Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Not my best yield, but better than I expected. I was figuring 1.25-1.5 ounces, and 1.75 at the absolute best.

IMG_20150504_142148_146.jpg

IMG_20150504_142203_311.jpg

(1.93 ounces)

My best is still Cali Jack, which came in at 58.65 grams (2.06 ounces)

Great job my friend you'll hit 112 in no time.

The only thing I won't like about hitting bigger numbers, is I'll be doing fewer grows, since there won't be anyone to smoke it all lol.

Decent harvest though, 1.5 ounces will be going to 2 patients when its done curing, and the rest is mine :thumb:

As for curing, it's still sitting at 62% today. No ammonia odor, no mold odor. It smells like sweet, skunky green bud.

The only thing I won't like about hitting bigger numbers, is I'll be doing fewer grows, since there won't be anyone to smoke it all lol.

Decent harvest though, 1.5 ounces will be going to 2 patients when its done curing, and the rest is mine :thumb:

As for curing, it's still sitting at 62% today. No ammonia odor, no mold odor. It smells like sweet, skunky green bud.

You could always cure some of it longer. Let some cure for a year and have a "vintage smoke"

You could always cure some of it longer. Let some cure for a year and have a "vintage smoke"

After a year of curing, wouldn't it start to lose some potency? or is it like a fine wine, the longer it cures the more flavorful and potent? Just curious because I have no idea and it sounds interesting

Happy day Antics, funny msg from your GF.. that bud sure did look nice mate, you should dissapointed with the yield, why? how long did you dry for b4 giving you GF that sample? were do you do your drying out? just curious, as you say your limited to space like myself. Out of my 3, the blue Amenisa seems to be a bit ahead of the other 2, whcih is annoying cos I had planned in using the same same space to dry as I did to grow, - the lighting of course. But now, im gonna have to get a cardboard box or something.. I doubt il even get 2 ounces dry form the 3 of em. But they smell great, and really frosty. So if its decent to smoke il be happy :woohoo:

Happy day Antics, funny msg from your GF.. that bud sure did look nice mate, you should dissapointed with the yield, why? how long did you dry for b4 giving you GF that sample? were do you do your drying out? just curious, as you say your limited to space like myself. Out of my 3, the blue Amenisa seems to be a bit ahead of the other 2, whcih is annoying cos I had planned in using the same same space to dry as I did to grow, - the lighting of course. But now, im gonna have to get a cardboard box or something.. I doubt il even get 2 ounces dry form the 3 of em. But they smell great, and really frosty. So if its decent to smoke il be happy :woohoo:

Yeah, I didn't know how to reply to her wanting to lick the grass. I still don't know what to say, but she was pretty embarrassed when I showed her that I posted the screen shots here :)

Disappointed because I Vegged for 11 weeks, 4 weeks of PH problems while the plant was slowly dying while I tried figuring out what the problem was, and I really wanted to hit 3 ounces, and was hoping for 4 ounces. So the yield could have been better. The potency makes up for the lack of yield though, it's a really enjoyable, and potent Sativa Dominant. Honestly, It's been difficult not sneaking another bud here and there out of the cure box. It's just that good, at least to me :)

I was drying for 3-7 days, having different sized buds some were ready at different times, so as they become ready, they go into the cure. I think the bud I gave her was drying 4 days, and just went into the cure box the day before I gave it to her, so basically like no cure on it.

I do my drying in a cardboard box. To be specific, 2 boxes taped together, with the top cut out of the bottom box, and bottom cut out of the top box. There are 4 total carry/hand holes in the boxes which I leave open. No fan is used in the box. It sits in a room across from an air conditioner, and the room is 70 degrees F constant, and 45-55% RH thanks to the AC unit in the window. I think the holes allow some air circulation, but nothing is ever blowing directly on the buds.

We all want big yields man, I know I do. But I would take a lower yield of really high potency stuff, over a high yield of garbage that I have to smoke for hours to feel anything. We're just starting out growing bud, we can work on the yield later, but we all want potency now.

Yield doesn't mean shit if it doesn't have the potency to back it up. :thumb:

That canopy is developing very nicely! Well done with the lst, it really shows. And she looks so damn happy!

I'm right there with ya on wanting a big yield,but I would sacrifice yield for better potency any day! Bring on the couch lock:Namaste:

Agreed! If potency is good then it will take less to achieve the desired effect. I am more for the energetic "get shit done" high than the sleepy couch lock effect though. I am a runner and have seen a few articles on ultra runners in Colorado using Cannabis during training and it has peaked my interest a lot. I am guessing it is more Sativa dom, which I wont be able to grow for awhile. I will probably harvest my Indica hybrid a little early (5-10% amber) to gain a more energetic high.

Agreed! If potency is good then it will take less to achieve the desired effect. I am more for the energetic "get shit done" high than the sleepy couch lock effect though. I am a runner and have seen a few articles on ultra runners in Colorado using Cannabis during training and it has peaked my interest a lot. I am guessing it is more Sativa dom, which I wont be able to grow for awhile. I will probably harvest my Indica hybrid a little early (5-10% amber) to gain a more energetic high.

Back in high school a buddy drug (literally) me into Golds gym for a workout after we blazed. I thought he was crazy and it took a few to lock in. But, those were some crazy workouts. Talk about locking in. Who knows what we were smoking, he stole it from his dad, but we made it a habit. ;) If you told me that I might not believe had I not done it. .I don't run anymore, well, chasing my kids, but I bet those runners can fly..... ;) pun intended.

Back in high school a buddy drug (literally) me into Golds gym for a workout after we blazed. I thought he was crazy and it took a few to lock in. But, those were some crazy workouts. Talk about locking in. If you told me that I might not believe had I not done it. .I don't ruin anyone, well, chasing my kids, but I bet those runners can fly..... ;) pun intended.

One guy is pretty young (22-23ish) and will be racing next season with a Dispensary as a sponsor on all his kits. That would be a pretty sweet deal!! Run for free weed! lol

I might have to try a workout or two after. Might end up dropping the weight on my neck though. lol

Back
Top Bottom