Argyle & Bakerstreet Strain: Gov Seed From Tweed, Hydro DWC

Hey KC ! Glad to see you are still on board :)
Thanks for the suggestion , I went down to measure and it’s almost uncannily exact 24 haha
I’ve been eyeballing it ... I have almost a foot after the flip .. might be tight !
Planning on flipping Sunday and switching to bloom nutes / bucket change
HUGE STEMS. Not a lot of foliage , slow start .. could have been the beans, could have been me fiddling with the dimmer daily , can still be the new led but I am very impressed with the diameter of the stems I haven’t seen that this early with 3 other strains.
About 55 days give or take a day or 2 from seed today. I think Sunday is 60 days and I’m running out of room so it’s time to flip :)
Love the fat stems on DWC plants. I have ran a few in my system that look almost mutant I swear. Anyways great for moving all the goodness throughout the plant. It will b good to c how the government seeds flower out. Most plants will double in size as they stretch in flower so you may have to do some training if the get unruly on you. I do a lot of training on my ladies including topping and LST in veg then I run a scrog net in flower to get max bud sites. Hopefully you won’t have those problems and those plants will work with you instead of against you lol. Play safe and enjoy

Great minds think alike
This is definitely for shits and giggles thou.
Argyle isn’t available for purchase right now and I haven’t really seen any grows on it or the bakerstreet .. (the only 2 variety’s I’ve seen available ) so my curiosity is keeping these little girls pampered
If anyone lurking has a successful grow with either strain please cut and past your link ! Namaste

Well fuck .
Split the main stem on Bakerstreet . seems like a shit plant, brittle, little foliage , not a lot of good identifiable bud sites yet.
Argyle is fairing much better and typical of an indica bush
Flipped lights this morning to 12/12
Will flip nutes and change the bucket soup within the next few days and add some pics .
Namaste

56 days from seed . Flipped yesterday . Argyle on left , Bakerstreet on right

Bakerstreet main stem split repair seems to have worked . Plant hasn't looked right since her first set of leaves . Typical goverment garbage.
Argyle has been pretty slow , but steady, and bushy. Higher hopes for her for sure but naturally, the gov't doesn't sell them anymore .
SOIL: Lost one outdoor unknow strain , I think the one still alive might be lambs breath, or northern lights , hopefully she will give me some big buds to try to identify. All 3 dropped in water same day .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 691
All 59 days from paper towel today
Bakerstreet on right in tent got a new bucket of bloom nutes.
and so we wait

Attachments

• 43127048-7679-49DE-A403-D36247E8D6E6.jpeg
    43127048-7679-49DE-A403-D36247E8D6E6.jpeg
    902 KB · Views: 113
  • 8EA56DC7-0475-4781-979E-2EAD642D57A1.jpeg
    8EA56DC7-0475-4781-979E-2EAD642D57A1.jpeg
    882.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DEEE2C9F-1CE0-4AF1-9B26-310EDAD4D610.jpeg
    DEEE2C9F-1CE0-4AF1-9B26-310EDAD4D610.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 74
  • F985127B-B5D4-4B32-BC39-DEB65A3826DE.jpeg
    F985127B-B5D4-4B32-BC39-DEB65A3826DE.jpeg
    881.6 KB · Views: 83
Meant to add full size .. growing a few Cm a day for sure

Attachments

• BBCE0643-6AE9-459A-B51C-3058412EBDED.jpeg
    BBCE0643-6AE9-459A-B51C-3058412EBDED.jpeg
    727.1 KB · Views: 76
  • B5059FB3-9588-432D-A502-2B70CA353BD1.jpeg
    B5059FB3-9588-432D-A502-2B70CA353BD1.jpeg
    748.6 KB · Views: 71
Meant to add full size .. growing a few Cm a day for sure
Hey how r things?? Plants look like they r starting to get going. I was checking out the temps and RH on your min/max. When your temps swing that much you r in danger of powdery mildew and other funky things. As well as a high Rh will contribute to mildews and things like bud rot when the nugs develop and become large. Lots of airflow will help with this if you r not able to narrow your margins. With temps a10 degree swing is max in a perfect world between lights off and on. In case you have not seen this Vdp chart. You never want red.
I only use this to some degree. I cut my RH to between 40 and 50% after week 4 of flower as to not get bud rot. Can’t wait to see how these government seeds finish out. Still have not seen these two strains growing anywhere lol.

Thanks KC ...I actually think that lil thing is buggered ..and reading 'wet' cause I spilled water on during a bucket change .
I have a fan blowing down on the light as suggested by the manufacture, a circulating one between the girls and a 4 inch fresh air intake ..the fans never go off and I actually think the new led runs cooler than the Mars ..I m pretty medicated right now ..I will put more thought into it tomorrow..thanks a bunch!
And yeah right? No gov't strain journals ...weird eh? Lol

Looks really healthy :thumb:

Sorry you had trouble with the Gov seeds, from what I remember tweed doesn't even give lineage info, probably the same strains health Canada would run through a mulcher and sell.
I've been ordering from Attitude seedbank for 3 years, great selection and the breeders like Dutch Passion stand behind their stuff. Had a year old pack of seeds that wouldn't pop because I stored them wrong, got a fresh pack 2 weeks later :D

Take care and good luck, fellow canuck

Looks really healthy :thumb:

