Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I was wondering if you could pull Big Bitch out of her pot and chop off 1/3 of her roots and put fresh mix of soil back into the pot and put her back in if that would help her problem. What do you think?

Funny you mention her, I just finished a flush with a gallon of 6.5 PH water. Her leaves have been curling up, and drying along the edges just like last time, so I figured maybe there's a PH issue.
I was curious what the runoff was going to be. Her pot is small, so I ran the water through in 4 separate pours. Runoff came back as 5.7 the first time, then 6.0, then 5.8, and 6.4 on the final run.

I don't know why the hell the PH was so low. I don't know why only she was affected either. The clones, and Cotton Candy are all in the same soil, and all received the same nutes from the same mix.

But I'll keep an eye on her, and will check runoff in a few more days, and flush again if needed.

Last update was top notch bro. Looking good keep it up.

Monster crop for the win. Have a great one Antics. :thumb:

Thank you kindly. I'm hoping to have more fun stuff to update in the future. And yeah, I'm digging the monster cropping :) It's easier than I thought it would be, but still took a while to root since I tried the willow first.

Next time around I'm going to take some more flowering clones, just not as late in flower (45 days if I remember correctly), and I'm planning to take some clones in Veg as well, to compare notes.

Big bitch was in coco first right? She may be finicky the majority of veg.

Cotton Candy, Big Bitch, and the Clones were all started in coco. Shortly after they were all started is when I started talking to you, and you talked me into going back to soil.

Cotton Candy and the one clone switched to soil flawlessly. The other clone was slower, but still rooted. Still no roots on the 3rd.

Big Bitch is the only one giving me trouble. You ever feel like punching a plant? That's about where I am with her.

No matter what people say each genetic is different. The big bitch is more of a high maintenance bitch. I'd barely water her start making her roots search for water. Put her in the arid wasteland category dry that bitch out and barely barely water her when you do I'd water towards edge of pot

How easy or difficult was it to LST, and defol when compared to doing the same with growing a plant from seed?

At times I found it hard to keep up with all the new shoots, ended up cleaning it up about two weeks before the flip. I think I could have taken out even more popcorn buds but gave up and smoked them,

As for LST I was just bending branchs everywhere. to fill the gaps. I think picking out the more dominant branchs and just triming off the secondary sized ones would be my choice.

OOps shouldn't smoke and give advice. Sorry about that.

Yes. Get ph going in at 6.9, maybe just 6.8 I'd personally run a Lil higher.

The ph also will balance a Lil more once soil is drying and then you flush.

Sounds like a good plan. I can run plain tap water through with a light nute mix, which always comes up around 7.2 after nutes are added. Soil is drying out now, pot is still heavy, but it looks like she had a little growth spurt last night. That update will follow.

At times I found it hard to keep up with all the new shoots, ended up cleaning it up about two weeks before the flip. I think I could have taken out even more popcorn buds but gave up and smoked them,

As for LST I was just bending branchs everywhere. to fill the gaps. I think picking out the more dominant branchs and just triming off the secondary sized ones would be my choice.

OOps shouldn't smoke and give advice. Sorry about that.

Popcorn smokes all the same to me. I do like having bigger buds, but I don't sell or provide to dispensaries, so appearance isn't a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the help too, you gave me a good idea what to expect, and I'll be able to put together a good plan of action for handling her training. It should be a pretty cool experience man, and I'm curious to see what I can yield in the 1 gallon pots too. I'm pretty stoked.

