Auto Caramelicious & Lowryder 2 Soil Grow - First Grow - Advice Needed!

When I look at the pictures of your beautiful plants if you hadn't provided the height of each one I wouldn't have a clue that they are as big as they are. Why is it the camera never captures the true size and majesty of our plants? Huh? Huh?

LOL! I always thought the same thing! As a first-time grower, I wasn't sure how much the plant would grow each week so that's why I started keeping track and posting it with the pics.

Emilya said:
What a beautiful finish this is going to be! I had to come in and watch!

Thanks for stopping by! :circle-of-love:

MzSiroz said:
Just stopped by to catch up and your plants are looking smoketastic! I'm glad you got your new lights too! Can't wait for the dry weight and smoke report.

Yeah I'm digging the new lights! So much easier to control temp and RH! Thanks for stopping by! :tokin:

Week 8 Update!

I've been super busy lately so sorry for the lack of updates. There are a few problems on some of the plants which I've listed below. In the future, I will take all pics and videos having only the clear XML light on and the veg/bloom switches off. This should provide better photos and clearer videos for you all.

I need to identify a better position for the heater, fan, and humidifier in the tent as those three things take up a corner of the tent. I'd like to fit more plants in on my next grow. Suggestions are appreciated.

Here is my week 8 grow vlog!:
[video=youtube;dgTAsksL1Us]
[/video]

Plant #1- Unknown Strain (in 3 gal pot) - Day 59 from seed (Week 1 of flower)
Grew from 28" to 39" WoW. Switch to 12/12 light schedule and the plant has now started to flower! I topped her and pruned her also. I will continue to prune/defol her through week 3 of flower. I need to keep her in shape since my tent is limited on space. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm veg nutes. I plan to switch to flower nutes next feeding.
Image110029.jpg
Image35955.jpg
Image210016.jpg

Plant #2- Lowryder 2 (in 5 gal pot) - Day 48
Unable to measure height due to LST. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes. I am seeing calcium deficiency on this plant. I have Cal/Mag but looks like I started giving it to her too late. I plan to double the next cal/mag dose and then give 1tsp per gal every feeding until flush. Fingers crossed for a strong recovery.
Image51020.jpg
Image61015.jpg
Image71010.jpg

Plant #3- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 59
No new height growth WoW; plant is at 33" tall. Just gave this plant its last dose of nutes (half dose FF nutes) and now the plant will be flushed for 2 weeks. I am seeing nitrogen deficiency on a few leaves but from my understanding this is ok this close to harvest. Plant has about 40% orange hairs and trichomes are mostly cloudy with some amber. Estimated that I will chop it down on day 75.
Image81010.jpg
Image91004.jpg

Plant #4- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 59
Grew from 38" to 39" WoW. Gave a 1/2 dose FoxFarm nutes yesterday which may be the last batch of nutes that I give to this plant. I am seeing nitrogen deficiency with this plant as well but as stated above, this is ok this close to harvest. Plant is about 25% orange hairs, mostly cloudy with some clear and some amber trichomes. Estimated that I will chop it down on day 77-80.
Image101002.jpg
Image111003.jpg

Plant #5- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 48
Unable to measure height due to LST. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes. Lots of "tops" being formed on this one since I did LST. Unfortunately, I had the heater too close to the plant and it burned some of the leaves on the side of the plant. I have re-positioned the heater to blow the hot hair more towards the side of the tent.
Image121000.jpg
Image131001.jpg

Plant #6- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 48
Grew from 9.5" to 22.5" WoW. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes. I'm loving how the branches on this plant come out quite a bit. This should allow thick budsites on all branches. Once I harvest plants 3 & 4, that'll allow more room for this one to spread out and fill up!
Image141002.jpg
Image151001.jpg

Please reply with questions/comments/concerns. Thanks! :thanks:

All the girls look fabulous. And #3 is a stunner. And since you're already planning to make room for more plants, what's up next on your "must grow" list?

Good question! Next up will be photo-period plants for sure. I'll most likely grow Super Sweet Tooth, Blueberry, and Jack Herer. Both the SST and Blueberry came from 'marijuana-seeds dot nl' and the SST is feminized. The Blueberry and Jack are regular seeds and the Jack actually came from a random bud I smoked. So no idea of the genetics on that one. You can bet your ass I'll be using your journal as a guide for when I grow Jack! :Namaste:

Week 9 Update!

I hope you all like the pictures and video using the XML switch only for lighting. I think it provides a much clearer picture than with the Veg/Bloom switches on but let me know your thoughts. Shout out to Applegate for inspiring me to take better pictures lol!

Here is my week 9 vlog!:
[video=youtube;yohYK76z-bY]
[/video]

Plant #1- Unknown Strain (in 3 gal pot) - Day 67 from seed (Week 2 of flower)
Currently at 39" tall and on a 12/12 light schedule. I topped her and also pruned her. I will continue to prune/defol her through week 3 of flower. I need to keep her in shape since my tent is limited on space. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and single dose of Cal Mag.
IMG_247220.JPG

Plant #2- Lowryder 2 (in 5 gal pot) - Day 56
Currently giving half dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Botanicare Cal Mag Plus. This plant really took a beating by not being fed Cal Mag. Lessons learned on that one. Fingers crossed for a strong recovery.
IMG_247325.JPG
IMG_247519.JPG
IMG_247622.JPG

Plant #3- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 67
Plant is at 33" tall. Last batch of nutes given on day 61; plant to chop on day 75. Only water now until harvest. I stated in the video that the plant has about 30% amber trichomes. I cut off and looked at a sugar leaf to determine that. The trichomes on the buds are mostly cloudy with some clear. Hopefully I'm not chopping this plant earlier than I should.
IMG_246218.JPG
IMG_246022.JPG
IMG_246119.JPG
IMG_246823.JPG

Plant #4- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 67
Plant is at 40" tall. Gave a full dose FoxFarm nutes and single dose Cal Mag yesterday. I thought this plant would harvest around day 80 but it's looking like it's going to run longer. Mostly cloudy trichomes w/ a few amber on sugar leaf. Nitrogen deficiency, but is that ok this close to harvest?
IMG_246322.JPG
IMG_246619.JPG
IMG_246724.JPG

Plant #5- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 56
Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Cal Mag. I can't wait to compare the yield from this plant (since I did LST) vs the other plants that I just let grow wild.
IMG_247727.JPG
IMG_248020.JPG

Plant #6- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 56
Plant is at 38" tall. Currently giving half dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Cal Mag. Some purple stems on this one. Thoughts on what it is? This plant is so wide! I know the side branches are going to fill up and be THICK with buds! :drool:
IMG_247026.JPG

I've noticed some purple on the stems of my autos and would like to know why it's happening as well. I've been keeping them on small doses of CalMag so far and my BlackBerry Kush Auto has had some serious CalMag deficiency problems while the others are completely fine.

Your plants are looking great though. It's always a great feeling getting close to harvest. I'd like to see your LST harvest weight compared to the non-lst ones. Some of these autos grow pretty tall and I might try to lst my next grow if I decide to keep growing autos. :thumb:

I'd like to see your LST harvest weight compared to the non-lst ones. Some of these autos grow pretty tall and I might try to lst my next grow if I decide to keep growing autos.
Absolutely! I see threads where people claim LST results in a bigger yield but I haven't seen any true comparisons.

Those are very healthy plants... don't worry about a little purple on the stems. Watch the leaves instead and keep pushing that magnesium, they need massive amounts at this stage.
Great to know! Thanks for filling me in :Namaste:

:high-five: just popping my head in to take a wiff of the garden :rofl:
How does it smell? :yummy:

Week 10 Update!

Sorry for the mega delay in updates; I've been super busy with school + work that taking time out to update this had to be put on hold. I just have a video for you this week (no pics), but I will have pics for the next update.

Here is my week 10 vlog!:
[video=youtube;hjyGp6CMK88]
[/video]

Plant #1- Unknown Strain (in 3 gal pot) - Day 22 of flower
Currently at 39" tall and on a 12/12 light schedule. I recently pruned her. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and single dose of Cal Mag.

Plant #2- Lowryder 2 (in 5 gal pot) - Day 63
There is some purpling on the leaves. Please see video; I'm looking for advice. Currently giving half dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Botanicare Cal Mag Plus.

Plant #3- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 74
Plant is at 33" tall. Gave her last feeding of 1/2 dose FF nutes + Cal Mag. Only water now until harvest. The trichomes on the buds are mostly cloudy with some clear. I plan to try to run her to 90 days.

Plant #4- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 74
Plant is at 40" tall. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and single dose Cal Mag. I thought this plant would harvest around day 80 but it's looking like it's going to run longer. I plan to try to run her to 90 days.

Plant #5- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 63
Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Cal Mag. This plant is exploding in growth at the moment!

Plant #6- Caramelicious (in 5 gal pot) - Day 63
Plant is at 38" tall. Currently giving full dose FoxFarm nutes and double dose of Cal Mag. Lots of dense bud sites are weighing down the plants branches. Need to do more LST on this one just to keep the branches up.

From what I understand, purpling of leaves and stems can be related to either low temps or phosphorus deficiency. The fact that you are pulling #1 in and out of the tent when the bell rings is either the mark of a committed gardener or the sign of a man that has been trained to submit to a girl's needs! Kudos in either case!

You are headed into what appears to be a very nice harvest!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Filming and typing updates for this site is a very low priority for me since I have so much going on in my life. I do however have a yield update for plants 3 & 4
Plant #3 yielded 5.5 oz dry
Plant #4 yielded 5.0 oz dry

Both came in wayyyyy beyond my expectation of 2 oz per plant. Both were very fluffy buds which surprised me a bit. I was shocked that these autoflowers yielded so much on my very first grow! Both were cut on day 90 from seed and dried for a week in a closet @ 50 RH. Then placed in jars and burped until 62 RH was stable. At that point is when I weighed them.

Plants 2, 5, and 6 will be cut today (day 95 from seed). Unfortunately plant number 2 ended up being a hermie and made a bunch of bananas + seeds but hell, i'll still smoke it!

Plant 5 is an LST so we'll see how that matches up vs plant #'s 3,4 and 6 which i just let grow wild.

Plant #1 is a photoperiod plant on day 54 of flower. She is looking absolutely gorgeous.

I hopefully will have a video update for you all in about a week or so.

Re: Auto Caramelicious & Lowryder 2 Soil Grow - First Grow - Help needed!

deff good advice. i keep my RH above 70 almost 80 in early stages. I also would remove blast out of tent. The heat it puts off and the possibility of water. Really no advantage to it being in the tent unless you need free heat

First off all,great setup:thumb:
Since you got all Autos,you wanted to go in final pots from seed ...
Autos don't really like transplanting :)And since you planted them already,i would transplant just once :)
When your seedlings small you want to keep RH above 60%.
In your case i would stick with Misting them,but would make a small dome for each.
Simple plastic bottle would do :)Other thing is to leave some tray of water(big surface area).
I would go with dome for couple weeks,easy to keep RH level...just dont forget to lift them occasionally;)
You said that your MH light is 6" away.
What the temperature is like @ soil level?? ;)

Good job;)
Will grab a seat on this one :thumb::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom