Auto Caramelicious & Lowryder 2 Soil Grow - First Grow - Advice Needed!

Looks like you have some mild clawing on number 5 as well I'd say at the moment you have two options give a flush and cut back on the nutes a hair or start giving the nutes at same strength just every other watering giving phed water in between. Also if you took closely at the tips of number two you will notice an almost glossy texture of the tips which I found was the first stage of clawing i had the same thing happen to me just cut the nutes down a little check the temps at canopy. Looks spot on tho man really clean setup:goodjob:

Good eyes on spotting the issues with the other plants! The 3 older plants I fed 1/2 dose FoxFarm nutes throughout veg and didn't see nute burn from that. The 3 younger plants I went with a FULL dose FoxFarm nutes hence the issues we see with them today. I had actually watered them w/ 6.4 PH water the day I first identified the issue and then yesterday I reduced to a 1/2 dose of FoxFarm nutes. Looks like full dose of FoxFarm nutes during veg = very bad lol. Hopefully they bounce back soon!

have you thought of using a mh bulb for the beginning of there lives it would cut down the stretch a bit
For the 3 older plants I actually did use mh bulb for the beginning of there lives. The reason they are stretched is due to me having the light too far away. I had the light about 2-3 feet away from the plants when they should have been 12-18 inches away. The reason why I switched the entire tent to HPS is because the older plants were flowering. Lessons learned on that one as far as ensuring the light is close to the plants to prevent stretch. Good call out!

By the way, I checked temp at canopy level and it was at 86. So certainty an opportunity to reduce. On a related note, I have decided to switch to LED! Some will hate me for this decision but it makes sense for my situation. The cost of the LED lights will be high but I have done the math and I will see my return on investment in 1 year! I live in desert climate and it is extremely hot during summer months. Luckily right now it is winter so I am able to control heat w/o an AC but in the summer months I can only imagine the cost of running 2x 600w HPS + an AC all day long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that LED will prevent me from using an AC at all! :)

You've been a big help Spart! Thanks for tagging along :thanks:

86 is kinda high. I'm planning on switching to led as well make sure that when you do you find a good cal/mag your plants are gonna use it fast in the soil. I'm gonna use alg-a-mic a organic seaweed mix from biobizz. Yeah I know what you mean here it never snows right now lights off the lowest it gets is 15*. I'm planning on getting a mars-hydro 400w for my little 60 x 60cm tent.
link for lights...
Mars Hydro

86 is kinda high. I'm planning on switching to led as well make sure that when you do you find a good cal/mag your plants are gonna use it fast in the soil. I'm gonna use alg-a-mic a organic seaweed mix from biobizz.

Yup 86 is kinda high! Must be the reason for the mild tacoing. Can you explain what you mean by cal/mag and why it'll be used fast in the soil when switching to LED? Your help is appreciated.

Yeah calcium/magnesium for some reason while using led the plants seem to use it up way quicker then with hps or cfl (with cfl they seem not to use as much nitrogen). So an additive is needed like either GH cal/mag or biobizz alg-a-mic which is a sea weed extract. Personally I use the biobizz entire line of nutes it's organic and I've never had a nute burn I've had a bit of clawing but that because I was using both fishmix and bloom under cfl so i ended up with mild clawing.

Here's off there website for the alg-a-mic and cl/mag+. I honestly have been growing for years and have never had nute burn from the biobizz line. Which ever brand you end up going with go slowly with the doses and see what the plant can take each plant each strain is different and you will need to watch closely as you add more of the additives using an organic supplement will lower the risk of burning but at he same time watch closely for toxicity (the plant will tell you what it needs).

Alg·A·Mic™
What is Alg·A·Mic™ ?
Alg·A·Mic™ destresses the plant after overfeeding, deficiencies, plant diseases or after temperature differences. A stress-free plant results in larger fruits. Besides, Alg·A·Mic™ ensures green leaves, by stimulating the absorption of chlorophyll.
How to use Alg·A·Mic™
Alg·A·Mic™ contains a low level of NPK, therefore it is impossible to create an Alg·A·Mic™ overdose. Alg·A·Mic™ can be used on every substrate, during the flowering- and growing period. Biobizz advises a dose of 1-4ml per liter water. Follow our grow schedule for the best results.
Seawead extracts in Alg·A·Mic™
Alg·A·Mic™ is a revitalizing product made from a high grade, organic seaweed concentrate extracted through cold pressing rather than chemical solvents. It contains a high level of natural nutrition that caters to the whole spectrum of plants needs, resulting in exuberant green foliage.

or calmag+
CaMg+ provides a natural source of Calcium & Magnesium, critical elements in a plants growth cycle. Biologically catalyzed from dolomite lime & natural plant extracts, the use of organic compounds increases calcium & magnesium transport into the plants, optimizing metabolism, enhancing growth & creating healthier flowers & fruits.

In situations with RO water or in soilless media, which contains no calcium, use CaMg+ in addition to BioThrive to get all of the nutrients required for vigorous plant growth.

either way go with one that has 0,0,0 (n,p,k levels) no risk of burning when it's an additive/supplement.
Keep it green any more question don't hesitate to ask we are all here on the forum to help in anyway we can.
tumblr_mwt45l4yR31swttsso1_4001.gif

You are lucky to have Spart mentor you through this process. I can't offer a heck of a lot of advice since I'm only neck deep in my first grow but I can tell you that my own RH has been extremely low throughout my grow and it hasn't seemed to be a huge negative. I also kept my nutes at a minimum and have never delivered the full dose as recommended on the packaging. I think the plants I'm running do best on a leaner formula but I do know that some cultivars are particularly needy and greedy.

In any case, I think your plants look great! I love how fast they grow. It makes every day an adventure!

spart said:
Yeah calcium/magnesium for some reason while using led the plants seem to use it up way quicker then with hps

Thanks for the info Spart! I'll be ordering CaMg+ and possibly Alg·A·Mic

I can tell you that my own RH has been extremely low throughout my grow and it hasn't seemed to be a huge negative.

Thanks for stopping by applegate! I'm glad to hear that the low RH hasn't been a big issue.

The switch to LED is complete! I ended up purchasing 2x Platinum LED P9-XML2 lights. I created an unboxing video which can be seen here:
[video=youtube;ibPHHdts4qE]
[/video]

The Alg-a-mic will help the plants to recover from any damage that might have occurred it's great stuff plus completely organic and can be used as a folic spray. That LED looks like a beast great buy. I've been hearing great things about cal/mag+ as well I personally only use Biobizz but that's mainly personal preference. Also that's an awesome idea hanging the normal floor fan from the ceiling like that. I would suggest using some twist ties,o-rings to keep it there :p

that's an awesome idea hanging the normal floor fan from the ceiling like that. I would suggest using some twist ties,o-rings to keep it there :p

Thanks! I actually had it zip-tied but took it down. It got in the way since I switched to LED :/

Question: How will I know when I'm two weeks prior to harvest? I don't want to stop nutes too late/early. As of right now, plant #3 is starting to frost quite a bit and some of the hairs are changing from white to orange. What visual indicators will I need to look out for? I can take pics if needed.

Week 7 Update!

The ladies are getting big! I am so excited to see how far they've come.

Here is my week 7 grow vlog!:
[video=youtube;oUxckBho5_c]
[/video]

Plant #1- Lowryder 2 (in 3 gal pot) - Day 47
Grew from 20" to 28" WoW. This plant still isn't flowering yet! :( I may have to switch to 12/12 light schedule. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes.
011017.jpg

02706.jpg

Plant #2- Lowryder 2 (in 5 gal pot) - Day 36
Unable to measure height due to LST. Currently giving 1/2 dose FoxFarm nutes.
03703.jpg

04504.jpg

Plant #3- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 47
Grew from 28.5" to 33" WoW. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes.
05306.jpg

06187.jpg

Plant #4- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 47
Grew from 30" to 38" WoW. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes.
07165.jpg

08147.jpg

Plant #5- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 36
Unable to measure height due to LST. Currently giving 1/2 dose FoxFarm nutes.
09132.jpg

10606.jpg

Plant #6- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 36
Grew from 9.5" to 22.5" WoW. Currently giving 1/2 dose FoxFarm nutes.
111200.jpg

121063.jpg

Please reply with questions/comments/concerns. Thanks! :thanks:

Deja vu! I was over checking out MrMiracleGro's journal and the progress of his plant and until he posted a picture of it in a bathtub I had no concept of how big it really was. It's the same thing with most of the pictures on the journals. When I look at the pictures of your beautiful plants if you hadn't provided the height of each one I wouldn't have a clue that they are as big as they are.

Why is it the camera never captures the true size and majesty of our plants? Huh? Huh?

Back
Top Bottom