Bassman59's 1st Grow - DWC/LED - Pray For Me!

Ok, Quick question on this plant. This is the main bigun. Recall that I did mention female preflowers a few days ago. Whats the white growth there? It is from one of the branches from the original fim.

PA020031.JPG
PA020030.JPG
PA020029.JPG
PA020028.JPG

Is that formed differently than the others? It's hard to tell but it almost looks a little twisted. Could it be over nute on one growth site? Could you have accidentally dropped anything on it like peroxide, or another chemical?

It almost looks like it's trying to flower. White like. The top and bottom pics show the difference the most.

No peroxide ever gets close. This branch did wilt over a bit during my adventures in setting up the chiller. However it bounced right back really quick once back in the tub.

It's all good 12/12. Was just the underside of fresh new leaves looking white. Today the same spot looks normal. Taking new pics shortly got a YAHOO to add and an ahh crap ruh-ro.

Mon update;

Ph is really nice and stable now. Swings are .3-.5 and AN PH down seems to repeat itself well.

Water temp is wonderful. Chiller set to 61f tub run about 68-69. I'm happy.

Last night before bed I decided to raise the light to 30" overnight to get some stretch. The plants seemed to love it and did stretch. I'll drop it back down tonight or tomorrow.

The oddity in my previous pics was just the angle of the dangle on brand new growth "looking" white. Looks like lovely new green leaves now.

I still have one really ugly plant! I dont know whats going on with it! HAAAALP! In the same tub, two good looking plants are showing early spots like the baddy.

1st tub and frontal view:
PA030045.JPG
PA030046.JPG

Here's where the ugly is. these are all the same plant:
PA030039.JPG
PA030040.JPG
PA030041.JPG

Below is same tub, two other plants with possible concerns?
PA030042.JPG
PA030043.JPG
PA030044.JPG

Any thoughts or suggestions to stop anything from happening on the ones just showing oddity could be used.

Any chance the fugly one can recover? I still dont know what the cause is. Have added 3 gals of tap which should have plenty of cal-mag. As well the nutes have a small amount.

AHHHHH...thanks ggrant. I dont know how I missed that thread.

with tap water 400ppm added just this week to my RO water, I wonder if the calcium has added to the mag def. Kinda makes sense. Getting some cal-mag tomorrow, will spray tonight.

Mini update:

Got some epsom salts today and mixed a batch of foliar spray for the 3 plants and gave them a spray. Gave the one baddie a fairly heavy spray, the other two just light.

Got some cal-mag and mixed in "light feeding" ratio and added to res.

B52 and voodoo juice arrived today. It's been 3 days since res change and feed but I took 2qts out, added the b52 & voodoo and put that back into res. In hindsight, I may have gone slightly heavy on B52 and voodoo having not mixed at same feed % I did with Sensi A & B. Sometimes I just do flaky shit. If I see anything going on I'll drain/replenish at proper ratios.

PH: 5.8 **NO MORE PH PROBLEMS!** Been real steady
PPM: 1340 **After adding above. Possibly too hot.
Res Temp: 66.5-68.5f ** I'm lovin this!
RH: 42-49 *had some rain today, bumped a bit. My visits to tent are to soak towel/washcloths to add humidity.
Temp: 82-84

Dropping LED back down to 21-22" now, got a lil stretch that I wanted. Lets get everything good and go 12/12 end of week! :Namaste:

He Bass they plants look great aside from the little nut problems which I have faith you will iron out. I think all the ph problems are what keep me fro playing with to much hydro. Soil is so forgiving. Love the chiller. If you going hydro I can see where these are awful handy. Just a word you said you fimed you should make sure you get afew new sets of leaves before the 12/12. Bud that form on a new topping never act rite. They seem to stop all the upward growth of the tops unless you let them recover afew leaves first. I know I got acouple having this problem rite now. They were outside plants that I had to way to call when they started flowering. But all in all looking good there. Keep em Green props across.

High Bassman59 ;) I'm glad to hear your PH is doing good, best of luck to you on your grow :thumb:

Thank you sir.

However, today I am in emergency mode. After a fresh res change yesterday and adding hygrozyme, cal-mag, B52, and Voodoo Juice, my ph didnt want to go down.

This prompted me to take a good look at my roots. God damn root rot! How the hell that happened I have no clue. There appeared to be a shit ton of hydroton dust on the bottom of both res's. Why now? They are not getting feed tubes pumped into the cups any more. They didn't show any dust on last cleaning. I washed the bejeebus out of them before use 5 weeks ago.

I thought I did a pretty good cleaning last change even though I couldnt physically take each tub out of room because of chiller connections setup (will change this for next grow). After good cleaning of everything I wipe with alcohol and let it evap.

