Bapple's 2016 Outdoor Adventures - Photo & Auto Strains

So it's been a warm sunny day 18C high, but night low is supposed to be 6C. considering the seeds came off my last plant, stress is not what I was looking for but I can't control the weather.

It's day 38 & 33 for my girls (?), the younger one was brought outside for good on Friday the older one is growing well, hopefully the younger one will soon acclimatise to the conditions. As these seeds came off my Autumn grow, I don't really know what sex they are and I can't see any signs of sex yet.

image7554.jpeg
image7555.jpeg
image7556.jpeg
image7557.jpeg
image7558.jpeg
image7559.jpeg

So nothing exciting happening here yet :tokin:

I bet you'll come up with something to counter Mother Nature MS B. :cheer:

got me some non yellow pics up finally if you get a chance stop on by :ciao:

So, daytime temperatures here are stabilising night temps still all over the place and we are still getting the occasional 8C night.

Three days ago, I dropped an HSO Dedoverde Haze seed into a glass of water, 24 hours later it had neither cracked nor thrown out a root. Yesterday morning I popped it into a root riot sunk into my seed mix and into my 'propagator' and unto the top of the wifi router. Yesterday also dropped a Dutch Passion Auto BlackberryKush seed into a glass of water, as of now it has neither cracked nor thrown out a root. Will give her until tonight and then pop her into a root riot etc etc as above. Tonight after doing that will drop an AutoDaiquiri Lime into a glass of water.

Will give each seed up to 5 days to germinate in the root riots before I give up on it and drop a replacement seed into water. Still wondering whether to add a Budha Magnum to make 4 as I am not starting my Photo seeds until May, there is no reason not to add another Auto to the party....i'll see how I feel.....

Even though my tomato harvests have been pretty good since we moved here, I am not totally happy with the occasional blight/disease situation and feel they could do better. So for the health and yield of my vegetables and of course my cannabis plants, I have decided to construct a small TLUD stove to make my own carbon negative bio char. Work is pretty quiet just now, so while all the clearing and maintenance is going on to get the garden Spring ready, I will busy myself making bio char for my plants.....

image7744.jpeg

I will make the TLUD contraption between today and the weekend and activate the bio char for the veggies with compost and fish mix and activate the bio char for my 420 grow with my Plagron Growmix with Mychorizae and fish mix.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :Namaste:

How's the Mango tree doing? oh sorry, not cannabis related. :cheer: go WEED! :420:

Hey DeanB!

It lost its leaves late December, I can't tell whether it's still alive or not but should know in a month or so if it does not wake up......

Hi Bapple looks like you are getting an early start to an awesome grow. Keep 'em green

Hey Big Budha! :ciao:

The Blue Dreams are really an experiment of sorts.

My 3 Auto seeds have become two seedlings, I popped another Dedoverde haze in root riots as the first one didn't make it, will hopefully do an update with photos tomorrow.

After favouring the Portela and Blue Dream for the last 3 months, went back to smoking the ASD last week and it's been kicking my butt :rofl::yummy::tokin: it has developed into a great smoke, it's different from the smoke off her when she had hardly any cure.

Have a great weekend :Namaste:

things are how they are...
You got some instructions for that butter of yours? My last batch wasn't to potent...

I did not weigh the buds (and it was all popcorn buds with their sugar leaves attached) but after I nuked them in my food processor the buds came up to 2/3 of a one litre jar.

I brought a large pot of water to a rolling boil and turned the heat down.

I then heated up 500g of the butter and when it started to boil, I poured it over the buds in the jar.

I lowered the jar into the pot of boiling water (up to its neck - I had an empty tuna can at the bottom of the pot to act as a shelf and to stop the jar from touching the bottom of the pot)

When the contents of the jar started bubbling I. Opened the jar and added another 250g of butter and sealed the jar and returned it to the water bath, when the contents started bubbling again, I added the last 250g. Of butter and resealed the jar. I then left pot to simmer on very low heat (adding boiling water to the pot as needed) for 8 hours stirring the contents twice.

I then emptied the contents of the jar into a muslin clothe and squeezed the butter out into a Pyrex dish.

Refrigerate and hey presto!

I like seeing what sunshine does when harnessed by Bapple... May I follow along please? I'll try not to post random off topic thoughts but can't promise...I Like what I've been perusing so far...

You used 1 kg total of butter, yes?

Edit: I re-read it and looks like i need to go back and get more, i only bought 500g :rollingeyes:

Yes 1 kilo total of butter :thumb:

I like seeing what sunshine does when harnessed by Bapple... May I follow along please? I'll try not to post random off topic thoughts but can't promise...I Like what I've been perusing so far...

Hey Grizz! :ciao:

Take a pew and help yourself to some canna banana bread :welcome:

Merci baps:cheer::cheer:
Hope fully it'll work next time. The last time I tried with a slow cooker and it just didn't pack the punch i needed. Tasty tho.

Merci baps:cheer::cheer:
Hope fully it'll work next time. The last time I tried with a slow cooker and it just didn't pack the punch i needed. Tasty tho.

Je t'en prie Spart.

Based on my results; which was very very potent butter, one needs to accumulate a respectable amount of trim and buds.....

I wasn't really ready to have to eat a whole cake or brownie to get a buzz going.:thedoubletake:and luckily for me Bapple the younger told me of her and her friends misadventures with canna brownies, where they finally got a buzz going after 4 hours and eating half of the whole brownie each eeewwwww.....

I cut the canna butter into eight pieces for storage purposes and each piece is approximately 120g I needed only one piece for a brownie mix and 2 pieces for my walnut & banana bread, which is basically:

250g flour, 250g sugar, 250g butter, 4 eggs, 2 overripe bananas, walnuts, vanilla extract, teaspoon bicarbonate, teaspoon baking powder and a dash of milk.

1 piece of either edible gets me nicely loaded - 2 pieces sends me to sleep

:Namaste:

Thank you Captain! We had a great Sunday, although the weather has gone a bit south again......I keep postponing getting my non 420 seeds going.....

I will wait to see The Supreme Leaders reaction to being called Mr Bapple :rofl::rofl::rofl: he is proper 'old school' (you know the when-men were- men-and- sheep -were -scared type):rofl:

Hope your week has started well :surf::green_heart:

Okay Bapple, got another 500g of no salt butter, a 1 Liter jar (made in Italy) for the buds, trim, and butter. Bought a toaster oven to bake the brownies in. Still need a pot big enough to set the jar + tuna can, up to its neck in and 1 more plant to finish this weekend for more buds and trim. I've never made cannabis butter before, so your way will be my first go at it. I've eaten a few marijuana brownies in my time and have enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom