Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I am n new grower but from what ive seen male flowers are sacks but this is my first grow .... will those become the sacks ? pre flower as in before sacks ok ... female would have two pistles right ?

I grew back about 15 years ago and had never heard of preflowers back then. But my recent research shows that you can tell sex sometime between 4-8 weeks into veg by looking at preflowers. You should see either small pointy calyxes with two pistils (=female) or a stem with a ball or a 'crab claw' type of thing (=male).

would you say this is male prefolwer ?
420-magazine-mobile741595594.jpg

Thoughts on Iguana fertilizer? 1st time grower and on 2nd group- did well with 1st harvest but looking to get bigger yet healthy yield , also manifolding 4 white widows- 1st time . Any suggestions and info is greatly appreciated .

Both look ready.

I can't tell from the picture...it's a little too blurry.
Thanks MotaFina for getting back to me on that one after further inspection i saw the most beautiful sight pistols looks like 3 female and 1 male but not 100% sure on the one male as its only one sigle ball and not lifted by a stem ... i will try and get a better pic later and post

I didn't realize you could Top auto's- thought they were so complex yet do their own thing, timing is obviously everything- mine Just sprouted, so when about could this be done?

The general rule is top between day 14 and day 21 or so. That gives the plant ample time to recover and add new growth before it flowers.

420-magazine-mobile867540790.jpg

This is how I found them

I find that misting my plants in addition to watering has been successful in cases of under watering. I'm not saying it's mandatory but that with my own personal statistics it has shown to be helpful. Do not excess as water could decrease your nitrogen level and may slow development.

The general rule is top between day 14 and day 21 or so. That gives the plant ample time to recover and add new growth before it flowers.

may i add that there is more then timing in age-wise but also look at your plant when its happy and thriving it will hardly slow down after a top ... if you have a plant that has issues even small ones you can stunt the hell out of those cause the added stress and the stress that already existed will push the plant over its treshold. thats my thought on auto topping

Back
Top Bottom