I'd rather talk to someone who smoked over talking to a drunk any day. In my experience drunks tell strange stories, half don't make sense, and they like spitting when they talk. Talking to stoners, it just takes a little longer, but they're just very very thorough in covering everything. Half my forum time is spent either smoking, or after I've smoked. :thumb:

Cotton Candy now needs her LST adjusted twice a day and is just insane. Totally a pleasure to grow so far. Easy to train too, and her canopy is just sooo easy to keep evenly filled in.
IMG_20150501_100716_654.jpg

IMG_20150501_100704_4511.jpg

Big Bitch seems to have perked up a little and added some size last night. Her leaves aren't as curled either:
IMG_20150501_101157_303.jpg

SB Clone #1 is now showing a deficiency. Looks like Magnesium to me. Just occuring on upper leaves right now, but not the newest growth.
IMG_20150501_101122_588.jpg

IMG_20150501_101131_376.jpg

SB Clone #2 is slowly getting bigger now:
IMG_20150501_100956_705.jpg

Big bitch is definitely gonna be high maintenance I wonder once you top or clone if that clone will exhibit the same traits or if it was just a major shock.

Big bitch is definitely gonna be high maintenance I wonder once you top or clone if that clone will exhibit the same traits or if it was just a major shock.

She's already more trouble than she's worth. But on the good side of things, I already counted 7 nodes at her short height with the 8th node growing now, so close node spacing is a good side of things I'm going to focus on. She's also the only Indica I have running now, which means at harvest she's all mine. So I'm going to do my best to try to get her to harvest.

I want to say it was PH shock, and I don't THINK clones will exhibit the same growth, assuming I keep the PH of future grows in check. We'll know more on that this summer when I start her clones.

Harvest update:

Right about 62% and holding for most of today:

IMG_20150502_132917_745.jpg

IMG_20150502_133005_221.jpg

Looks like it's going to end up being between 1.25-1.75 ounces total. Not bad, but I could have done better if I didn't run into all the problems that I did. I wanted to hit 3 ounces on this plant, but unfortunately we didn't do it this time.

So now that I'm back in soil, I'm going to lower the goal a bit, and shoot for 2 ounces from each plant in the 6/7 gal pots, and 1/2 ounce for the 1 gal pots. Just to see what I can do with Cotton Candy, and the clones. Oh.. and Big Bitch when she starts behaving.

I did have to snag a popcorn bud last night and give it a test in the 1hitter. Flavor kinda sucked since there was zero cure, and a tad harsh. Burned ok, more white ash than my previous harvests which was cool. Effect was decent though. Quite possibly the most potent I've grown so far.

And I might have to try some more today as well, you know, just to make sure and all..

As for the other kids, CC, the clones, and BB, they're all doing well. CC is of course doing great, and no new problems, leaf curl, or margin burn on BB, and no advancement of the deficiency I found on the SB clone yesterday.

Enjoy the weekend folks, we're going to have some real nice weather here, so I plan to spend a little time outdoors while smoked. Matter of fact, I'm going to enjoy a little Indica now then head out to the yard. Have a safe and happy weekend everyone.

And remember, Cannabis never killed anyone, so smoke as much, and often as you need to.

Update on Big Bitch.

Still alive, and doing better. If I counted correctly, we have 8 nodes now, with the 9th starting. They're ridiculously close together, and difficult to count, but we're at about 8.

Here you can see the worst leaves at the bottom, and the problem lessens as we go up each node:
IMG_20150503_064857_320.jpg

Newest growth showing no problems:
IMG_20150503_064912_661.jpg

And after a flush, when I want a plant to dry out faster, especially one that is slow or stunted, you can increase the surface area of the soil, as well as expose wetter layers of soil by forming the mouth of a volcano around the pot with the top inch or so of soil. As it dries, just stir it up, and create a new volcano with the newly moistened soil. It's been working great for me since I started growing:
IMG_20150503_064950_488.jpg

I tried taking a picture of one of the nicer nugs,, but I'm horrible with cameras. It took like 8 pictures to get this one, slightly blurry image. I'm going to have to work on getting some better lighting for pictures.

IMG_20150503_081737_368.jpg

Good high buddy.

Great high :thumb:

I gave my girlfriend some of the uncured Strawberry Blue (well it was curing like a day) to try in her vaporizer, and I took screen shots of her text messages to me last night.

Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-33-05.png

Screenshot_2015-05-03-07-33-20.png

EDIT: And keep in mind, this is a woman in her 30's. So yeah... I ended up with less bud than I was hoping to see, but the potency is out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom