Anyone have experience with PGR's?

Curiousnoob

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice about PGR's. I have read about people using plant growth regulators to stop stretch during flower? Does anyone have any experience or recommendations? I have seen CYCO A is a product used for this. Now I have also read bad things about them aswell, I'm not saying I'm going to use them, I just would like some more information.
Thanks.

Plants already full of PGRs. Our job as growers is to take advantage of the already existing plants abilities.

Just how I see it.

If your in soil, try some malted barley ground fine, foliar on some kelp tea mixed with aloe and pure coconut water with ful-power.

These are some sources of naturnal PGRs and also will stimulate plant metabolism. Malted Barley is a catalyst and source of natural PGRs.

Also look into Fulvic Acid - Ful-power is a product that I use and foliar on with the kelp and coconut water. Catalyst of catalysts.

Be wary of short cuts that chemical companies want to SELL you.
They likely have someone else's interest in mind.

Interest = return on investment.

Food for thought.

I won't be using them. Super cropping is working quite fine for me atm and I am using NTS fulvic acid aswell. Was just curious to peoples opinions and had me thinking about a plant getting way out of control. Thanks for the educating peoples, much appreciated. :Namaste:

I'm kind of an "organic" isn't a magic sword person. That doesn't mean I don't see a value in it, lol, but it does mean that I don't consider synthetic nutrients to be anathema. And I *usually* use products of the latter classification, for several reasons, some of which I feel are justifiable, others being purely subjective. Also, I am at least vaguely aware that the farming industry has been using various PGRs for decades.

So you might think I'd be generally in favor of commercially available PGR products for the growing of cannabis. Not so much. Two reasons: Some products that (some) people use to grow cannabis fall more in the "use on ornamental plants only" category, and some things that are more or less safe to eat in small quantities just might f*ck your cookies up badly if you smoke them in higher amounts.

If you're inclined in that direction, I suggest you search for the state agricultural product listing database for Oregon or Washington and see what you can find out about the product you're considering. Some of them likely won't be able to be sold in those states due to what has been discovered about them. California does the same thing, but I'm not smart enough to figure out what things they do because it's the right thing to do and what things they do because so many of the bugfuck crazies have made it their home, lol. But you may find that state's database to be of use, too.

Along the same lines, a number of products sold here in the USA either cannot be sold at all in the EU or have a different "version" over there. They seem to care more about whether a product is going to screw up its company's customers than we do.

If a product is legal to sell - and to use on more than just ornamental plants - in all 50 states and the EU, then it probably is safe to use on our cannabis plants hasn't been proven to cause harm.

Hey Bobrown, so would you recommend using them then?

I have just been looking into it all and I think I may have used them Once or twice.

I use them all the time, mix them in with my IPM foliar.

1/4 cup pure coconut water (very similar to an SST)
1/4 cup of Kelp meal tea
into say 1/2 gallon of water and foliar on.

Also I add into the soil Malted barley ground fine powder. This is the catalyst for the PGRs.

I foliar these additions to my IPM regimen 1x a week starting with young plants and on into flower.

I use FAR RED lighting to promote taller plants. Taller plants is easier to manage that a large bush and takes up less room. Think vertical vs big wide short bush. I don't top plants so I get very large tall plants.

Do you have any documentation to back up that blue make trichomes thing??
All artificial lighting has blue spectrum in it.

Its the Red/far red that causes hormonal changes in plants. There are lots of studies on the red/far red lighting. This is why its becoming popular for cannabis growing.

Posted this about far reds last night on my journal. He talks about blue and green lighting as well.

I have seen a few bottled nutrients that say their PGR for cannabis or at least in that section and some other nutrients from a Agricultural supplier, is there a way of feeding nutrients and not foliar or does it not work that way?

Do you have any documentation to back up that blue make trichomes thing??
I read it on here somewhere... prob in someone's journal who was experimenting with it. It's by no means scientific or even valid lol. Just food for thought
I'm using blues now as supplemental lighting. Plants certainly don't mind it. Does it promote better trichomes?
No idea at this time.
Actually, now I remember seeing Kind LED make the claim for their supplemental light bars

Blue spectrum has been a thing for quite a while now. We've known a lot about it and experiments and the spectrum for photosynthesis has been mapped out for several years now excluding the far red spectrum.
This was due to lack of sophisticated equipment to measure it. Now with more modern test equipment the scientists have been doing more work on the red/far red spectrum and how it relates to plant growth which is regulated by PGRs.

I tell people all the time not to defoliate the plants for any positive result. The plants leaves have quite a few hormones or PGRs that the plant uses to regulate growth.

Here's a vid about it pretty well done I might add, that covers the light spectrum and what it does to help plants grow. They touch on blue spectrum a bit. Blue spectrum has an affect on plant growth for sure. Not sure its something that is positive tho for cannabis growing indoors.

My opinion on trichomes is its genetically driven more than environmental conditions.

Here's a great vid on how lighting affects plant growth. It was made in 2019 and understand that the professor giving the lecture has a business interest as he runs a company that sells light meters.

I have seen a few bottled nutrients that say their PGR for cannabis or at least in that section and some other nutrients from a Agricultural supplier, is there a way of feeding nutrients and not foliar or does it not work that way?

I put malted barley ground fine in my soil. It acts as a catalyst. I also add a fair amount of kelp meal to my soil which has PGRs in it as well.

Not sure of what PGRs are in your bottled nutrients as I do not use them. I would think if you look up the bottled nutrients MSDS anything in the bottle should be listed on that paperwork.

Foliar works - we are putting the nutrients and minerals where the plant is using them (shoots). So the plant doesn't have to use up as much energy to move them from the soil to the shoots. Also plants make their own PGRs, all plants do. Many PGRs are in the leaves and definitely in the shoot tips.

Thank you for that buddy I'm currently in coco and wouldn't mind trying it on one of my phenos in running and compare it to the rest and at least at that point I can say i have been there and some it.

Seen some pgrs in a few bottles of hydro bites but the ingredients aren't available to read, I did how ever see some in a agricultural store and he stated that they can be used on fruit crops but I couldn't say what I wanted it for, yes he did say foliar feeding works well, how would this work in flower or would I have stopped that point?

I still have a lot to learn so I thank you for all this info!

Back
Top Bottom