Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Friends I just checked my trichs there only 50% milky. Im in week 8. I've started flushing last week, however my plant hasn't lightened up all that much. What can I do? Restart feeding , harvest. What happens if I harvest now. All new to me. Never heard of atrich till I got on thurs forum. Lol

Friends I just checked my trichs there only 50% milky. Im in week 8. I've started flushing last week, however my plant hasn't lightened up all that much. What can I do? Restart feeding , harvest. What happens if I harvest now. All new to me. Never heard of atrich till I got on thurs forum. Lol

Don't restart feeding, just keep giving them water and wait it out.

Are you trying to get mostly amber or what? 50% cloudy I wouldn't cut yet for sure, but if you're trying to get it just mostly cloudy wait until you can only see a couple of cloudy ones and they're mostly all opaque, and maybe a few ambers.

If you want mostly amber you'll probably have a few more weeks wait, but I don't know so much about that since I don't like to go until amber. I like to cut when I just start seeing a couple ambers, and then over the dry time the bud is still alive and will ripen the rest out until it's just 90% cloudy/ 10% amber.

If you harvest now you'll just have less overall potency than you would have, a little less weed than you would have, but it would still taste good and get you high. Heck I've cut down plants at mid-way through flower before just because I needed space, and they still smoke pretty good--provided you don't use a lot of synthetic nutrients otherwise the unflusned flavor can be harsh.

But that's probably one reason to wait is if you've only been flushing since last week. Most people suggest 2 weeks. It's never really mattered for me but I don't really use a lot of nutrients, I top out at like 600 ppm feeds when I use synthetics and have been using organic the last two rounds.

Here check out this thread it's the one I like.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

When you cut small buds from your plant to test them, you want to concentrate on the stalked glandular trichomes. The coloration of the gland heads can vary with different strains and maturity, but most start with clear or slightly amber heads that gradually become cloudy or opaque when THC levels have peaked and are beginning to degrade. Regardless of the initial color of the trichomes, with careful observation you should be able to see a change in coloration as maturity levels off. Some cultivators wait for about half of the trichomes to go opaque before harvesting to ensure maximum THC levels in the finished product. However, you will also want to try samples at various stages to see what is best for you. While you may be increasing the total THC level in the cannabis by allowing half of the glands to go opaque, there will also be a larger percentage of CBN, which is why some people choose to harvest earlier while most of the trichomes are still clear.

I did cut my Blackberry Kush at half cloudy half opaque the first time, and when I got it tested, it had super low CBN numbers. I haven't had any analyzed since then, but the second time I ran it I let it get like 90% opaque and a few cloudy, and I feel like it was more potent. I bet the lack of any real CBN numbers means I could have it go longer. You can make out the clear trichomes in the 230x shot too if you zoom in...

Here check it out:
Screenshot_2017-11-28_22-14-24.png

Yes makes sense. I like clean simple effective. One bucket dwc is probably my next lean. I don't mind spending time in the grow room but there are other things on my plate. You know anything about mazar or cosmic queen strains. I have some full-on northern lights auto nd enjoying them, but just looking forward.

Hehe as someone who just grew a one bucket DWC plant I'd say go for it! DWC is mental, lots of work to maintain the res conditions though especially if its just a single bucket as the reservoir. Cheap though I built my DWC bucket for under £20 (dont buy the parts at a grow shop they are mental expensive) the yield makes it all worth it. DWC has the fastest growth of any method I've ever seen.

Hey fertilizer what's the mind set on these nurse that auto ph? I've been using them and check the ph like a good gadrenergic
and find they ph as advertised, but still alittle leery as it seems to easy, they are part a nd part b, and the numbers add up. They good to go or should I stop being lazy ..

Will do, thanks Hey, what's the difference between "nute toxicity" and "nute burn"?

it looks more like N toxicity ... the plant has to much N and reacts by clawing and curling the leaves under and becomes also very dark green ...you didnt mension what ph you have your water at and if ye check if it drifts over time ... be vigilant ! hydro can kill plants in hours in extreme cases ... deficiencies progress waay faster in hydro both in a good as a bad way ... just saying hehe dont wanna scare you .... always keep your cool when growing cannabis hehe i paniced in the past and messed up even more cause of not thinking it through before making amendments ;)

it looks more like N toxicity ... the plant has to much N and reacts by clawing and curling the leaves under and becomes also very dark green ...you didnt mension what ph you have your water at and if ye check if it drifts over time ... be vigilant ! hydro can kill plants in hours in extreme cases ... deficiencies progress waay faster in hydro both in a good as a bad way ... just saying hehe dont wanna scare you .... always keep your cool when growing cannabis hehe i paniced in the past and messed up even more cause of not thinking it through before making amendments ;)
PH drifts between 5.7 and 6.1, usually a pretty consistent 5.8. I check it twice daily... Always thought I'd see tip burn before it'd reach a point of nute toxicity.

Funny having N toxicity when I'm only using the micro and bloom part of the GH Trio. I'm not even adding the Nitro component of the series
PH drifts between 5.7 and 6.1, usually a pretty consistent 5.8. I check it twice daily... Always thought I'd see tip burn before it'd reach a point of nute toxicity.

I just lost 3 plants from nitrogen poisoning. I gave them vegg nutes by mistake during bloom and holy hell they died fast. First the claw, thwn the leaves turned brown and fell off. Plants were dead within a couple of days even if I discovered it less than 24 hours later and did 2 flushes. So don't do that fuck up.

Hey fertilizer what's the mind set on these nurse that auto ph? I've been using them and check the ph like a good gadrenergic
and find they ph as advertised, but still alittle leery as it seems to easy, they are part a nd part b, and the numbers add up. They good to go or should I stop being lazy ..

I've never used them and have always been suspicious of them. The whole "PH Perfect" line of Fox Farms is like that too, but I'm not really sure how they work and I would just make sure to check the pH of the solution first if you wanted to try them. It's probably easier to pH if anything else. I've always found that with most synthetic nutrients, that if you mix according to the directions, you're generally in the slightly acidic range anyway.

pH drifting can cause that wringled/ruffled look in your leaves too. What kind of air flow do you have going over the top of them? That looks like wind burn too, the leaves start looking like some up-turned canoes. But that claw is usually N toxicity, and sometimes you won't always see burn before you see N toxicity. The way they're curling down, and then up, like some elf shoes, is a pretty good give away.

I've never grown straight hydro, but I'd never give my plants 600 PPM even in soil until they were much larger than that.

Back
Top Bottom