Becca's B+, Blue Meanie, Purple Mystic From Spore Genetics & Blue Yeti LC Fun Run

I'd like to be busier but just don't have the energy I had when I was younger, lol!

This morning I pulled the towel off the SAB to inspect the shoeboxes and was delighted to find them almost fully colonized already, so I got some photos. The clock stands at 22 days since grain inoculation and 5 days since implanting the grain into the substrate.

B+ has broken through the casing layer all over, BMC has broken through in numerous spots. I think I can switch to fruiting mode within a few days.

Also took and mounted the BNC inoculated substrate bag hanging from a hanger with a couple binder type paper clips and put it in the closet. This worked really well!

20240522_090807r.jpg
20240522_090850r.jpg

20240522_090828r.jpg
20240522_090914r.jpg

20240522_093948r.jpg

Update for Thursday, May 23. 23 days since grain inoculation, 6 days in substrate. Examined and photographed the shoeboxes & the bag. The BMC shoebox looked too dry and hasn't developed on the surface as much as the B+ has, so pulled the lids & hooked up the Shroomidifier to increase Hugh Midity.

B+20240523_115740r.jpg
BMC20240523_115713r.jpg
bmc_20240523_115312r.jpg

Here's an unrelated photo of a neuron with all it's axions, looking rather like a mycelium...

excitatory-neuron-with-all-its-axons.jpg

I am slowly realizing It always a hit or miss. Some misses just take longer than others. I move my shroom setup from my bathroom to (too cold with AC) the my grow room. Perfect temperature for growing shrooms.

I did not think my second tub of Blue Yeti was going to make it, then all of a sudden it started pinning. If a spore print is possible from the Blue Yeti, I will find out.

Tok..

Humidity has visibly increased and light condensation has formed on the inside surfaces of the SAB. Opened both FAE ports this morning. As soon as the BMC covers the shoebox some more I'll uncover the SAB, remove the black bag from the test bag, and add 12/12 6500K light from a small 7W LED bulb. I really like this bag-on-a-hanger trick. I can hang several of 'em in my grow closet between cannabis crops. Now to find more of those cool metal rod hangers! :ganjamon:

B+20240524_091606r.jpg
BMC20240524_091541r.jpg

BMCb20240524_091221r.jpg
BMCbb20240524_093939r.jpg

Inoculated the new All-In-One (AIO) with Blue Yeti liquid culture this morning. Got the jar out of the refrigerator last night to let it warm up, then gave it a spin on the mag stirrer before filling a 10cc syringe with live culture. Swept the whole area near the injection port with 1cc bursts. Turns out the Mushroom Supplies AIO fits perfectly in a shoebox, and my black plastic bags fit perfectly over their AIO. Should see it start to inflate as the mycelium propagates and starts producing CO2. Should be ready to smash-n-shake in 7 to 10 days (May 31 to June 3). Need to get some more binder clips so I can put it on a hanger.

BY20240524_111223r.jpg

I am slowly realizing It always a hit or miss. Some misses just take longer than others. I move my shroom setup from my bathroom to (too cold with AC) the my grow room. Perfect temperature for growing shrooms.

I did not think my second tub of Blue Yeti was going to make it, then all of a sudden it started pinning. If a spore print is possible from the Blue Yeti, I will find out.

Tok..
Just gotta find the place with least air turbulence. In my case not easy living in a studio apt.
Looks like you are getting a good yeild from your first shoebox, @Tokin Roll Here's to spore printing! 🍄

Update for a Saturday evening: Day 25 since grain inoculation, day 8 since substrate implantation.
Both SAB FAE ports are OPEN. Enabled the Shroomlamp (12 hours ON/day) and adjusted the Shroomidifier timer to two 1-1/2 hour ON cycles/day in the Kasa App. Both shoeboxes and the test bag are pretty much fully colonized and days from pinning now. No sign of life yet in the Blue Yeti brick at 1 day since inoculation.

B+20240525_182228r.jpg
BMC20240525_182205r.jpg

BMCb20240525_093246r.jpg

There are a lot of beads of water forming on the surface of the mycelium in both tubs so I disable the Shroomidifier & hooked up a filtered air supply for some fresh, non-humidified air. I may have to spring for an Inkbird humidity controller.

Hope it's not due to contamination but this method is fraught with ops for bugs to sneak in, unlike an AIO.

Speaking of which, no life sign in the new BY bag yet.

B+20240526_091539r.jpg
BMC20240526_091558r.jpg

BMCb20240526_092217r.jpg

Increased free air flow in the SAB by modifying 2 spare CaPlugs. Added self-adhesive 0.2um filter patches covering 1.75" diameter holes cut in the spares with a scalpel. It turned out one was not as snug as I would have liked, but 2 bits of electricians tape secured it.

Still a lot of beads of water forming on the surface of the B+ and some on the BMC. I can see both shoebox cakes have contracted some from evaporation, wondering if I need to take action to bring them back up to field capacity. Misting doesn't seem like a good idea with the beading, so I'm inclined to wait it out.

No sign of life in the Blue Yeti AIO 3 days after inoculation. Gees, maybe I should hit it again with 10 or 20 more cc's of liquid culture!

SAB20240527_190321r.jpg
BMCtb20240527_184730r.jpg

B+20240527_185046r.jpg
BMC20240527_185020r.jpg

Well. 5 full days since I inoculated the new AIO and still no sign of life so I'm going to shoot up the bag again.
This time I made sure I sucked up a thick cloud of mycelium from my 250cc stock jar into the 10cc syringe.

BYs20240529_104919r.jpg

I inoculated in 3 bursts at 3 angles very close to the surface of the substrate so I can see it when it starts to grow.
Some liquid actually flowed out to the surface of the plastic bag and toward the bottom, so the show should be on soon if it's going to happen.

BYAIO20240529_110010r.jpg

Anxiously awaiting but still no pins in the B+ or BMC tubs. More pics when things get started...

As the Moon enters Pisces and the daytime temperature increases to 80f, I think I see some mycelium forming in the new Blue Yeti AIO. It will be warm again today so that should encourage growth.

I opened the test bag and misted the walls of the bag with distilled water. It's thriving but no pins yet on it or the B+ & BMC shoeboxes. I'm pretty sure that I removed the shoebox covers way to soon. The result is my cakes are dried out more than they should be. The shrinkage is becoming quite prominent.

So do I add 50-100mL boiled, sterilized water back to the shoeboxes and put the covers back on them for a time? That's what I'm thinking but I'm uncertain. It definitely ups the possibility of contamination. Any and all feedback appreciated.

Opened the BMC test bag and gave it a spritz & a FAE, and got a photo while it was open. Rhyso everywhere vibrating vigorously! Way more vigor than the shoebox, so evap is clearly an issue because I uncovered 'em too soon.
I have an idea to rehydrate the cakes. Take used sterilized syringes & needles with their plunger removed for little 10cc drip irrigators. Place the syringes in the cake and fill with boiled distilled water (let the water cool first). Leave them to soak in. Refill as needed. Viola!
With 8 or 10 syringes placed in a grid the whole cake can be kept at field capacity with ease. I'm going to try it with 3 syringes (all I have at the moment).

BMCtb20240601_120506r.jpg

B+20240601_103439r.jpg

BMC20240601_103500r.jpg

Blue Meanie Cubes are fruiting! :party: :cheer: :party:

Only 10 or 12 visible so far so today I'm going to install my experimental drip irrigators to s-l-o-w-l-y add 30mL of boiled, cooled distilled aqua to the substrate.

B+ going nutz 2! 🍄

BMC20240602_094520r.jpg
B+20240602_094712r.jpg

I figured out how to get my phone to caption the photos, so that's a time saver, but there's no control for vertical or horizontal and it seems to have a mind of it's own. :rofl:

Update for a Monday afternoon: Day 34 since rice grain inoculation, 17 days since grain implantation.

B+ looks like it will be ready to harvest in a few days. BMC is going to take a bit longer. No pins yet in the BMC test bag but the mycelium is doing great. There's a white spot of Blue Yeti mycelium about the diameter of a baseball behind the injection port in the new AIO, which is on day 10 since 1st inoculation and 5 days since the 2nd.

Too soon to call regarding the drip irrigation experiment. Water level is unchanged or very slightly lower in each of the syringes with no more puddling after pushing them in to max depth.

B+20240603_135344r.jpg
BMC20240603_142242r.jpg

B+20240603_142826r.jpg

Awesome looking 👀 display of mushies but I was wondering if you tried anything new recently? CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone:

:Namaste: Thank you, @CaptainLucky . The most recent that I've "researched" is the Purple Mystic and Blue Yeti. Both very nice, BY more potent. Soon I will be researching B+ & BMC!

No plans for now to grow any other varieties. I'll have to give that some thought. Maybe Wavy Caps just to try a wood-lover.

This time around I'm going to get spore prints, though, and start a spore library. I'll like to run a Purple Mystic AIO as well. I really like them and I never got a spore print of them 1st time around.

Back
Top Bottom