A Modest Attempt At DWC From Scratch

Long time no see, my friends! Today is April 1 and I have started officially tinkering with the set up. Space is tight so I will be reworking the hanging set up for the light and moving the fan outside of the tent as well with ducting coming into the tent. I see no issue with this but I don't recall ever seeing the fan and filter outside of a tent to be honest.

I was amazed when I cranked the dial on the @Budget LED light, it was blinding. Can't wait to see it in action. Anyway, loving the set up so far. Space is tight as I opted for a closet in the garage for this first run.
20210401_231245.jpg
20210401_223926.jpg
Looking great. I believe you may want to switch the filter around. I think they work better with air being sucked through rather than pushed. Not 100% sure tho.

Long time no see, my friends! Today is April 1 and I have started officially tinkering with the set up. Space is tight so I will be reworking the hanging set up for the light and moving the fan outside of the tent as well with ducting coming into the tent. I see no issue with this but I don't recall ever seeing the fan and filter outside of a tent to be honest.

I was amazed when I cranked the dial on the @Budget LED light, it was blinding. Can't wait to see it in action. Anyway, loving the set up so far. Space is tight as I opted for a closet in the garage for this first run.
20210401_231245.jpg
20210401_223926.jpg
I'm excited for you modest

Looking great. I believe you may want to switch the filter around. I think they work better with air being sucked through rather than pushed. Not 100% sure tho.
Thanks! Normally, I would prefer pulling through the filter but I have pushed through them in the past. I started doing it this way on 2x4 set ups to free up vertical space. I have heard theories from some that it may shorten the life, not sure to be honest? But has been effective for removing smell so far in the past. I guess the ore filter isn't really necessary here though haha. I'll have to set one up before the fan.

Hey brother looking great over here. I too run a budget series 3 rspec with my HLG. The light is great and real bright indeed and still years later problem free
I wear very good grow glasses in my room and recommend getting some of working under these bright ass lights.

The filter outside the room is a great idea to save space and most try to keep it in there to keep it hidden. I myself would absolutely run it outside if space was a issue.
Play safe and enjoy everyone
Thanks @KCCO 77 I definitely need to pick up some of those glasses. I hope you are enjoying your Friday!

20210401_231245.jpg
20210401_223926.jpg
I love how clean those ac infinity tents look. don't know what it is about them :drool:
Lookin good man. We’re growing in a tent, in a closet, in a garage too :high-five:

I love how clean those ac infinity tents look. don't know what it is about them :drool:
Lookin good man. We’re growing in a tent, in a closet, in a garage too :high-five:
Thanks @Michael Hunt I'm a sucker for the option to hang the exhaust fan display if I am being honest. The zipper quality is also a huge plus. I'll have to look to the sponsors when buying the flowering tent but this was a good deal when I bundled the fan, filter, and tent with free shipping

I'm calling this a test bucket.....I can probably get it all to work but I have learned I am often less wise than even I realize. Back to the hardware store as I am a dummy and went off ID. I was able to sand this one to pretty close but I know when to admit defeat and start again.
20210402_181612.jpg

I'm calling this a test bucket.....I can probably get it all to work but I have learned I am often less wise than even I realize. Back to the hardware store as I am a dummy and went off ID. I was able to sand this one to pretty close but I know when to admit defeat and start again.
20210402_181612.jpg
Hey brother I hope all is good. Is that inch and a half? You need a 64 mm hole saw for inch and a half
C4B0EEAE-4B7F-4ED1-9E2D-59B6D72EFB45.jpeg

Uniseals can be a problem if the hole is not uniform and smooth.

Try to use a real fine sand paper as well and all should be good.
Glad to hear you bailed on that bucket because if not today it may have given you some problems or even costing you your plant. You probably dodged a bullet for a few bucks.

Sounds to me like a real wise choice ;)

When you get around to it don’t forget to lube your pipe lol with some dish soap before pushing through the uniseal
Play safe and enjoy

When you get around to it don’t forget to lube your pipe lol with some dish soap before pushing through the uniseal
Play safe and enjoy
I didn't realize we were having Sunday night bedroom talk early this week...

:rofl:

Well, this will open up some vertical room. Still need to modify the light hanging but I like the direction we are heading. Eventually I will probably hang the filter
20210402_211514.jpg

Hey brother I hope all is good. Is that inch and a half? You need a 64 mm hole saw for inch and a half
C4B0EEAE-4B7F-4ED1-9E2D-59B6D72EFB45.jpeg

Uniseals can be a problem if the hole is not uniform and smooth.

Try to use a real fine sand paper as well and all should be good.
Glad to hear you bailed on that bucket because if not today it may have given you some problems or even costing you your plant. You probably dodged a bullet for a few bucks.

Sounds to me like a real wise choice ;)

Play safe and enjoy
Great tips. I am using 2" on the return line and 3/4" on the feedline (term?). Tomorrow, I will bring both of the uniseals with me to the store for sizing. On a positive note, I got some practice and the reverse technique you mentioned for the whole cut is spot on! Thanks for the help. Have a fantastic weekend!

Thank you @KCCO 77 you are a life saver. I don't know why but I have always been terrible with piping size and tripping over the correct OD. I had the same problem with turbo charge pipes on my car, must be a mental block. Even though I like doing things right the first time I don't mind learning lessons through my errors either. Anyway, thank you again, you (and everyone else helping me) is greatly increasing my odds here!

20210403_092941.jpg
Another blessing in disguise. I picked up a couple extra buckets maybe for another dwc project or who knows....anyway, the lids fit on two of the buckets perfectly :adore:
Dam, maybe I need to get some home depot buckets lol stupid lids

Dam, maybe I need to get some home depot buckets lol stupid lids
The brand of top I got with the basket is Alfred Horticulture. The two lids fit 3 out of 4 of these HD buckets

But why is it so hard for everyone to just make things the same size? Lmao
Not sure of the brand of mine, but buckets and lids came from the same hydro store, they should have fit haha

But why is it so hard for everyone to just make things the same size? Lmao
Not sure of the brand of mine, but buckets and lids came from the same hydro store, they should have fit haha
Yeah, I was tempted to do what you did and order from the same but the cost here was insane for a bucket. I planned to bring the lid to the store with me to fit but I was living downtown and didn't want to carry them. So if I did it again I would buy the lids and bring to store for buckets or cut the hole for a basket in an existing lid

Back
Top Bottom