Sorry you had trouble with the Gov seeds, from what I remember tweed doesn't even give lineage info, probably the same strains health Canada would run through a mulcher and sell.
I've been ordering from Attitude seedbank for 3 years, great selection and the breeders like Dutch Passion stand behind their stuff. Had a year old pack of seeds that wouldn't pop because I stored them wrong, got a fresh pack 2 weeks later :D

Take care and good luck, fellow canuck

Thanks so much! :)
I have a busy week so kind of lazy with an update ..the girls have almost doubled since flip , one for pure ro water , other got fed.
I’m maintaining low expectations and hoping for the best .
Thanks for reading ❤️ Please stick around to point out my mistakes .. I’m defn here to learn :)

63 days from seed .. zero defoliation other than a couple of lower dead leaves .. stretching for sure ..bud sites just starting to appear

Attachments

• 6924E95D-A725-41BC-9C65-463037153518.jpeg
    6924E95D-A725-41BC-9C65-463037153518.jpeg
    743.4 KB · Views: 79
  • F09D08BE-7385-4696-BC3E-7E43453CC767.jpeg
    F09D08BE-7385-4696-BC3E-7E43453CC767.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 74
Brave of you to try the LP/Gov seeds. Interested to see what the result it. I suspect they took decent genetics and butchered them to produce seeds. Ripping off someone else’s hard work. That’s what governments do.

I have had good results from Crop King Seeds, Jordan of the Island seeds, Humboldt Seed Organization, and Seedsman. JOTI sells regular seeds though and finding 4 females presents a challenge but the results are nice.

@Northern Hydro just came across your journal, all caught up and interested in dwc, which will be my next attempt, looking forward to this harvest.
Btw, also a BC'r, north coast.

Well tweed attach
Brave of you to try the LP/Gov seeds. Interested to see what the result it. I suspect they took decent genetics and butchered them to produce seeds. Ripping off someone else’s hard work. That’s what governments do.

I have had good results from Crop King Seeds, Jordan of the Island seeds, Humboldt Seed Organization, and Seedsman. JOTI sells regular seeds though and finding 4 females presents a challenge but the results are nice.
Thanks !
Tweed attached their name to the package as he supplier so with any luck something will actually come of these girls !
I notice the gov’t no longer sells the Agyle strain and just the Bakerstreet . Sadly in BC if you want to stay legit as a Rec grower, you gotta try it ;). ( at least once haha)
Welcome aboard :).
Any thoughts and ideas always welcome !!

Thanks man w
@Northern Hydro just came across your journal, all caught up and interested in dwc, which will be my next attempt, looking forward to this harvest.
Btw, also a BC'r, north coast.
Thanks man ! Welcome :)
I tried soil .. well , I have one lil wee auto about a foot tall .. Clearly I’m better with water than dirt .

Good luck !!
Can’t wait to read your journal when you are up and running :)

Thanks man w

Thanks man ! Welcome :)
I tried soil .. well , I have one lil wee auto about a foot tall .. Clearly I’m better with water than dirt .

Good luck !!
Can’t wait to read your journal when you are up and running :)
Haha same here! My first grow was a disaster, plants hermied early in flower, culled the lot.
Trying my clones in coco at the moment, which I like better than soil so far. I want to try a single bucket dwc with an auto next.

Haha same here! My first grow was a disaster, plants hermied early in flower, culled the lot.
Trying my clones in coco at the moment, which I like better than soil so far. I want to try a single bucket dwc with an auto next.

Right on ! I thought about a fancy RDWC system too but I like the ability to feed as required and not the whole bunch.
I also like growing 2 different strains at the same time so dwc is my ticket .
Everytime I’ve grown two different strains they always start the same but inevitably need different nutes at different times as they grow so dwc resolves that ;)

Right on ! I thought about a fancy RDWC system too but I like the ability to feed as required and not the whole bunch.
I also like growing 2 different strains at the same time so dwc is my ticket .
Everytime I’ve grown two different strains they always start the same but inevitably need different nutes at different times as they grow so dwc resolves that ;)
Oh how I miss my solo buckets for running multiple stains at once.
Unfortunately my back told me noooo f$&@“@& way to a 8 bucket grow. I needed the solo point of topping off and monitoring and res change ect. As well as I had a few episodes where plants holding large yields fell completely over due to being top heavy lol. My own fault completely stoned and just not paying attention. Now I don’t move my plants from the day they hit my system. Unfortunately only one strain at a time for me now :(

Yeah I’m tying to stay 100 so there are no issues with my neighbors etc.i look at some of the rooms people are running here in the forums with awe and envy thou!
I feel like I don’t have enough time to maintain 2 and life at the same time right now ! Ugh
Happy Friday!

Every time , I hit this stage I think I only have room for one !
Then I wait until day 21 after flip and defoil like crazy and thank myself for growing 2 ..
or
I’m just really stoned and lost in my head haha but , the girls are getting big .
Added another fan .. might need to upgrade. I thought the ES ran cooler than Mars but apparently not ,? the humidity is higher than I’d like for sure .
Slow but sure

Attachments

• 642FB5C8-325F-4015-9827-39BC5ECC256B.jpeg
    642FB5C8-325F-4015-9827-39BC5ECC256B.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 8861CAFB-99A3-4085-92F7-BEAC727B06DC.jpeg
    8861CAFB-99A3-4085-92F7-BEAC727B06DC.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 54
  • F1CDBE28-24C2-4082-8E49-2BFA298FF541.jpeg
    F1CDBE28-24C2-4082-8E49-2BFA298FF541.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 57
  • A261E605-4A29-4684-A625-0D47F77D9667.jpeg