Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

My hat is off to you Bass.
Thank you for teaching us your techniques!
I'll be a heavy defoiler for life now!!
:high-five:

Love it. Can't believe it took me this long to find this thread. I got 2 master kush babies going on week 3 from sprout I hope I have something like your results to look forward too. One question, I'm on BPN 2 part as well just wondering if you followed the recommended ml per gallon the entire time or tweaked it at all?

I go right with the schedule DocDee, except I only use liquid blue for the bloom booster and for that I use 8ml per gal.

ahh shit. I hope I didnt just screw the pooch horribly.

I've been supplementing that one monster cluster in the back with about 150w of cfl the last couple days. No timer, I just plug it in and unplug it a bit before lights off. Well sure enough, I forgot to unplug it last night. So the tent had that light on for about 11.5 of the 15 hrs of lights off. I saw it on this morning about 3.5 hrs before lights on and unplugged it.

Any thoughts on if it will wack out the girls and hermie them? that would be my only worry.

Hey Bass,
I did that same exact thing, a FEW times, 2 grows back..
I freaked out thinking I hermied them..
But it was all good.
I think you should be fine...
unless you do it again 4 days in a row..

I'd say watch em close, thats 20.5 hours of light, thats enough to break the gap from flower into the vegitative state.
I hope everything stays steady and no hermie's show up!

But really ur far enough into flowering i think you'll be ok. even if a few pop nanners at the last second i doubt theyll have the time to pollinate anything.

Worst case scenerio you have to harvest a few days earlier than you planned on.

good luck man! :bongrip:

I agree with Vick, as long as it doesn't keep up, I think you'll be fine. But... put those on a timer you sillyhead. Sounds just like something I would do, lol. ;)

Mini update:

Adding straight ro water daily, around 2.5 gals to a roughly 16-18 gal mix, PPM is now down to about 335-340 ppm or .67 e.c. I'm really liking this method of tapering to flush over drain/replenish. Until I really nail down how long it takes to go from x color trichs to y color with the strains I choose, I think this is a little better as it allows the girls to uptake whatever bit of nutrients they want while still using up anything that's stored so to speak.

The flowers are just getting fat like an 8 month pregnant mom with triplets. I'm really amazed at the fattening of each calyx. Yet the Trichomes are still not fully cloudy nor turning amber yet. Thus they'll keep getting fat as I wait till "it's time". And fat = weight!

So it begins to look like I'll be a busy little be during xmas. Cooking a 20+ lb prime rib, taking mom and the prime rib to see nearby family, and probably chopping and harvesting this grow somewhere between Sun-Weds. But who knows, if the trichs aint ready, then NY's will be spent doing it.

No pics today. I'll take some in the next few days.

Mini update with pics.

Couldn't resist taking a few pics this morning. They aren't great pics but mainly just to show the swelling of the calyx's. Trichomes showing more cloudiness today. Really hoping to start chop Sunday.

Once I cut some buds I'll take pics of trichomes. But my microscope camera is so hard to get good focus and steady handed I need to do it on a desk. no way I can hold the camera and get decent closeups of the trichs.

Enjoy the pics. Notice the one pic with the red square. It covers a swollen calyx. Trying to emphasize just how much swelling is going on and typical of all the top of canopy buds.

PC200011.JPG
PC200007.JPG
PC200010.JPG
PC200009.JPG
PC200013.JPG
PC200015.JPG

A renters growers nightmare. It looks like the heater went out in the house. I just got up to get ready for work and it's 65 in the house, expected low outside tonight of 37f. I am giring up the stove and some pots of water to boil and the oven to try to blast some heat into the house before I leave so mom doesnt totally freeze. But wtf do I do when I get home? I can't call the landlord (a real estate company) with the grow going on. I have 4 plants in veg, which I could take outside to the backyard or whatever when a repair guy comes but not this grow in flower that's for sure. And I dont want to chop till they are ready, which is soon but still, they need time to dry before I can jar them up. Then have to take down the entire grow room, and clean out all evidence? What a major pain in the ass and setback. This is the one thing I've worried about since starting this almost 1.5 yrs ago.

I'm at a loss now. I just don't know how to deal with this.

A renters growers nightmare. It looks like the heater went out in the house. I just got up to get ready for work and it's 65 in the house, expected low outside tonight of 37f. I am giring up the stove and some pots of water to boil and the oven to try to blast some heat into the house before I leave so mom doesnt totally freeze. But wtf do I do when I get home? I can't call the landlord (a real estate company) with the grow going on. I have 4 plants in veg, which I could take outside to the backyard or whatever when a repair guy comes but not this grow in flower that's for sure. And I dont want to chop till they are ready, which is soon but still, they need time to dry before I can jar them up. Then have to take down the entire grow room, and clean out all evidence? What a major pain in the ass and setback. This is the one thing I've worried about since starting this almost 1.5 yrs ago.

I'm at a loss now. I just don't know how to deal with this.

Bass, I know your're pretty worried about it but todays filters work really excellent. My whole upstairs is nothing but a grow op. I have people come over who have no clue that I grow and they can't smell a thing. I have a couple of friends also who grow and they say they can never smell a thing from outside or once they walk inside. Is there a need for the heating peeps to ever go into those rooms at all?
If they have to go near the rooms I might put locks on the doors but beyond that if you have good filters I wouldn't worry about it too much.
If your're worried that much invite someone over who has no idea you grow and then ask them if they smell pot and tell them you suspect one of the neighbors of growing it. Just a thought.

ive been in this predicament a time or 10 lol. as u say removing flowering plants is a no go, so whats the option? if repair man doesnt need access to grow areas i would do as A1 SAYS. as an extra measure get some ona gel with the diffuser so any possible odour leak wont be an issue. u worry because u know its there but just keep in mind they dont know and why would they?! u will be fine. if they need access to grow area u either sweat out the cold til its finished or chop it early.

Most people in the trades smoke.... and most do not care if they walk in and smell pot. So I would worry very little about it. How do you heat the home? I maybe able to walk you through a few checks before you need to call the repairman. Hit me up via PM. I grew up in the plumbing and heating trade and maybe able to get you going again. If it seems as though it is a major problem then do as everyone else has stated.

Back
Top Bottom