Alaskey Purplish RDWC

@Stltoed what's the soil setup looking like for those cbd plants you have coming?
Well I commonly refer to that area as "the closet" in it is a 3x3 space with a removable ceiling in case of a tall plant. I scrog, but its a little tight, so the net just seperates the branches a bit. I have a 25 gallon smart pot sitting on an elevator on a suitably sized tray
The tray has a hole and a plastic thingy in it so standing water can dribble through the floor, the thingy directs the water. The dirt is third generation (at least) Ocean Forest. Its got a ton of compost in it and to be honest needs to get some more perlite. Ive added dolomite sand(not powder) and Azomite powder. I planned on getting fulvic acid granuals, but havent yet, so that may be a mission for next season.. i also wanted to try the Power Si granuals, but they are spendy, so I think they will have to wait also.

Theres a 6 inch fan pulling air into the closet at the bottom, and a much larger volume (still 6 inch) fan pulling air out of the area and out the roof. Ducting from this second fan comes into the room and attaches to the heat sink of the light to keep the temps down. The light is a 400watt Spectrum King and would make heat a real problem without this positive air flow. I used to hate this light. It has a very tight footprint and is really "beamy" in its output... perfect for a 3x3 room but not so great when you have it in a larger space, and at 400watts it has lots of headroom. This would be a good spot for a couple Quantum boards. I may go that route and save 150watts some day, but what I have works well. Mounted to the light are 2 clip fans pointed at the plants to keep them moving.

I'm really proud of the plants that come out of here. I regularly do well weight wise. Last season was over 10oz, not to awful for a 3x3 dirt grow. Heres some shots of that plant.

I'll do a video for you either later tonight, or some day soon

You will need a lot more yo-yos for two Candidas. Here is one of my Candidas, untied on the left and tied up on the right.
full

Is that DonkeyDick?
I was gonna say you'd have to ask Smokey, but I didn't. THATS RIGHT SMOKEY, I HIGH ROADED IT. I WOULD NEVER REVEAL ANY OF THE DARK, DISGUSTING ITEMS WE DISCUSSED NOT SO LONG AGO. NEVER! HAHA!

His videos either start with feet or "this is take something or another." He needs to keep us on our toes. ;)
I wish that were true. Im REALLY not that smart. I fumble through. If its a keeper then I'm done. Im flattered that you think its some grand artistic choice. Haha

So I head back to the shed to tater the last of that joint and couldn't remember if I turned the closet light off. I found this...
20201119_214746.jpg
20201119_214739.jpg
20201119_214726.jpg

Looks like a driver died, there are 2 on this light. You can see them in the first pic. I'll hit up Spectrum King tomorrow. This shouldn't be a big deal.

There! I said it! I just cursed this project. ill be lucky if my house is still standing when its over.

To quote my favorite anchorman, "Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast."

Well, I do love scotch. So there’s that.

I have a CMH if I need a light, but its kinda long, doesn't fit well. Good light though

And this is why we keep spare lights on hand. Yepper. Might not be great, but it’ll keep things in motion while one figures out the main.

I got a pair of cheap blurples. Good enough if something gets in a twist. Especially in veg.

I was gonna say you'd have to ask Smokey, but I didn't. THATS RIGHT SMOKEY, I HIGH ROADED IT. I WOULD NEVER REVEAL ANY OF THE DARK, DISGUSTING ITEMS WE DISCUSSED NOT SO LONG AGO. NEVER! HAHA!
Don't believe a word he says!
I was completely lost in that video without the establishing shot of your feet!
I think you should Purdy up those toez some by painting the nails.you could even do a poll on what color to use.

Back
Top Bottom