Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

"As for the buds, I couldn't resist today, and had to check the density on one of the buds about halfway up on her, and it was nice and tight, so that's great news."

This was what I was waiting to hear. :high-five:

Damnit you people reply fast lol. I was shitting around with the Vegging plants and taking pics, hoping to get both updates in before anyone posted lol.

But even if I only get 1 rooted clone, it's cool with me. It was a nice learning experience being able to experiment when it didn't really matter, so when I take my next clones, I'll know a little more on how its done, and should increase my success rate.

Well some people sit around and watch the pot boil and we sit around watch plants grow which would you rather do. hahaha.

I`m going to try and stop worrying about my plants now. I think you and I have learned enough from all our friends here to start a plant and keep it alive and if not just pop another seed take another clone. It`s all fun and learnin.

All the plants look amazing by the way.

HB plant?

I'm growing one with Doc Bud's High Brix Kit this run. It's a new experience. The kit was a gift and I'm so blessed to be able to try it now instead of a couple years from now when it would have been affordable. So I'm running two very different types of living soil.

Big sook lol, at least we all now its a hard strain to deal with. Everything else looks wonderful! :goodjob:
Thanks man, but keep in mind, that all Big Bang phenos may not be this sensitive to nutes.

Looking good bro. Those SB clones are reveg right? I just did a few clones from a flowing plant and they defiantly take a couple weeks to get going again even after roots have formed. Wouldn't sweat it man. CC looks great fast grower for sure. :goodjob:

Yeah, the 4 cuttings were taken on March 25, which was 48 days after the 12/12 switch (which was on February 5). They were just lollipopped lower branches, but I figured I'd give it a try. They were in willow water for 10 days with no results, so I dipped them in rooting powder on March 10, one eventually ran out of time, leaves died, and left me with 3 cuttings. One is fully rooted and doing great. One put out roots, but is slow growing with no big leaves, and also showed a little nute burn, and the third still hasn't rooted, but is growing larger reveg leaves. The last two can't make up their minds.

CC is a monster so far, but the next hurdle will be to see how well she likes being cloned. I'll be doing that in a week or two.

Well some people sit around and watch the pot boil and we sit around watch plants grow which would you rather do. hahaha.

I`m going to try and stop worrying about my plants now. I think you and I have learned enough from all our friends here to start a plant and keep it alive and if not just pop another seed take another clone. It`s all fun and learnin.

All the plants look amazing by the way.

Thanks, and you hit the nail on the head. We just have to keep on keepin' on brother.

Clone update.

We're down to 3 clones, one of which was rooted, but not growing much, and another that wasn't rooted, but was growing. Strange.

Well after the soil has been staying a little wet on the rooted clone with no growth, I decided to carefully repot with fresh, drier soil, basically to just start over, and eliminate excess moisture to let her roots grow.

But she's definitely rooted:
IMG_20150423_111207_505.jpg

Now the third clone that was showing new growth without roots, has a swollen stem, no roots yet, but I'll continue to keep an eye on her. She still might make it. I've also started foliar spraying her with a mix of:
1ml Grow
1ml Grow
1ml Bloom
5ml Deep Breath
1ml Snow Storm Ultra
10ml Killer Tea

That should help keep her fed enough to throw some roots. And if she does root, although slow, it will give me a 75% success rate, or 3 out of 4.

Cotton Candy update.

She's just about too tall for the Veg cabinet, and she's only 30 days old today, Strawberry Blue still has another week or so to go, so I trimmed her top two fan leaves to gain a little more space for her to stay in the Veg cabinet a little longer.

Once SB is finished, lighting in the Closet will be changed to 18/6 for a week or two while CC finishes Vegging.

And of course a picture:
IMG_20150424_103551_851.jpg

The biggest clone has been transplanted into its final 1 gallon pot.

The other two clones are taking their sweet ass time.

Big Bitch is still slow and annoying me. I might transplant her into much drier soil to force root growth. I just did the same with the one clone, and if it works out, I'll do the same to BB.

Larger pots = more roots = bigger plant = better harvest. Good move Antics. I'm graduating to a 10 gal. for my HB plant.

That's kinda correct. More root does equal more fruit for the most part. But most of you have limitations on heighth so 7 gallon is about perfect compared to a 10 in most tent style closet style applications. The larger pot can be well a waste.

In other few applications where your not restricted to much a 15 - 30 is more ideal especially if at chop you can remove whole plant put the next in line in that spot, toss that soil in a set area and reuse on an upcoming veg crop. When perpetually producing on a time schedule it's best to just keep a consistent pattern.

A few extreme closeup pictures from Strawberry Blue. Flash was used, but only seemed to work on one of the pictures. I took like 10 pics, and only 4 came out clear enough to actually use since when it's zoomed all the way in, the slightest movement translates to like a 8.0 Richter scale movement.

IMG_20150424_121021_052.jpg

IMG_20150424_121010_145.jpg

IMG_20150424_120949_195.jpg

IMG_20150424_120921_103.jpg

Looks great bud

Veg update, since SB is still doing her thing, and I have nothing new or nothing exciting to report.

Cotton Candy speaks for herself. 32 days Veg, already topped, and 2 upper fan leaves removed to make space.
IMG_20150426_193356_206.jpg

Big Bitch is making slow progress:
IMG_20150426_193634_617.jpg

This clone somehow ended up on steroids, and is much bigger than BB now:
IMG_20150426_193652_766.jpg

This clone is finally rooted 100%, and starting to kick some ass in the root growth department:
IMG_20150426_193430_461.jpg

IMG_20150426_193449_610.jpg

No roots showing for this clone, but still alive over 30 days later, with the big new growth leaf:
IMG_20150426_193526_972.jpg

Things seem to be moving along quite nicely, That one real healthy looking clone might be a good one for future clones since it looks so strong now, good genes.

Back
Top Bottom