Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Well thats good to take notes on since its my first grow and just been gaing knowledge through here and grow books minimal equipment..

If you are brand new to growing check my current journal out. I have everything from germination to harvest. Plus lots if other cool things like selecting mother plants and cloning when i get to that point. The journal is still only a dozen pages so jump in and learn, ask any questions you like. Its mostly growing in coco coir but there will be othwr hydroponic set ups and alot of what you see will be transferable to soil. I didnt catch what you were growing in but if its soil the sooner you ditch it the better.

Good luck :thumb:

No worries i fam....i started my firat grow 8 years ago with cfl just like yours....i had over 12 cfl in there with the dual Y connectors hanging vertically. But trust me... when or if you ever get a chance... make the investment in a solid light since you're already investing your time. Nothing wrong with a 400w hps for a beginner. Any help u need I'm here
Righteous bro thank you. I also have a 3.5ft x 4ft x 7ft tent in use running cfls just because I ran out of room lol .
420-magazine-mobile220178529.jpg

I am using 4 y connectors total a pair in my "frankenbox" and a pair in the tent.
420-magazine-mobile1087850086.jpg

Hey cultivator and blunts...
Would love for yall to take the journey with me as well in this 4000w grow journal.
Cultiv i just subd to urs

My First Journal - 4000W GG#4 WW & Many Other Strains - All Are Welcome Here
Im using Mobile phone so the layout is tricky the navigate .. so if you guys ... king of kings and cultivator please add me to friends so I can easily manoeuvre on PC lol ... my sec grow will be my first journal. So unorganized with this grow

Ok today after another look, I've found my sugar leafs are 80% cloudy but my actual bud is about 50/50 with a few ambers. I'm not an expert but I'm thinking about 2 weeks. But I'm hoping someone can enlighten me if I'm on the correct path in my thinking.

Ok today after another look, I've found my sugar leafs are 80% cloudy but my actual bud is about 50/50 with a few ambers. I'm not an expert but I'm thinking about 2 weeks. But I'm hoping someone can enlighten me if I'm on the correct path in my thinking.

Go with your gut man!

Yeah sugar leaf trichomes generally amber up faster than the ones on the bud. They've been around longer than the ones on the calyxes so they're more mature in general.

We regretted chopping down our first grow early (super silver haze and jock horror autoflower). We were not aware of the buds needing to have the amber trichomes - there were lots on the sugar leaves though. Once dried and cured we ended up with a less than satisfying high. We won't make the mistake of harvesting too early again. In my opinion, we should have waited the extra few weeks.

Water going in is 7... may you clarify? Are u speaking ph? If so thats pretty high. What are you in? Soil or hydro?
It immediately looks like nitrogen deficiency. Are u adding cal mag? More info please

I'm in fox farm soil using there line up of nutes while adding molasses and cal mag there line up tell me to stop adding there veg nut but I've herd before that I might have nitrogen deficiency so I've been adding the veg nut plus the cal mag and molasses after getting home from work more leaves were yellow with this brown spots and about 4 leaves were yellow enough to give a slight pull and have it come off. However I will say that there def fattening up. I would just like to know if you think it's time to start flushing and cut my losses or can I still make progress with the problems I have

I'm in fox farm soil using there line up of nutes while adding molasses and cal mag there line up tell me to stop adding there veg nut but I've herd before that I might have nitrogen deficiency so I've been adding the veg nut plus the cal mag and molasses after getting home from work more leaves were yellow with this brown spots and about 4 leaves were yellow enough to give a slight pull and have it come off. However I will say that there def fattening up. I would just like to know if you think it's time to start flushing and cut my losses or can I still make progress with the problems I have
You've got a lot going on there my friend, why are you still adding veg nutrients if you are 7 weeks into flower? Your veg nutrients could be causing part of the issue, although I get it if you thought you were nitrogen deficient. Molasses can't hurt, it can only benefit the microorganism count in your soil. Me it looks like a mixture of nitrogen deficiency and over-watering.

I too am using the fox farm ocean forest soil on this grow and at around the seven week Mark, I noticed a deficiency of calcium. That is exactly where I am at in my journal presently if you want to swing by and take a look. Turns out, it was not Calcium deficiency but more so a pH problem. You're pH at 7.0 might not be a bad thing if you measure your pH runoff and it's low......like say 6.2 or something. If that's the case, then that means that your root zone is in and around the halfway point between the two points putting you at a pH of about 6.6. That being said, if your pH is correct then the problem is elsewhere..... Start with your pH runoff and what you are giving them and get back to us with the two readings.

I agree with 4dutches. You are still in veg by the sound of it. Although defoliation is a widley debated topic, i can gice only personal opinion and experience. Ive yet to do a scientific test to test defoliation. I persinaally just hate triming buds the size of ny pinky nail.

What would do is, one week before flower flip I would be foliate each individual stem all the way up to the last for nodes. I am basically only trying to leave the portion of the plant that is receiving light. If one week before the flip after bending my plant down during low-stress training, if I am still having stems below the canopy I would pull those stems by snipping them. Once they have recovered & you've done the flip and they've been in flower for the first week and a half ( during main stretch), I personally then hover over the top of your canopy line which will be much taller now and only pull fan leaves that are covering bud sites.

Personal strategy. Seens to help make bigger main colors and reduce the work during trimming

The thing Im finding out about defoiling is do a lil each week so its not so much at one time. Some strains will need more than others. I need to lollypop more today and Im in the 4 week of flower. I want all the lollypopping to be done by now.
Heres my 3rd tent run ever!
20171130_073738.jpg
20171130_073642.jpg
20171130_073623.jpg

They are done!!! Pick a few buds today and the rest in a week. Double harvest her. Your getting towards the end of the window. Definitely passed half way. I used to think wait for half Amber but its degrading in Amber.

What does a green seaweed colour mean when it's slime on outside of fabric pots ? Any idea any one ?

Doesn't sound like anything you want. Algae? Sounds yucky .

Okay I noticed it last harvest I ran them through laundry. Since I been feeding just the outside of on of pots as some still coming so I've been wiping everyday to try to get rid of it. Crap prob why I had pest problem too with hope dang

Back
Top Bottom