Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I think I’m done for this night.

D4698221-0865-4488-B5BA-B93F57E50659.jpeg
6C1EFD0C-D846-4726-A79C-AEEE3B5B8B34.jpeg

Yep. Definitely done. Ugh

B07DBC5E-53F1-497F-B62C-EECCAB2C8000.jpeg

Hey Al - well jumped into!

Don’t sweat it, it’ll be fine. I would advise not touching that one again for a while now to let it settle and heal.

Best advice I can give is to try to avoid bending where the stems have already hardened (this is one reason to start a bit earlier - that and the redistribution of auxins that Shed described). May be too late for that pice of advice for the lovely Nikita, but I’m sure it wil be ok. Just best to LST when the stems are still malleable - before they get ‘woody’.

Next, I’d pick one and top it by removing a few nodes. You’ll be amazed at how they bounce back from that and start creating a nice bush before you know it.

It’s also advisable when training to just bend a little each day to get things to where you want - agin, Nikita seems to have gone all the way in one step, and should hopefully recover just fine. But I have seen multiple pieces of advice by growers more seasoned than myself, to ease into it a little more ;). These plants are resilient tho and yours are super super healthy so they’ll take what you throw at them like champs I’m sure.
:thumb:

Actually what I really dropped in here for, apart from a look at your beauties, was to drop this link.

I’m doing a fresh batch of LAB’s for my household use and for the veggie garden soil etc. and thought I would document it for you (and anyone else interested). I have documented each batch I’ve made so when I put it all together this time it eventually came out as a pretty decent tutorial on it. I included in it the text of what I believe is the original internet source for it (no longer in existence) which has really detailed information on how to use it, plus links to others’ guides as well.

DIY Lactobacillus Serum

:Namaste:

Yep. Topping looks like a good plan along with some LST/supercropping. Anxiety! :nervous-guy:

Hey Al - well jumped into!

Don’t sweat it, it’ll be fine. I would advise not touching that one again for a while now to let it settle and heal.

Best advice I can give is to try to avoid bending where the stems have already hardened (this is one reason to start a bit earlier - that and the redistribution of auxins that Shed described). May be too late for that pice of advice for the lovely Nikita, but I’m sure it wil be ok. Just best to LST when the stems are still malleable - before they get ‘woody’.

Next, I’d pick one and top it by removing a few nodes. You’ll be amazed at how they bounce back from that and start creating a nice bush before you know it.

It’s also advisable when training to just bend a little each day to get things to where you want - agin, Nikita seems to have gone all the way in one step, and should hopefully recover just fine. But I have seen multiple pieces of advice by growers more seasoned than myself, to ease into it a little more ;). These plants are resilient tho and yours are super super healthy so they’ll take what you throw at them like champs I’m sure.
:thumb:

Actually what I really dropped in here for, apart from a look at your beauties, was to drop this link.

I’m doing a fresh batch of LAB’s for my household use and for the veggie garden soil etc. and thought I would document it for you (and anyone else interested). I have documented each batch I’ve made so when I put it all together this time it eventually came out as a pretty decent tutorial on it. I included in it the text of what I believe is the original internet source for it (no longer in existence) which has really detailed information on how to use it, plus links to others’ guides as well.

DIY Lactobacillus Serum

:Namaste:

I'll take a look at the link when my nerves aren't frazzled. Thank you, Amy.

Praying a your babies feel fine in the morning. :green_heart:

Thank you, Newfun.

Ever poured Barks Root beer on them while cooking. Try it, awesome.

I hear Dr Pepper does really well, too - and bourbon.

Yep. Topping looks like a good plan along with some LST/supercropping. Anxiety! :nervous-guy:

I totally get that! It is really stressful - especially at the beginning of one’s ‘career’ :laughtwo: You’ve taken the first step very well - you started! :high-five:

And I dont mean to overwhelm you with stuff :D I dropped that LABs guide here so it would be easily accessible for you if you decide to look into it :nerd-with-glasses:

yoyo ratchet? whats the deal with that. If you need support around the roots use a rock or pvc pipe.

It's holding up what would be the top of the plant. Stay tuned for As the Stomach Churns!

It's holding up what would be the top of the plant. Stay tuned for As the Stomach Churns!
Girls will be fine these plants are tough as nails. I have literally split my stem in half and just used tape to hold it together and in a couple of days it was already holding on its own. Plants heal fast kinda like when we cut ourselves we tend to heal pretty quick same theory here bud everything will be alright. Dont go stressing yourself out over it, just relax and keep giving the girls your love and support.

Thanks, guys. At the very least you make me feel better. The anxiety has settled some.

Next up: How to top the others. I'll try tomorrow evening to give some good views to get input on where to top the remaining plants.

Doing good stuff Al'
:)

Wowzers that’s aggressive Al! You jumped in head first that’s for sure. Like Amy said, plants are very resilient, this morning you will look at her and she should already be reaching. Trick is with older plants like yours, is take it super slow like carcass said. You did nothing wrong, and it’s good to get this out of your way, because now you know how a plant reacts to bending like that. On your next grow, you just need to be more diligent on starting early.

Topping is really easy al! You will be amazed, it takes nerves of steel the first time, but after your first topping you will wonder what all the stress was for.

A couple cm above the internode you want to cut at, leaving the fan leaves and new branches coming in, in tact.

Here’s another,

I’ve only been nudging topping and lst to you for a couple weeks now, lol I would say, topping is less stressful then bending a plant down like you did. It may take a while for you bounce back from the lst you did, but you will walk away unharmed, I promise you that. :thumb:

Here’s a shot of an old plant I had, I started lst really early, and manipulated the hell out of these branches.

Here’s another shot, I twisted and turned other branches around other branches, their very flexible and will go any way you want it to if you start early.

Good morning. Much relief is felt.

275B6B89-057C-4F9E-9B8B-4B4903729A3B.jpeg
E981B8A3-B564-4F40-ACF0-FD58520F5FE8.jpeg
2B06F9DB-237E-47D1-9D01-49FE6F11A902.jpeg
CF22E81D-B989-44EA-A1E9-C17C823ED3DC.jpeg
1C66FCE9-19A4-4711-894D-D07CBE086552.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom