Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

So I had thrown 2 seeds that didn't germinate into a cup and one plant did start to grow. That was about 3 weeks ago. Seems that the increased humidity jolted another girl awake and she popped through the soil on the first lights out cycle. Was not expecting that. I did my best to dig her out and transplant to another cup so we will see what happens.

IMG_20180206_1834568.jpg

Here we are 6 or 7 days later. Another day or two after the last surprise seedling sprouted, another one did as well. So we are up to 8 potential plants.

Could not get my hands on any more soil locally in a timely fashion so I ordered some Coco Coir. See if the girls like a bit more room.

The humidifier I bought just didn't want to keep the RH % high as I would like even in my small room. So I ordered some parts from the House of Hydro and built my own contraption. For about $70 in parts that I bought, plus a few random items I had laying around I built this rig in about 10 minutes and it's pumping out way more then the humidifier that I purchased was. As of right now I don't have a humidistat controlling it, just set to run for 30 minutes an hour on a cheap timer and I am staying around 50-60% RH. I will continue to monitor and/or purchase a humidistat to control the unit.

Just another note for anyone who is checking this out. Up until Feb. 14th I had been using tap water that I had not checked the PH of. Turns out it was just a bit over 7. I guess that wasn't helping out much for the start of things. I have it dialed down to 5.8 for my coco nutrient mix, and about 6.5 for my watering of the plant that is in soil. Hopefully the girls appreciate it.

Looking good. Watch the flexible bags. They work great with this one exception. If the dirt starts flexing it tends to rip the super fine root hairs off the roots in area's where its flexing if that makes sense. The fix I have for it would be to put them bags inside a milk crate. Still gets air and you are not lifting on bag.

Looking good. Watch the flexible bags. They work great with this one exception. If the dirt starts flexing it tends to rip the super fine root hairs off the roots in area's where its flexing if that makes sense. The fix I have for it would be to put them bags inside a milk crate. Still gets air and you are not lifting on bag.
Good tip. Ill see if I can't get a few crates in there for some support. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom