Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Today marks Day 43 of Flower. Total time is estimated to be around 65-70 days.
So we have approximately another 22-27 days until harvest.

In the meantime, I have started 2 new seeds to give me a little head start. I figure by the time these are ready for the grow closet, I'll be able to transplant them into the final pots, and start some LST.

We'll of course be trying Greenhouse Seeds Big Bang again: ! Green House Big Bang Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds
And I'll be starting a Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy: ! Delicious Cotton Candy Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Both were started in coco today, My tap water varies between 7.2-8.0, so I PH'ed the water to 6.0, in 3" pots (7.5cm)

I don't have a Veg area yet, unfortunately, but I have a small shelf under my desk which was easily converted into a small Veg chamber by adding 2 23w CFLs. I'll be picking up a second timer to run these lights at 18/6 this weekend.

Day 44, I figured I'd add a few pictures.

IMG_20150321_083151_646.jpg

IMG_20150321_083200_427.jpg

IMG_20150321_083210_294.jpg

IMG_20150321_083217_230.jpg

Ur leaves have the longest stems I think I've ever seen lol

They're the longest petioles I've ever had so far, and also the biggest fan leaves so far in growing on this plant as well. I'm hoping it's a sign that she's doing well and is going to pack on a lot of bud weight. I need to see at least 3 ounces on this to make it to next harvest. I'm growing for 3 patients now, and will need to grow for 2 more in the near future, so I'm probably going to need to add additional flower space somewhere. :Namaste:

They're the longest petioles I've ever had so far, and also the biggest fan leaves so far in growing on this plant as well. I'm hoping it's a sign that she's doing well and is going to pack on a lot of bud weight. I need to see at least 3 ounces on this to make it to next harvest. I'm growing for 3 patients now, and will need to grow for 2 more in the near future, so I'm probably going to need to add additional flower space somewhere. :Namaste:
I hope they get as big as the leaves and you get more than 3 off it.

Yesterday, I read about a fellow grower who took a more aggressive approach to using his LED lighting in Flower, and I've admired the results they were able to achieve in the past, so I moved my light a little closer today. From 14" / 35.5cm down to 12" / 30.5cm.

I'm running a P300 and keep the light at 8"-10" since 1 week after flowering. No burn or bleach yet. One is afghan, other is freebie (very sativa looking though). YMMV :)

Edit to add: I would try dropping them 2" at a time and let it sit for a 2-3 days to give it time to acclimate as well as check for any (too close) damage.

Looking good Antics, how you been lately things going better ?

It depends on what you're asking about.

Strawberry Blue? Eh.. buds aren't as big as I had hoped for.. Today is day 48 of 65-70 and I have good trichome production, but bud size is piss poor to say the least.

Me personally? Eh again. I'm done helping new members to the forum. I'm sick of spending time to decipher what people ask, spending more time finding the appropriate links to help them or answer questions they have, then being accused of my comment being "smartass" when all I did was provide links, then later being referred to a dumbass with nothing better to do.

This is also why I've removed my grow journal links from my signature. I'm completely done with being treated like a piece of shit because I've only done a few grows.

Some people just shouldn't have internet access..

You are right about that !!!

Ya your blue sure is frosty mine wasn't that frosted nice and sticky but maybe it's the lighting I think some respond better to different lights. Not that I'm trying to get you to get another light just my thoughts I started with a LED and went to a 1000 hps.
420_pics_0048.jpg
That's my blue around the 55 day mark with the LED I was getting smaller denser buds than with my 1000.

How much you feeding her I found she could take nutes pretty good and gave her a flower booster and some honey sweetener, Or could be she responds to hydro better.

Oh I'd love to either increase my lighting, or switch to HID. I considered buying a 600w MH/HPS setup for a while before finally deciding against it since my house was built a long, long time ago, and I don't want to put too much strain on the wiring. And the manufacturer of my circuit breaker box is out of business, so I can't add circuits either. I'll need to replace the whole thing completely, which I'm not a fan of doing currently.

Is that picture from the LED or HPS?

I'm feeding:
4ml/gal micro and grow
10ml/gal bloom
In soil normally I'd be watering with 12ml grow, 7-8ml micro, 15-20ml bloom, but a few people have told me with coco you reduce the concentration, since you're watering more frequently. Maybe this is where things went wrong? But my CFL grow had much bigger buds, just less trichomes.

I water 2x a day, every day. Morning about 30 minutes after lights on. Evening 1-2 hours before lights out. I always PH to 5.8 as well. So I'm pretty sure she has enough nutes available.

That's under my HPS, I think your right you have enough nutes available for her.. I hear ya on wiring I have a lot tied into my box too when I expanded to 2 rooms it was such a pain, back half of my set up runs threw so much it was a pain finding a happy medium. I wish I would have went with 2 600's vs my 1000 but live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom