And about ph, I've read that some variation within range may be better than the 'exact' same value all the time as some nutrients are better absorbed at different ph than others. So far I've kept well below 6, but the small quantity I mix for just one solo cup is a bit difficult to be exact each time so as I go forward I'm not going to worry about feeding above 6 now and then.

Good morning VT. Hunker down and stay warm bro. Them temps are no fun

no fun for sure and the forecast is hugging zero for a whole week! I'm hoping to get one last winter out of my truck battery it was a little slow starting the other day, I'm carrying my boat battery in the back and a set of jumper cables just in case... :ganjamon:

hmm, the 2nd leaves have grown but
1. I still don't see the dark green color I'd like, I guess not a big deal yet if growth continues
2. Some burn is evident on the 2nd leaves but it may have been from before I moved the light up, I moved up up a few more inches now for tonight, want to see the next set of leaves before moving the light closer.

I'm going to bump the feed up a little to 300ppm tonight and be prepared to flush in the morning if I see any further burning....

The F2 regular seed already jumped up and the helmet is off .... The other auto flower is still under the peat cover...

Got some frigid sunshine today but the temp never got quite up to zero (F). I'm hoping I won't have to use my carry-along boat battery to start my truck tomorrow, hopefully the old battery has a few more months left in it. Blowing snow/whiteout closed the highway past my house for the whole day a few days ago so its time to go do some plowing.

IMG_20190127_164605246.jpg

no sign of further burn overnight so I guess the 300+ppm is ok.... will add another 50ppm tonight.

The 2nd sour daddy has also poked up and shed the helmet, so now i am 3 for 3 on germination and RH has improved, it is staying above 30. If I push it up to 35 I get too much condensation on the windows as it hasn't been above zero degrees outside for a couple days now.

IMG_20190127_220607278.jpg

I fight cold as well. Found a frost guard that I stuck in the grow cabinet.

no problem with indoor heat, just the low humidity. I get itchy rashes when it gets much below RH25. I'm keeping a low simmer pot going all day in the kitchen and a vaporizer type of humidifier upstairs, my rashes are almost gone in 4 days of 30+% RH.

And more good news the truck battery did real good this morning at -10 degrees, i kept it running/charging for 2hrs as I went out to our house to keep the driveway open ... mostly in case we get a chance to move out of our townhouse before the snow is melted. Once the melting is well underway we will partially move back... at least such than the real grow can get started.

Looks like the whiteout and -30°f windchill missed you. Wish I could say the same had to pull the old trail rig out just to get to the store lol. The old wrangler hasnt failed me yet glided through 3ft snow drifts in the roads. Can barely even see the brush guard its coming down so hard!!
Stay warm brother!!

Wow, looks like all the climate change stuff is pushing the heavier weather south, I have been seeing that for a number of years now. fwiw if you like to read climate change stuff, check out this site...had lots of data from the national snow and ice data center ( nsidc ): coldclimatechange.com

We had whiteout a week ago but not recently.

I've always wanted a Wrangler but until recently have had some too heavy towing to handle. The 1/2 ton Silverado was a nice towing machine before it became a plowing machine.

I was out showeling snow again.. Didn't take a pic though...
We had snow all day. I scooped about 15 cm snow of the car again.
I have a bowl of water in the grow cabinet since my humidity meter will arrive next month and a primitive outside thermometer in there as well.
I grow like the 70s lol

I was out showeling snow again.. Didn't take a pic though...
We had snow all day. I scooped about 15 cm snow of the car again.
I have a bowl of water in the grow cabinet since my humidity meter will arrive next month and a primitive outside thermometer in there as well.
I grow like the 70s lol

I am so lucky I only have to shovel the porch steps now. I just noticed I didn't include the link above to the website I've been reading so I just added it. For years I've been paranoid about sun spots and CME's taking down the power grids but I noticed a mention somewhere that there were hardly any such events in 2018 and found that site which says that the dropoff in CME activity is due to the sun is actually cooling rather rapidly and that the upper atmosphere is cooling fast enough that there is now concern about the opposite of 'global warming'. Good grief.... I can only believe what I see.

The climate change is world wide.
I remember last year, Greece had lower temperatures than Sweden for many months.
Now it was snowing in low areas in Crete... An island closest to Africa!!!
Many years ago, I read a book about how climate changes drastically every 10thousand years.. So maybe that is what is going on?

The climate change is world wide.
I remember last year, Greece had lower temperatures than Sweden for many months.
Now it was snowing in low areas in Crete... An island closest to Africa!!!
Many years ago, I read a book about how climate changes drastically every 10thousand years.. So maybe that is what is going on?

Yes the history of climate changes is available for anyone to read but it seems few people really care about more than what is going on during their very short existence. It seemed for a while that the earth was heating up so powerful people like Al Gore decided to take advantage and try to establish taxes to control the climate, what a hoax that is turning out to be. As more and more places set record low temps I suppose people will start to wake up. In 2015 the Hudson River froze over for the first time in about 40 yrs, what does it take for people to start thinking/researching on their own? Those huge crowds of folks in the EU who are protesting global warming may end up with frostbite.

This is all about money and exploiting the Earth.
"who cares? By then we are all dead"
That is their thinking. And most, if not all, have children.... Makes you wonder if they actually care for their own?!?
Aren't their grand children going to be alive?

This is all about money and exploiting the Earth.
"who cares? By then we are all dead"
That is their thinking. And most, if not all, have children.... Makes you wonder if they actually care for their own?!?
Aren't their grand children going to be alive?

Fear, power and greed are what has driven civilization through recorded history, nothing changes much except for methods and tools. The master climate plan is to induce public fear to the point where wealth can be generated thru taxes, fines, regulation, etc.. and then that wealth builds power. Not only does climate change come and go, but civilizations do as well.

I noticed a couple headlines this afternoon about 75% of the USA will be below freezing in the coming days and there will be widespread record low temps across the US. The New York Times had an article whining about how hard is is to explain how record cold is 'tied to' global warming.... they just never give up. What is needed are solutions on how to cope with and adapt to climate changes that will certainly come but the regulatory mindset to control global warming has largely hijacked those options.

I fed with 400ppm last night and today all looks well with no additional burn and the bit of new node growth is looking good. I'm hoping to see some accelerated growth soon, the cup is only 3/4 filled with perlite and the root shouldn't have far to go to hit water. I'm going to hit 500ppm of 3:2 mix tonight, still not quite 50% of recommended strength for FF hydro nutes. Will start with 3:3 mix in a couple more days.

IMG_20190129_163846284.jpg

today when I picked up the solo cup I could tell it was lighter than usual, no water came out of the hole when I tipped the cup to the side so apparently roots have reached the waterline and are suckin up the juice. I went to 500ppm for the last 2 feeds and lowered the light, no sign of any issues although the top leaves appear to have a slight curl, maybe the light is a bit too close but with a $25 lamp bulb? I moved it up a couple inches anyway. I'll be transplanting soon, I have a 24oz yogurt container ready to fill. This is week #3 so another week or 2 should tell if he or she won't/will go forward.

IMG_20190201_094238261.jpg

IMG_20190201_094321012_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom