Appleberry & BabyBoom Autos: Meds In LOS

Oh good, I got back here in time for a harvest! Congrats on those long bud-filled stems. It's great when you're happy with the smaller plant knowing the big one is in the wings!

:thumb:
Yea, I got a look at her and she's much different. Top colas are bigger and the lower buds not as mature(smaller). Another week or so and we got a finisher. Trichs are milky with some clear on those top buds.

Well hello, happy hump day! Just waiting for this lady to get her bulge on. Her lower buds are pretty leafy and frosty. A week should bring them along or less, we'll see.
The last leaf pic shows the start of what looks like a calcium def coming on. Also some higher leaves look like a potassium def coming on having some yellowing/browning around the edges. (third pic) I haven't figured how to fix this yet as it shows up late in flower probably 30% of my grows. She's fine to finish but I'd sure like to sort this out. Hope you all take the time to have a great day!

Highya SO,

That's a head scratcher alright. The red petioles are from too little phosphorus. Usually, the leaf tips like that are nutrient burn. The leaves are dark green showing plenty of nitrogen. After looking in the bad leaf encyclopedia, it looks more like a mag defeciency. Epsoms salt should remedy this.
You have some mighty frosty ladies, SO. Looks like spring is breaking in here. Lots of wind, warmer temps, longer daylight! One can hope!! Cheers

Highya SO,

That's a head scratcher alright. The red petioles are from too little phosphorus. Usually, the leaf tips like that are nutrient burn. The leaves are dark green showing plenty of nitrogen. After looking in the bad leaf encyclopedia, it looks more like a mag defeciency. Epsoms salt should remedy this.
You have some mighty frosty ladies, SO. Looks like spring is breaking in here. Lots of wind, warmer temps, longer daylight! One can hope!! Cheers
Wow, I did need some mag earlier. That was a while ago. I don't recognise the "look" in flower I see. Hmmm I hope I'm not locked out for an unknown reason. Too many symptoms at once. I'll go check things. Putting the thinking cap on. Thanks Bode, that's food for thought.

Can't help with deficiencies in an LOS grow, but...

this is now becoming a trend...
I have some tweaking to do in my mix I think. Time goes slow when figuring these things. I'll get there. I have to wonder if it's just plain too much plant for the size pot too. Remember, I thought this one was an auto so she got 55 days veg before I figured it out and is now 58 days in flower. That's a while for being in a 5 gal pot(for me anyhoo) so I might should expect issues around now? I am glad to be days to the end and she's going to produce well enough. Always room for improvement though!

Highya SO,

Say Bode, do you have an author for that book? I couldn't find it.
That wasn't the name of a book. I went to one of the charts that shows deficiencies. I must say, you did well to get almost all the right nutrients for a grow like that. I don't mind ammending the grow here and there. Whatever I can do to make them better. Cheers

4 months in a 5 gallon pot will do exactly that. She’s showing a bit of light stress, but that’s probably tied into the nutrients she’s not getting out of her pot that’s too small.

I think it won’t affect anything really. How long you got left to go?

4 months in a 5 gallon pot will do exactly that. She’s showing a bit of light stress, but that’s probably tied into the nutrients she’s not getting out of her pot that’s too small.

I think it won’t affect anything really. How long you got left to go?
Days now left. Trichs are all milky with a few amber not many really. I hope for a week so the lower bud can finish. Pretty sure she's got it in her but it's not going to be pretty as I like. ;)

I have to wonder if it's just plain too much plant for the size pot too. Remember, I thought this one was an auto so she got 55 days veg before I figured it out and is now 58 days in flower. That's a while for being in a 5 gal pot(for me anyhoo) so I might should expect issues around now? I am glad to be days to the end and she's going to produce well enough. Always room for improvement though!
Running out of steam is one of the reasons I didn't switch to Doc's kit. I veg long but can't upcan to a pot bigger than I can carry, so my soil would be depleted before the plant was finished.

How big a pot do you think it would have needed to be happy?

Running out of steam is one of the reasons I didn't switch to Doc's kit. I veg long but can't upcan to a pot bigger than I can carry, so my soil would be depleted before the plant was finished.

How big a pot do you think it would have needed to be happy?
I don't know really. I think a 7 gal as a guess for a 55 day veg. This plant is just showing signs in the past week. She's a 55 to 60 day flowerer by the book. Today's day 60, has mostly milky with beginning amber. I could run with that and chop her now but I want to get some larger nugs down a few tiers. Now that I see what's going on here, I'm happy with the way things went after falling in guano.
I am going to feed her some epsom tonight if trichs are still right per Bodes suggestion. I saw what he was talking about and agree that mag could get a bump. Mostly for science this late. I want to see what happens for future soil mix choices. Or not. Let's talk after it's harvested too. Weight will have consideration in my feeling weather it's a success or not as well.
Right now if I were to set the grow up I'd use the 5's and veg for 40 to 50 days and see what that brings to the party.

That's what I was going to suggest. Cut some colas at the top, let the lower nugs get fatter. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom