Alienpus's DWC, Indoor, HPS: Kripple Shock, Incredible Bulk & Ice Cream, 2014

I have one of the main circuits, alarm/indicator lights are simple to add. The reasons it's wired like this, all grounds across different voltages are isolated, in monitoring mode (system normally running) no circuits are energized. The controller states that voltage across all relays must be the same as mains.

New_Bitmap_Image_2_1.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the schematic, so the speed control on the pumps are not potentiometers? I have been out of electronics for a while I didn't realize you could buy the pulse width modulators, man tech moves so fast, or I am getting old real fast.

What kind of temp and PH probes are you using?

I am really impressed with this build AP you are saving hundreds if not thousands plus that great feeling doing it yourself and knowing how everything is built and how it works.

This is now my favourite journal

Cheers

Thanks a bunch for the schematic, so the speed control on the pumps are not potentiometers? I have been out of electronics for a while I didn't realize you could buy the pulse width modulators, man tech moves so fast, or I am getting old real fast.

What kind of temp and PH probes are you using?

I am really impressed with this build AP you are saving hundreds if not thousands plus that great feeling doing it yourself and knowing how everything is built and how it works.

This is now my favourite journal

Cheers

Yup, PWM are not only common place now they are cheap, these are $3 USD each, the most impressive parts are the timer relays, these guys are wild, all electronics cost $4 USD or less each.

Pots would work but on dc motors its best to use PWM, also this gives me a signal that I can measure for a possible upgrade to computer monitored/controlled. The PH controller has data outputs and proportional output signals also, so I can just chuck an Atmega chip in there, (or a separate Arduino box for wireless) for computer monitoring, logging and proportional signal controls, needs some programming thought. That is what the little blue cap on my box is, a 9 pin connector for an automated or monitored grow room expansion.

This particular controller (and most) uses a pt-100 type resistive sensor, standard liquid reference potential sensor (don't have to use) and standard BNC type PH sensors (can be hardwired), but this can depend on controller manufacturer.

Industriel controllers are very hard to beat for control options, I am partial to this brand as I have worked with them in the past and all documentation is available, check out what this particular puppy can do.

I have a few pheno's that are begging for nutes especially that pale one, so I upped the PPM another 100, they are now at 1100ppm (EC 2.2). I have to take clones tonight, they have to be pruned their second time now to keep proper shape before I loose my window, growth is still accelerating. I also replaced the sickly ones with some spares and eliminated that pheno.

IMG_187318.JPG

IMG_187216.JPG

Love the Journal

Thanks, glad to have you on board.

I did this yesterday, so day 7 in the veg box. I took two clones from all the plants and gave them their second pruning, they all have 6-8 shoots and from now on I will only cut the few shoots that are too tall vs the average for an even canopy. It's a little more difficult as I have 12 different phenos in there, and there are some good differences.

That little sativa one has to be another strain that got mixed in there, nothing like the others and she smells like skunk.

These 430 HPS lights outperform my 400 metal halides so much, that today I hung the MH's in my garage.

I had figured 10 days in the box but it might go a few days more, they get a days rest after the trim, so tomorrow I lower the lights a notch or two and up the PPM another 100-150 to about EC 2.6 and I'll see from there.

Note to self, paint the new plywood back.

So looking into the box:

IMG_190212.JPG

This is after pruning:

IMG_190117.JPG

And the few individuals that came out in focus, starting with reference plant 'F'

IMG_189618.JPG

IMG_189816.JPG

IMG_189914.JPG

The clones:

IMG_190511.JPG

And this one shows all the plant matter I removed from the above plants along with the cuttings

IMG_190614.JPG

I cut the LED half of the table today, I forgot that half the plant in the foreground belongs to this half table so I will add it tomorrow.

I usually use screens but I am renovating the basement so I strung them up in a corner, the string is 9' long, I also have a pan of smaller buds that still need a little cleaning before the screen.

IMG_192117.JPG

IMG_191515.JPG

IMG_191715.JPG

Nice job. Congrats on the harvest,,,

Yesterday during the trim my pellet burner gave out and I lost central heat so harvest didn't go as planned but I finished the other half today, still will need to be cleaned up a bit when I remove the nugs from the twigs. A few things I noticed between the lights,

The HPS buds were bigger but some were less dense and had a higher leaf to bud ratio, the difference was less impressive once cleaned up.

The LED buds were easier to trim because of the bud/leaf ratio.

A lot of nice buds were right in the middle of the table receiving both lights.

The HPS plants grew more and had a larger quantity of buds by sheer size of plant, but that can be compensated for with an extra week or so of veg and an extra topping for more shoots for the LED.

I think I said there was eight plants, but, I had used the 11 plant table top after all.

I had cut one plant directly under the HPS a week or so ago because the branches were keeling over, she is dry now and stabilizing in the Ziploc bag. I was very generous with what I left behind with the trim and fluffy buds, and have a grocery bag packed full for making some sweet bubble hash.

IMG_193712.JPG

So the string above is the LED half of the table and the one below has the HPS side minus the dry plant in the bag.

IMG_193316.JPG

Left is the HPS half of loose nugs with a few twigs that didn't fit on the string, right LED

IMG_193017.JPG

The PH controller is wired up and running tests, I have 3 buckets of differing PH water so I swap the probe around to simulate a condition while I program all the settings. I spilled some Grand Marnier on the 12v PowSupp so the delayed pump on circuit is not running, but electrically it works. I'll fix it this week and build the wall mount and acid/base solution container mounts as well, and will see how the tests go.

IMG_194011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom