Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

So I should feed?

I wouldn't know . Your probably close to harvest at 9 week flowering stage how long of a flower time it call for? Those are usually just time frames . Never rely on them .

Not sure how long it needs .

Go by the trichromes bro
420-magazine-mobile793505162.jpg

I think I will feed because even though I am not confident in my ability to see when the trichromes get cloudy due to inexperience, I know they are standing straight out

I think I will feed because even though I am not confident in my ability to see when the trichromes get cloudy due to inexperience, I know they are standing straight out

eBay jewelry loupe 40x-60times magnifying lenses i recommend 10$

Can you have too much light?

I know that if the lights are too close it can burn your girls, but can you ever have too much/many light sources??

I have a Seedman "Auto skunk #1" under a 300watt CFL and 2 150 watt CFLs. Is this too much light?

Soil grow in a 5 gal bucket

I know that if the lights are too close it can burn your girls, but can you ever have too much/many light sources??

I have a Seedman "Auto skunk #1" under a 300watt CFL and 2 150 watt CFLs. Is this too much light?

No thats only 600w. You would need alot more than that to cause a prob. Are they 2700k cfls? Red spectrum.

Hey Guys back with a update things haven't gotten better and id like To know what you guys think. Water going in is about 7 feeding half strength latetly been giving nitrogen with part veg with bloom nut
420-magazine-mobile280392558.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1300993828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile49859940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1813277455.jpg
so like I said I know there sick the problem now is that the fan leaves that we're getting yellow and had brown spots and we're eventually dying off are now appearing on the fan leaves if anyone responds to this when I get home from work(on the way home ) I'll post a pic of what it looks like what I'm wondering is do I add more nut or do I just start my flush and cut a little early this is about week 7 the strain is skunk disel still have part clear pistols and it's supposed to be a 10 week strain. If all the fan leaves fall off will the buds stop growing? Also she's Hermed on me 2 weeks ago so I've been picking them off as they appear luckily I don't think they've had any pollen cause I can't see any pollen that's fallen onto other auger leaves agains thanks again for all the help you guys have given to me. This is my first time getting my plant to flower so I will learn from this and put what I've learned this grow into my next one
420-magazine-mobile627593641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1313855050.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2065339343.jpg

Hey Guys back with a update things haven't gotten better and id like To know what you guys think. Water going in is about 7 feeding half strength latetly been giving nitrogen with part veg with bloom nut
420-magazine-mobile280392558.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1300993828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile49859940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1813277455.jpg
so like I said I know there sick the problem now is that the fan leaves that we're getting yellow and had brown spots and we're eventually dying off are now appearing on the fan leaves if anyone responds to this when I get home from work(on the way home ) I'll post a pic of what it looks like what I'm wondering is do I add more nut or do I just start my flush and cut a little early this is about week 7 the strain is skunk disel still have part clear pistols and it's supposed to be a 10 week strain. If all the fan leaves fall off will the buds stop growing? Also she's Hermed on me 2 weeks ago so I've been picking them off as they appear luckily I don't think they've had any pollen cause I can't see any pollen that's fallen onto other auger leaves agains thanks again for all the help you guys have given to me. This is my first time getting my plant to flower so I will learn from this and put what I've learned this grow into my next one
420-magazine-mobile627593641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1313855050.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2065339343.jpg
Water going in is 7... may you clarify? Are u speaking ph? If so thats pretty high. What are you in? Soil or hydro?
It immediately looks like nitrogen deficiency. Are u adding cal mag? More info please

It all depends on the size of the grow space!
I am using 10/23w then I upgraded to 8/23w- 2/45w to pump the lumens up. Im growing in a 4sqft box with an area of about 10.38cft

It all depends on the size of the grow space!
I am using 10/23w then I upgraded to 8/23w- 2/45w to pump the lumens up. Im growing in a 4sqft box with an area of about 10.38cft
I mean ive use 1000w lights in a 4x4 tent before. And also the multiple light sources are fine...probably preferable since you're using fairly low wattage. Just ventilate properly.

I am running 10 cfls , 23 watts(100 watt equivalent) each.....10/23w.... Then upgraded to 2, 45 watts ( 200 watt equivalent) with the 8, 23 watt cfls
Also....IMO.... the equivalence factor is bs... the wattage is either being output or not. Some can get near equivalence but never equivalent

Well thats good to take notes on since its my first grow and just been gaing knowledge through here and grow books minimal equipment..
No worries i fam....i started my firat grow 8 years ago with cfl just like yours....i had over 12 cfl in there with the dual Y connectors hanging vertically. But trust me... when or if you ever get a chance... make the investment in a solid light since you're already investing your time. Nothing wrong with a 400w hps for a beginner. Any help u need I'm here

Also....IMO.... the equivalence factor is bs... the wattage is either being output or not. Some can get near equivalence but never equivalent

Thank Like

I agree ^^

Output is output when it comes to wattagè. Its just marketing to get buyers to part with their €€££$$. I would say minimum requirement for any grow worthwile would be 400w per m2 (4'x4') any less is a waste of 3 months. You may get some wèed but grams rather than ozs and too be fair you can fit a 400w hps in amall spacee. But again if space is too small its not going to produce much of anything. I would advize anyone who starts to grow who must use the bare minimum for whatevér reason to find a 1m2 space with at least 1.5m height so 4"×4'x5'.

As for too much light its def possible. For example if you use powerful LED lights they can bleach the plants heavily and evn kill them, it happened to me when i was figuring out using 1030w draw LEDS but its much more common tòo run too little light, i see it alot on this forum now. It never used to be as prevelant until people started using LED lights. I like LED and there are some fantastic lights there now, however there are more bad ones which are what gibe LED lighting a bad name. Without going off on a tangent the point I want to make is that light and space should be number 1 consideration to any grow.

With the CFLs they dont have powerful penetration so it is beter to space them around the plant. Id go for all red spectrum in flower tjough with maybe 1 small 6400k light.

Back
Top Bottom