Acapulco & Blue Cheese Auto

I was posting the issues as they happened but I think it was too far gone at that point. Each time I watered they worsened.
Anyway, live and learn and GROW. I want to master the art!

Looking at your picture from Wednesday them seem to appear healthy and not drooping. Are they standing back up when the light comes back on? Do you have any more photos?

I couldn’t agree more, I’m hooked. I actually grow 10 seeds and only keep 8 for the tent due to space. I plan to mainline the 2 which will eventually be binned, just want to practice on 2 that I’m not planning to keep. Plus it gives me a good timeline on how long it’ll add to my veg times if I plan to mainline in the future.

Currently my watering looks like this from day 1 to 15, keep in mind this is approximate but I do listen to the plant rather than have set scheduled watering days.

Day 1 break soil - spray 5-10 times around stem
Day 2 - spray 5-10 times around stem with about 2" diameter
Day 3 - spray 5-10 times around stem with about 2" diameter
Day 4 - spray 10-15 times around stem with 2" diameter or bigger depending on growth
day 5 to day 10 - spray 20-25 times around a 4" diameter or more
day 10-15 - spray 50-60 times around the diameter of the most outta edge of where the leaves are

All waterings above are done after pots are dry

As you can see, at no point have I saturated the soil entirely till runoff - is this where Im faulting? I only do runoff until I feel the plants are big enough to take all the water, but Im thinking now because of the roots being underdeveloped from day 1 to day 15 that when I do a full watering with runoff it is not been absorbed by the plant.
My first watering with runoff was day 18 while everything else was just spray
Have you read Emilya’s how to water a plant? You have to make the water chase the roots to the edge of the pot. Read her guide a couple times. It should answer all those questions plus more.

Looking at your picture from Wednesday them seem to appear healthy and not drooping. Are they standing back up when the light comes back on? Do you have any more photos?

I couldn’t agree more, I’m hooked. I actually grow 10 seeds and only keep 8 for the tent due to space. I plan to mainline the 2 which will eventually be binned, just want to practice on 2 that I’m not planning to keep. Plus it gives me a good timeline on how long it’ll add to my veg times if I plan to mainline in the future.
They do seem quite healthy and yes they are perking up nicely but growth still minimal I'll take a couple updated pictures tonight after work.

I have some fem seeds I will be growing in the future too, I just want to get one set of smokable autoflowers first. Lol

Have you read Emilya’s how to water a plant? You have to make the water chase the roots to the edge of the pot. Read her guide a couple times. It should answer all those questions plus more.
Yes I have and that's what has got me thinking I'm watering maybe too often but with not enough water. I understand the watering method but do I start this(fully saturate soil) early on when the roots have established themselves?

Yes I have and that's what has got me thinking I'm watering maybe too often but with not enough water. I understand the watering method but do I start this(fully saturate soil) early on when the roots have established themselves?
let me answer this here instead of in PM... As soon as my roots get established in a solo cup, it is time to saturate the soil. This allows the roots to spread out within the entire cup. The first time you do this, the roots are not nearly developed enough to drain all of that water (almost a pound of it) in a reasonable amount of time, and here is where knowledge of the root system helps us decide what to do. A weed by definition not only has a deep seeking feeder root, but it will also have a top set of spreader roots designed to spread out just under the surface of the soil and gather up any quick rainwater before larger and only deep seeking plants can get it. After 3 or 4 days, those top spreader roots can go dormant while waiting for that water.... use them instead. Water just the surface, attempting to make the outer edges the wettest area, after 3 or 4 days while you wait for the roots at the bottom to "tap" that water down below. From then on, the plant should be able to drain all of that 400 grams of water that a solo cup of soil can hold, in 3 or 4 days, and you are well on your way to establishing a proper wet/dry cycle.

let me answer this here instead of in PM... As soon as my roots get established in a solo cup, it is time to saturate the soil. This allows the roots to spread out within the entire cup. The first time you do this, the roots are not nearly developed enough to drain all of that water (almost a pound of it) in a reasonable amount of time, and here is where knowledge of the root system helps us decide what to do. A weed by definition not only has a deep seeking feeder root, but it will also have a top set of spreader roots designed to spread out just under the surface of the soil and gather up any quick rainwater before larger and only deep seeking plants can get it. After 3 or 4 days, those top spreader roots can go dormant while waiting for that water.... use them instead. Water just the surface, attempting to make the outer edges the wettest area, after 3 or 4 days while you wait for the roots at the bottom to "tap" that water down below. From then on, the plant should be able to drain all of that 400 grams of water that a solo cup of soil can hold, in 3 or 4 days, and you are well on your way to establishing a proper wet/dry cycle.

THIS ^^^^ is exactly what I was looking for....i believe this could be a revelation for me. I've never thought to fully saturate the substrate because I figured a plant so small couldnt do with all that water.
Cant wait to put this into play on my next germinated seed!

With this new knowledge, Mega Crop on its way, support from everyone at 420mag, daily guidance from @GHempster .....im ready

:thumb::thanks::snowboating::lot-o-toke:

Got my seeds from mjseedscanada. This is my 2nd attemp with bluecheese and acapulco.

Wondering now if I should switch back to 20/4 again? I made the switch to 18/6 couple days back. I got my seeds from mjseedscanada and it's my second attempt at acapulco and bluecheese. I'm starting to really think it's my watering methods during seedling stage hindering root development therefore not absorbing first full watering.

I'll look into those root nutes! Again I think my seedling watering method is where I'm going wrong. If I can get a couple oz per grow I'm pretty happy at this point. My last grow 3 plants all suffered leaves yellow drying and disintegrating to the touch! 4 months wasted. Had my confidence shot and ran over.
But you learned a ton I'm sure. Is your grow medium staying wet too long? I only have one dirt plant right now, I think I shared this already, but I'm bored waiting for coffee, so here it comes again. I water this plant maybe every 4 to 5 days. I do this now that this plant is back on track. While it was sick the regimen was much different. The "pot" is 25 gallon if I remember correctly

Theres usually nutrients in the water, but not always. But when I water, I water the shit out of it. I have a 5 gallon plastic gas can that people usually use for motorcycles. I will give the plant all 5 gallons. There arent any salt issues, no dry spots in the pot. BUT, I let the plant dry up a little between waterings. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest usually. It's an open soil that does not puddle water very well. I use cloth pots for their root pruning ability, but also helps with water migration. Make sure you have a place for that water to go. I use trays, but I also use elevators to keep the bags out of standing water. My water method isnt very common. You can get by with a gallon or 2 I'm sure. But it works for me.

But you learned a ton I'm sure. Is your grow medium staying wet too long? I only have one dirt plant right now, I think I shared this already, but I'm bored waiting for coffee, so here it comes again. I water this plant maybe every 4 to 5 days. I do this now that this plant is back on track. While it was sick the regimen was much different. The "pot" is 25 gallon if I remember correctly

Theres usually nutrients in the water, but not always. But when I water, I water the shit out of it. I have a 5 gallon plastic gas can that people usually use for motorcycles. I will give the plant all 5 gallons. There arent any salt issues, no dry spots in the pot. BUT, I let the plant dry up a little between waterings. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest usually. It's an open soil that does not puddle water very well. I use cloth pots for their root pruning ability, but also helps with water migration. Make sure you have a place for that water to go. I use trays, but I also use elevators to keep the bags out of standing water. My water method isnt very common. You can get by with a gallon or 2 I'm sure. But it works for me.

Definitely learning each time I'm on this forum and little bits as I see my plants progress or not progress. Yeah that's my main problem is pots taking forever to dry, example 5+ days for 1 litre of water to dry....I couldnt imagine giving 5 gallons with my set of skills, it would litterally take the entire grow for this amount to dry based on my experience growing so far. I'm really thinking my plants have suffered from insufficient root development thus taking forever to absorb water, but the future is looking bright

Currently my watering looks like this from day 1 to 15, keep in mind this is approximate but I do listen to the plant rather than have set scheduled watering days.

Day 1 break soil - spray 5-10 times around stem
Day 2 - spray 5-10 times around stem with about 2" diameter
Day 3 - spray 5-10 times around stem with about 2" diameter
Day 4 - spray 10-15 times around stem with 2" diameter or bigger depending on growth
day 5 to day 10 - spray 20-25 times around a 4" diameter or more
day 10-15 - spray 50-60 times around the diameter of the most outta edge of where the leaves are

All waterings above are done after pots are dry

As you can see, at no point have I saturated the soil entirely till runoff - is this where Im faulting? I only do runoff until I feel the plants are big enough to take all the water, but Im thinking now because of the roots being underdeveloped from day 1 to day 15 that when I do a full watering with runoff it is not been absorbed by the plant.
My first watering with runoff was day 18 while everything else was just spray
If you arent drenching the soil and letting it run off two this will happen your roots will dry, and salts will compromise your soil. You need to make sure your taproot is taken care of. The smaller roots can die back and they will just split and regenerate. You lose the end of the taproot and it will show for sure. I hate to bring this up AGAIN, but it applies. I broke an eighth of an inch off the end of the smaller plant as a sprouted seed while putting it in a Rapid Rooter.
The smaller plant has since been culled.

Definitely learning each time I'm on this forum and little bits as I see my plants progress or not progress. Yeah that's my main problem is pots taking forever to dry, example 5+ days for 1 litre of water to dry....I couldnt imagine giving 5 gallons with my set of skills, it would litterally take the entire grow for this amount to dry based on my experience growing so far. I'm really thinking my plants have suffered from insufficient root development thus taking forever to absorb water, but the future is looking bright
Let's say you're in a 15 gallon pot. 1 gallon should be ready for water in a couple days max
Soil isnt hard to do., unless youredoing a super soil or something like it. If you decide to make your own, make sure there are no nutrients in the base soil. Miracle grow with preinstalled nutrients isnt a good idea. You provide the nutes. But a nice potting soil from home depot will do the job if you have no hydro store handy. I would augment the soil with any dry nutes, bone meal, blood meal, etc. the right amount of blood meal may work great in veg, but could compromise your flower.

Are you afraid to water too much because it will overflow and make a mess? The plant I keep showing you has a drain in the floor. But, when I do soil in the the main room I use trays and use a wet dry vac to suck up the water.

Im currently using promix hp with added perlite and I will stick to this substrate for a couple more grows as I know I'm not quite ready to start mixing my own soil yet. I was afraid to water too much as I didnt think the plants were big enough to receive all that water and due to a lack of knowledge. I will be doing full waterings from now on and salvage what I can of these 2.

If you like to read... buy this book. The biggest benefit to this one is it shows you how to troubleshoot nutrient deficiencies/excesses from a mobil and immobile nutrient standpoint. Issues like these have a fingerprint... where on the plant is the issue occurring top of the plant, bottom, is it a leaf thing, or maybe the plant is spindle and weak, etc.

It's not the watering, it's the lack of oxygen that's important. My hydro plants roots are completely submerged. But, the roots are surrounded by air so it doesnt drowned. Dont be afraid to water.

Im currently using promix hp with added perlite and I will stick to this substrate for a couple more grows as I know I'm not quite ready to start mixing my own soil yet. I was afraid to water too much as I didnt think the plants were big enough to receive all that water and due to a lack of knowledge. I will be doing full waterings from now on and salvage what I can of these 2.
If your mix is still too tight, add more perlite

I got a feeling with all this advise you’ve received just today alone will be the start of them 2 plants improving massively. Can’t wait to see them in a week or so, good luck!
What caliber is your Kimber?

What caliber is your Kimber?

Unfortunately my side of the pond doesn’t allow that :( I used to play a game called counter strike when I was young, for some reason I used the nickname Kimber, no idea why:confused:

It would be a lot cooler if it was from the gun though.

Unfortunately my side of the pond doesn’t allow that :( I used to play a game called counter strike when I was young, for some reason I used the nickname Kimber, no idea why:confused:

It would be a lot cooler if it was from the gun though.
Ah. To be honest maybe you guys are better off. There are too many wackos over here that want to make the news. Guns are fun, but some here take it as a religion.

It’s a shame we couldn’t find some kind of inbetween though. I went to NY and drove to NJ and was allowed to figure any gun I liked, it’s great fun and it’s pretty safe in that environment. Is near on impossible to do that here.

We got plenty of wackos here too, but it is kind of nice not to worry one of them is carrying. But if they want to be on the news, they’ll find a way.

We are still so behind on cannabis though, its real disappointing.

May I ask where your at? I'm in Southern California.

Wackos abound.

What are you growing now?

South of England.

Well I’m growing gorilla Zkittlez for a second time. Can’t decide if I should have done it twice in a row, but it’s an enjoyable smoke which was finished drying today.

Part of me wishes I tried something new. But I wanted to see if experience and researched has truly helped my yield, so my thought was to stick with the same strain. Not sure if it was the correct choice, but too late to turn back now!

I saw you’ve got plenty of journals, I will dig through yours, just too tired tonight, have been clearing the tent getting ready to repot my current one and was working all day. Long day!

Back
Top Bottom