***The hopeful fix***

Complete drain of res. Add back full fill of TAP water with 150ml per gal of 3% peroxide. Let plants take in this mix for 6 hrs per suggestions from the folks at AN.

After 6 hrs, drain, clean, replenish with ph correct nutrient. No Voodoo juice for at least a 1/2 week.

Above tubs the plants look great. Still a few shorties, but the bigun that showed root rot still looked great.

I could be over-reacting too. The roots were browning below the water line, there was beginning signs of some slime or foamy look to the top of the water around the roots. (I had added some h202 already) But ABOVE water line, the roots looked really nice.

So it's possible what I am seeing is coloration from the B52. However, after draining cleaning today, when I refilled and added h202, it was only minutes before I saw a few root strands floating in the water.

I feel confident I'm handling this correctly. I just hope I have demolished my grow.

As the title says- Pray For Me!

All done with presumed root rot fix.

Drained, cleaned, replenished with tap water. Added 150ml per gal peroxide. Let plants run in peroxide water for 6 hrs. Drained, cleaned, replenished with:

R/O water ph adjusted to 5.6
Sensi Grow A & B
B52
Cal-Mag
Hygrozyme 5ml/gal

All nutes were done on 2/3rd feed level.

Here's pics of main plant roots about 90 mins after:

PA070004.JPG
PA070003.JPG
PA070002.JPG
PA060052.JPG

Opinions?

hey bassman , i am wonder can u make more photos of your unit?? and what is the botton ?? i mean side with fans?? i got gs 600 probloom unit and it doesnt have any button , even the gs signature seams not be visible so much as your , i mean that i got to light it with the flashlight to see GS signature , i would be very happy if u can make on photo of the diodes - mean the colors .. mine unit is from 2010 y.

Gl and cheers!!

hello Bassman i be happy if u can pm me any details about your unit mine one dont got the button and some difference i notice with your uploated photos .. Would be gratefoulf if U can put any details of ur unit

GreenHornet, Welcome to 420mag!

I have had my unit for only the time of this grow. The button on top is just an on-off switch.

The GS logo is just a sticker.

I can't PM you until you have made 50 posts on site.

This is the best I can do for pics of lite. It's too intense for my camera to pic up each light in spectrum and I dont know how the hell to change my camera.

PA080035.JPG
PA080036.JPG
PA080037.JPG

ok many many thanks Bassman59!!

Was thinking bout the button bcs mine one dont got any , i did ask gsl on other growlog but they didn't ask me does the 2011 unit got any changes then 2010 one.
Yeaah i try to posy yhem too but the post block shows up:)

Thanks 4 everythink!! :thanks:

btw Beutifool Plants!!:goodjob:

2am Mon update
day 35 main plant veg. day 21 all others.

Plants seem to be doing fine. Had a decent little boost in growth the last 1-2 days in the 1st tub. The shorties in tub 2 have improved in root growth and a bit above as well. Not tons, but some.

The foamy bubbles issue is all but gone some 28 odd hrs or so since added h202. So ya, I think I was worried over nothing and had caused the bubbles with peroxide and then suddenly thought I was in trouble and over reacted. I'll have a better feel on this in a day or two to be sure.

PH has been stable, yay! I have seen it go up to 6.4 then a some hrs later 5.8-6.1 and I havent added ph down. Had some swingy ambient temps the last cpl days. With that, the water temps seemed to go 65-71, but mostly 66-67. PPM is looking fine at 855-930. I'm probably about 70% nutrient or so.

Took a few pics, interestingly, I really did "fim" two fims last week, and they're forming odd leave/node sets. But looks to be I may have actually scored a 6 cola potential on one goofy looking fim. Time will tell.

I'm thinking I may flip the switch soon. I kinda hate too, but I have to plan harvest, and xmas week time isnt a great idea. Still undecided, but possibly this week sometime. Lets pray for a burst in growth from the shorties!

So here's this mornings pics:

PA100038.JPG

PA100039.JPG

PA100041.JPG

PA100040.JPG

The fim fims
PA100043.JPG
PA100042.JPG

12 hrs later I checked in on plants to dip towel for more humidity and jeebus the bigun grew another 1/2" - 3/4". I measure the light height at 19".

This made me think the plants in tub #2 are a bit too far from the light. I didnt mention it above but I hung a cfl with 2 bulbs at an angle about 6" above one plant in tub #2 last night to just add a bit on one of the shorties. Twelve hrs later I see a difference.

So I moved my LED off center a bit further from the bigger plants and lowered it to give more intensity to the shorties. This should give them more growth I thin and possibly allow them to catch up some.

I think overall, I should have been lower in height all along. I was trying to stretch and was probably 3-5" too high. I think this will work. I may also add another cfl to that tub near the shortest to add just a bit extra.

But I think I'm in for a really nice spurt in growth!

Back
Top Bottom