Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Tips are burnt....

They don't look burnt to me, at least not in the way nitrogen toxicity would lead to. IN fact they look much too pale to have nitrogen toxicty. He already said he's watering an average of 5 days. For those size pots and plants they shouldn't be staying wet that long. Flushing over-watered plants isn't going to be beneficial.

Ok I trust you! Im not a soil guy... the first thing I noticed when I zoomed in on the center of the front plant was a fan leaf with a a dead tip pointing straight down. What about should the Ph of the runoff be? Jw

I've dealt with Nitrogen toxicity before, I don't think this is the case.

I also thought they look a bit pale, and they're drooping now for the first time after watering this morning.

My previous watering session was a flush.
I don't think I'm giving too much water though? 2 cups water each, which gives me around 100ml runoff.

Soil does stay moist very long...

420-magazine-mobile243482023.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1414916616.jpg

420-magazine-mobile882810612.jpg

Planted rapid rooters into solo cups with oceans first soil a few days ago, seeds were planted in the rapid rooters about 2 weeks ago.
Soil appears to be too hot, should I remove the rapid rooters and give the plants a few more days or just leave them? Thank you any help is appreciated

Yep. Soil was definitely a little hot. I would just leave them. The damage has been done. The new growth should be fine. They are going to start a little slower though from the stress.
Things will bounce back.

I also thought they look a bit pale, and they're drooping now for the first time after watering this morning.

I don't think I'm giving too much water though? 2 cups water each, which gives me around 100ml runoff.

Well whatever the case is, I have a seedling with a similar problem in coco. So lemme know

What I love about smart pots, simply takes away the problem of over watering(not that that's what your problem is), whatever's not needed simply just runs off

What I love about smart pots, simply takes away the problem of over watering(not that that's what your problem is), whatever's not needed simply just runs off
Smart pots are really nice to have! I don't have them unfortunately.

Anyway the droopyness aside (First time I've seen it droop) anything that stunts growth like this? They seem overall very healthy to me to be honest.. they're just growing really slow

I'm still curious for someone to answer if your ph is too high.... if it's over 7 your plant gets starved and eats itself.... But I have no clue about soil?

420-magazine-mobile1286409786.jpg

Any idea why my plants are growing super slow?

My previous grow was double this size in half the time. Same strain.

Day 58 of Vegetation on 18/6

CFL grow, have about 300w worth of mixed 2700/6500 with majority being 6500

Medium: soil/perlite 70/30

Feed pH @ 7
Runoff pH @ 7.5

Watering on average every 5 days. Runoff around 20%

Temperature
Lights on: 77
Off: 66

One Topped, one FIMed and other flux.

Really don't think they're root bound, these are bigger pots than I ended with on previous grow.

Try watering a bit earlier I'd say .

Yep. Soil was definitely a little hot. I would just leave them. The damage has been done. The new growth should be fine. They are going to start a little slower though from the stress.
Things will bounce back.
My man.::Samuel L Jackson voice:: I frikkin love this guy I swear. Sponsors should seriously take notes.

My man.::Samuel L Jackson voice:: I frikkin love this guy I swear. Sponsors should seriously take notes.

I'm a grower too guys and gals :)
I love helping people grow. I just don't want people to think I'm spamming there page because I'm a sponsor profile.
I also have to make sure not to post on other Led companies threads or sponsorships . So I tread lightly ;)
I really appreciate the kind words man.

Hey quick question? I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question to ask. But please bear with me and if I am not allowed to ask this then please let me know. But my question is. Is there any brothers and sisters out there that would be willing to gift any indoor grow materials that they don't wish to use or need anymore.I am poor and trying to get something up and going on a $0 budget so any kind of donation would be greatly appreciated.

Ok I trust you! Im not a soil guy... the first thing I noticed when I zoomed in on the center of the front plant was a fan leaf with a a dead tip pointing straight down. What about should the Ph of the runoff be? Jw

7.5 is a little high for runoff pH but that's to be expected to a certain extent. I'm not sure that runoff is a very accurate representation of the soil pH overall personally. He mentioned he was watering with 2 cups of water (about 500 ml) and getting about 100 mL of runoff. The thing is if you pour in 500 mL of Solution A, then what comes out on the bottom in 100 mL is probably going to be more concentrated because of all the non-solubles and other solids that just pass right through and aren't caught up in the soil.

Plus, soil is a little different, especially if living soil, because the microlife will buffer the pH.

JGibs420, try giving them just one cup. Let them get really dried out before watering again. Then I'd also suggest pH'ing your input to 6.5 instead of 7. Sometimes with high runoff like that, you could try pH'ing even lower to get the run-off in the right range, but I'd be cautious about dropping down below 6, or too quickly. Start giving it 6.5 pH'd water, about half as much as you are now at the same frequency and see how they improve in about a week. Your leaves should pick back up in perkiness and if your runoff continues to be that high, then try pH'ing your inputs somewhere in the lower 6-6.5 range. I like to aim for about a 6.3 in Happy Frog that leaves me at 7.5, and my runoff will stay at 6.8 afterward--to give an example.

What kind of soil is it and what kind of inputs are you using?

Hi guys , first post from a noob.

My setup is 1/1 m tent (for now) 1 mars reflector 190, and a big 250w cfl.

Plants stayed way too long in some small pots , I got new 20L pots now and ordered coco+perlite but I'm scared to do the transplant.

3 white widow, 3 dutch passion ultimate, 3 Big BUD , 45 days from putting seeds in water.

temp in the tent is about 20 celsius and rh 60% (cold temps outside and seems I have too much air circulation . will adres that when I get some cash. heating the place is out of the question but I'll go for 600w hps +leds in bloom hope that's gonna raise the temps a bit.

Yesterday I measured my tap water ph (8.5) and it actually went higher in the tub I let it bubble .. ec is 0.64

I got 2 questions/problems

Anyone attempted transfer from soil to coco/perlite?

If such a thing is possible, would it be better to wash the roots of all the soil? or some soil wouldn't change much ?

I keep reading, that ph of soil should be different than hydro/cocos so ... guess we will see.

Thanks

Hi guys , first post from a noob.

My setup is 1/1 m tent (for now) 1 mars reflector 190, and a big 250w cfl.

Plants stayed way too long in some small pots , I got new 20L pots now and ordered coco+perlite but I'm scared to do the transplant.

3 white widow, 3 dutch passion ultimate, 3 Big BUD , 45 days from putting seeds in water.

temp in the tent is about 20 celsius and rh 60% (cold temps outside and seems I have too much air circulation . will adres that when I get some cash. heating the place is out of the question but I'll go for 600w hps +leds in bloom hope that's gonna raise the temps a bit.

Yesterday I measured my tap water ph (8.5) and it actually went higher in the tub I let it bubble .. ec is 0.64

I got 2 questions/problems

Anyone attempted transfer from soil to coco/perlite?

If such a thing is possible, would it be better to wash the roots of all the soil? or some soil wouldn't change much ?

I keep reading, that ph of soil should be different than hydro/cocos so ... guess we will see.

Thanks

Yes you can transplant in to coco from soil. No need to wash of any roots or anything like that. Just transfer them over.
When I transplant, I like to put the container the plant is in now inside of the container I am going to fill. In example, If you are transplanting from a solo cup into a 1gallon container. Add a little soil in the 1gal then place the solo cup inside. Then proceed to fill around the solo cup until the 1gal is halfway full. Then pull the solo cup out. (This will leave an nice impression/ pocket for your plant to slide right into.)
After you remove the solo cup and can see the pocket it made. You can then transplant, and fill the 1gal the rest of the way.
Please tell me this makes sense. I'm pretty baked this morning. Hope that helped.

Thanks, that makes sense ... wonder why I didn't think of that earlier .

What about the ph requirement difference? guess I'm overthinking this a bit .

It's not my first grow, I had a hydro failure a few months ago and started again in soil ... I'm always rushed by events/life .

I just want to see the girls grow up and next time will have a nice hydro installation ready.

and what about my low temps, I read many journals here and nobody has low temp problems, it's usually the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom