Beccabuds Photon Follies: An Ongoing Adventure In Tiny Closet Gardening

3% isn't too bad. how soon did you catch it ? h202 breaks down pretty fast in the open. a quick spray with straight water immediately after should negate most surface burning.

:ciao::popcorn: Can't resist a sneaky closet grow. Lol. Preflowers on autos anywhere from 21 days is pretty normal.

@VetSmoke85 That sneaky closet is just about all the grow space I have in this tiny studio apartment (although I did come up with 4^2 feet for a cacti garden)!

they'll shake it off.

@bluter Yeah, they've pretty much gotten past it already. I was afraid I'd killed them all when I discovered what I'd done. I hope I didn't stunt their growth much... :(

Just confirmed flowers on number 2 on day 27. Used the ol' loupe taped to the phone camera trick to get a nice close-up. Harbingers of good things to come...
:party:

20230202_092824TwoPreFlower.jpg

Initiated low stress training on #2 to manage her height while avoiding topping her. Staked her at the 5th node and tied her over below the height of the branches, between 6th & 7th nodes. Fertigated both per the schedule below. Decided to start the mix with an ion balancing 5mL of CalMag+ because I used demineralized water this time. H2O2 near-disaster is history. I've trimmed the 1st, 2nd & 3rd leaves & branches to make watering easier. Will probably trim the 4th and 5th nodes on #1 as well, it's so short and bushy.

DSD_LNWS20230203.jpg

20230203_090153r.jpg
20230203_090135r.jpg

Last night I gave them each an additional 1/2 gallon of water formulated same as last feeding, however, I added 4mL each of Advanced Nutrients Piranha, Tarantula and Voo Doo Juice to #1's water just to see if there is any visible effect. Also trimmed the 3rd node branches on #1 so I can get my watering wand under it. On DSD #2, moved the tie down twist tie to between the 7th & 8th nodes this morning. The training result is obvious and amazing, plant is bushing out nicely. Both are doing great. I think I'll do some training on #1 too.

20230205_083134r.jpg
20230205_083009r.jpg

Welcome @Nev This is my first attempt ever with autos. The big pot sure worked well for the last plant I grew in the closet. The disadvantage is they are heavy and difficult to move. I think the only way I could get faster growth is with hydroponics & CO2, but that isn't a good option in my tiny apartment.

@bluter yeah, they're going zoom-zoom now! :morenutes:

The training is shaping up nicely Beccabuds. I definitely like the form it’s taking. Have you done much LST on your past plants? I’m just curious as I’ve used some fairly simple tools to assist in plants that I’ve trained if you are at all interested.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom