Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Alright, I was hoping this time wouldn't come, but it has.

I am officially screwed for space in the Veg cabinet. Cotton Candy has completely outgrown it, and she's not ready to flower yet.

Strawberry Blue is showing about 90% cloudy, 8-9% clear, and 1-2% amber. I wanted to go a littttttttle bit longer, maybe a day or two, or maybe even 3, but CC's tops are hitting the light now.
If I leave CC in the Veg cabinet, she's going to burn her tops, which I have planned for 2 more clones. And she still needs another 1-2 weeks before I can flower her.

So weighing all my options, I'm going to harvest, then transplant CC into her final pot then putting her in the flowering closet change lights to 18/6, and continue Vegging Big Bitch, and the 3 clones in the Veg cabinet for a few more weeks at least.

I'm not looking forward to all the trimming. blah! Oh well, off I go :rollit:

Today was day 82 of 65-70 for Strawberry Blue.

Anyone up for a movie? I have a few other branches with popcorn all over them, but it was easier to keep some of the popcorn on the branch for drying.
IMG_20150428_114344_142.jpg

Here's everything else:
IMG_20150428_114358_240.jpg

The 4 biggest tops together:
IMG_20150428_114721_846.jpg

I'm guessing I'll end up with 1.25-1.5 dry. Which isn't too bad, considering all the problems she had. I'll update with dry weight when she finishes drying, most should be done in 7 days, but the 4 biggest tops might take a few days longer.

Now a quick lunch, then transplanting time.

I wasn't ready for all this today. Phew..

Congrats man. Now this next grow you will yield even more. I know your limited on space but the longer veg Window is gonna help a ton

Well I yielded 2 ounces from one plant in soil previously under CFLs, there's no reason I can't beat that now that I'm back in soil. I have better lighting, and much better nutrients, with a bunch of great supplements to use.

IMG_20150416_141651_178.jpg

IMG_20150416_141715_670.jpg

Thanks brother.. honestly, I can't wait to start LST Cotton Candy. That's probably my favorite part of growing.

It's also cool having a 34 day head start on Veg. I'm really digging having a separate Veg cabinet.

LST will start this evening, I'm totally psyched :thumb:

You and me both love to watch them take the shape with training.

Strawberry Blue is showing about 90% cloudy, 8-9% clear, and 1-2% amber. I wanted to go a littttttttle bit longer, maybe a day or two, or maybe even 3:rollit:

I harvested my single cola bagseed Sativa dominant plant with no clear and about 25% amber 75% cloudy. I took a hit not long ago and it gave me heavy eyelids, lips sticking to my teeth, dry mouth, faster heart rate, hearing everything and some giggles. Very pleased with the ratio. Glad I got the microscope too. Hope this helps :thumb:

There you go Antics. She did well for you. What did you learn from growing her, if I may be so bold? :blushsmile:

I harvested my single cola bagseed Sativa dominant plant with no clear and about 25% amber 75% cloudy. I took a hit not long ago and it gave me heavy eyelids, lips sticking to my teeth, dry mouth, faster heart rate, hearing everything and some giggles. Very pleased with the ratio. Glad I got the microscope too. Hope this helps :thumb:

I'm personally a fan of Indica and Sativa, and every possible ratio in between. But this plant will mostly just be going to my Fibromyalgia patient who doesn't like any sort of Indica effects, so even though it was a little early on the harvest, she'll love it.
I have a little scope myself, and it's definitely helpful, but I find it touches the bud too much during use, so I've been shopping around for a loupe to buy to replace it for all my spot checks.

There you go Antics. She did well for you. What did you learn from growing her, if I may be so bold? :blushsmile:

What did I learn? A few things. Here are some of the ones really worth mentioning:

Cheap PH meters are just that, cheap. And unreliable.
Coco isn't a miracle medium.
Coco requires a shitload of work.
Coco is a bit finnicky, even with a heavy nute mix, the plant won't always get what it wants/needs.
But coco does drain really, really nicely, which I loved.

The next grows will all be in soil. Cotton Candy, Big Bitch, and 2, maybe 3 Strawberry Blue clones. I'll be very interested to compare this SB yield, with the yield from one of the clones in a 1 gallon pot. Yep, I'll be flowering them in 1 gallon. It should be interesting :)

Alright, I was hoping this time wouldn't come, but it has.

I am officially screwed for space in the Veg cabinet. Cotton Candy has completely outgrown it, and she's not ready to flower yet.

:rollit:

I know that feeling. When it comes to cloning I end up with more plants then my cabinet can handle. I just enjoy making clones, so in the future I am going to try to start 5-6 clones and pick out the best 2 for the flowering penthouse and just toss the others.

Congrats on the harvest. onwards and up.

reps for you kind sir.

I know that feeling. When it comes to cloning I end up with more plants then my cabinet can handle. I just enjoy making clones, so in the future I am going to try to start 5-6 clones and pick out the best 2 for the flowering penthouse and just toss the others.

Congrats on the harvest. onwards and up.

reps for you kind sir.

Much appreciated!

My plan is to take 2 clones from each of my plants. The strongest growers will later be flowered in my big 6-7gal pots. The weaker clones will be kept going, and flowered in smaller 1 gallon pots, since that's all I can fit. I figure 1/4-1/2 ounce or so per 1 gallon pot is better than scrapping the little clones. Hell, even if you flower them in small solo cups and get an 1/8th from each, it's worth it IMO. A little extra bud, and more practice growing in less than optimal conditions.

And good practice for the next time there's a solo cup grow competition :)

Well hopefully this line of nutrients from Humboldt County's Own is decent.

Quick little update since I was bored.

Cotton Candy is still awesome as ever. LST has started, and I'm watching the lower 4 branches to see which ones perform, and which ones aren't getting enough light. The ones lacking light will be my clones.
IMG_20150429_185059_845.jpg

One of the lower branches on CC also split into two, which I thought was kinda cool. It'd make for a nice clone, already comes topped:
IMG_20150429_185127_041.jpg

Big Bitch is still slow. I don't know what else to do with her at this point, she's kinda growing, but just taking her time doing so.
IMG_20150429_190312_186.jpg

SB Clone #1. What can I say, I'm impressed with her growth and vigor. She just took off and rooted early, and hauled ass. She also has just a crazy pattern of stems growing out from all over, which might end up being a nightmare for training. I'll know more in a week or two when she gets a little bigger, but right now she has something like 8 tops or so growing out from all over the place.
IMG_20150429_190158_840.jpg

SB Clone #1 is also showing preflowers on all her new growth.
IMG_20150429_121735_023.jpg

SB Clone #2 now has 1 root tip visible at the bottom of her pot, and is slowly putting on some new growth, as well as increasing the size of some existing leaves.
IMG_20150429_190248_159.jpg

SB Clone #3 isn't rooted, and isn't doing anything. At this point, I have 2 successful clones, so if she makes it, great. If she doesn't, oh well. No pics of her since she's being stubborn.

They are all looking very nice. That's what I remember about clones from flowering mothers, shoots everywhere.

I was wondering if you could pull Big Bitch out of her pot and chop off 1/3 of her roots and put fresh mix of soil back into the pot and put her back in if that would help her problem. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom