Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I have a question maybe someone can help me with, i have 4 thc bomb autos, 3 of them have orange pistils already, is that normal for some pistils to turn orange this early, one of the thc bombs don't have the orange pistils yet, is that cause of a different pheno maybe, the leaves and everything look healthy on them and they do seem to be shooting out more white pistils also, the first two pics show the orange pistils and the last pic shows the only one that don't have the orange pistils. I worry about my girls and hope this is normal.✌
4ad1582d130d3133a9dce7b510fea464.jpg
3dee25fd5ca2c5d5be7ada8dc2eab97c.jpg
0de587498ea496d16198f2942d1b2bc2.jpg

I have a question maybe someone can help me with, i have 4 thc bomb autos, 3 of them have orange pistils already, is that normal for some pistils to turn orange this early, one of the thc bombs don't have the orange pistils yet, is that cause of a different pheno maybe, the leaves and everything look healthy on them and they do seem to be shooting out more white pistils also, the first two pics show the orange pistils and the last pic shows the only one that don't have the orange pistils. I worry about my girls and hope this is normal...
4ad1582d130d3133a9dce7b510fea464.jpg
3dee25fd5ca2c5d5be7ada8dc2eab97c.jpg
0de587498ea496d16198f2942d1b2bc2.jpg

I'm curious also. I thought they got orange when they were almost ready. But I'm on my first grow and not doing well, so don't depend on me.

But I hope someone chimes in with the correct answer so we know for sure. I learn something new everyday on this site!

I'm curious also. I thought they got orange when they were almost ready. But I'm on my first grow and not doing well, so don't depend on me.

But I hope someone chimes in with the correct answer so we know for sure. I learn something new everyday on this site!
Yea i have been trying to research it a little bit, seems like most people say it is normal, i sure hope it is lol.✌

Hello!!

I am growing a Special Queen#1 from royal queen seed in a 4 sq ft tent under a 150w UFO LED light.
The thing is, I started counting flowering from the day I turned 12/12, and this lady has 20-25 days left into flower.
I think she looks healthy, since she is not showing any signs of nute deficiency. However buds are not as developed as I think they should be, and not very dense as well...
This is the first time I grow under leds, so what do you guys think? Could it be my light that is too week to flower this plant? Maybe something else?

Will it change a lot in the next 20 days ? Should I flower it longer?

Thank you very much and sorry for so many questions

Peace _\|/_

:thanks::Namaste:

IMG_546011.JPG
IMG_54598.JPG
IMG_545810.JPG
IMG_54575.JPG

That's fairly interesting results from the 150w UFO, Im planning on ordering a few for extra lighting in my big tent, I think you've made my mind up for me.
As for your grow, I would start by moving the UFO as close as possible to the canopy, making sure it still covers the entire plant in its light arc.
I've had some surprising results from low watt LEDs, but I haven't done a full grow under low wattage.
Would sub up to your journal for the last of the flowering if you start one / have one.

Question for the organic folks -
I have a worm farm, fairly large, and it produces quite a bit of worm piss / compost juice that I catch from the drain hole.
I have used it, heavily diluted, during flowering on some outdoor girls and they seem to love it.
Is any body else doing something similar? What else / when should I be using it?

Have two seeds germinating, went to take a peak at them, one is taking off, the other looks sorta wilted? It's popped but it's root almost looks dead compared to the other one

Pics / germination method?
If they are old enough they might be ready to go into a cube / medium.. how long ago did you germinate?

Hope it works put bud.
Hi mate 3 of my plants have popped and are about 3 inches tall first small set of leaves I put them under a 250w hps and they have dropped over what could be the cause of this and can I rescue them. Is it best to let them get a few sets of leaves before putting them back under the lights

Ok 420 gang I have a quick questioned for the experienced growers on here. How do you correctly diagnose between nitrogen toxicity and overwatering? I know that may sound a silly question but both individual problems seem to display very similar symptoms? I have a small dilemma and I'm torn between the two diagnosis and for obvious reasons if I've overwatered I don't want to start leaching the plants incase I do more damage. I'm really annoyed at myself for allowing this to catch me out and I feel I already know which the issue is but with such a vast wealth of experience in here I thought I'd ask for some definitive differences between nitrogen toxicity and over watering symptoms. It could even be a combination of both but I've caught it early on the first sign of symptoms. My biggest concern is new growth looks very golden and yellow almost but big fan leaves are a much darker green with a little limpness and clawing/talons on the tips, the plants also displayed some leaf cupping but that appears to have corrected as I've gradually dried their pots out. So am I looking at N toxic or over watering? Right now I can't decide. The strains are Sensi Skunk and Master Kush. I've accompanied a few photos but they're not great as it's really windy out. Any input would be appreciated before this turns into something much worse in flower, thanks in advance guys and gals.

420-magazine-mobile497380919.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1059624086.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2004532079.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1776344877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2128253942.jpg

420-magazine-mobile441782779.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1841360132.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1026059613.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1399074886.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1255273171.jpg

No pic I'm at work. Paper towel method. It's in a cube now, ones taking off, the other one not so much.

I'd give it a week before you really worry..
those cubes hold plenty of water. I've had a seed get stuck in a cube, I pulled it out with tweezers (fragile, pale, alien looking thing) and put it back in the cube upright.. it wasn't growing well still so I again got the tweezers out, removed the root / stalk from the cube and put it straight into coco. I didn't think it would last the surgery, but it's healthy as can be now a few weeks later.
I've had seeds grow at different rates in cubes but after a week or so they sort themselves out and it's hard to tell which one was behind. A touch of lime juice while rehydrating the cubes seems to bring out the vitality in sprouts for me.
Good luck!

420-magazine-mobile174486476.jpg

It doesnt look like over watering to me, the entire leaf isnt affected. Theres a bit of nute burn showing with the leaf tips clawing slightly. Are you in soil or soiless? Whats your ph?

My thought too, I usually let em drain real good then tip em a little too. Not gonna mess with it at this stage just collecting knowledge. I dont let it sit too long.

Back
Top Bottom