Beginning Of A New Journey

So I'm trying to get the ph right first starting with the water. I found this water to have a ph of 6.2-6.7
420-magazine-mobile1159242945.jpg
I'm going to mix this with some fox farm soil I have coming in the mail. Any opinions do or don't's ?

Yeah but why not get it right with water it's self no? I tried it in a spray bottle but I think I over used it because the strip came out yellow as opposed to a light orange color for the proper ph of 6.5

Yeah but why not get it right with water it's self no? I tried it in a spray bottle but I think I over used it because the strip came out yellow as opposed to a light orange color for the proper ph of 6.5

With ph down, which is all I really need, I only need a drop or so per 2 litres. I guess if you can nail it without the ph up/down, thats actually awesome. Ur totally right about that. I would just be concerned that the bottled water is tough on the wallet haha

Yeah just brain storming ideas I'm getting a 48x24x60 however I'm having trouble deciding if I want to go a foot higher or not if it'll make a difference

I think I'm ok with it for now because it'll be my first true more educated grow as opposed to my current set up and I think I'm heading in the right direction .I think rn I'm debating weather or not I want to change the light or learn about carbon filter and exhaust fans

I think I'm ok with it for now because it'll be my first true more educated grow as opposed to my current set up and I think I'm heading in the right direction .I think rn I'm debating weather or not I want to change the light or learn about carbon filter and exhaust fans

If smell isnt a concern for you, you wont need a carbon filter. But if you do want to conceal smell, well its pretty much a must.

Having a decent exhaust should do a lot to avoid high humidity levels and keep co2/oxygen replensihed.

If smell isnt a concern for you, you wont need a carbon filter. But if you do want to conceal smell, well its pretty much a must.

Having a decent exhaust should do a lot to avoid high humidity levels and keep co2/oxygen replensihed.

Well in my learnings I herd that you want a decent humidity higher then 50 but no more then 75. And a simple tower fan won't do the job because it's a closed box right? Here's the one I got do you know if I need a 4 or 6 inch fan and duct
420-magazine-mobile780928190.jpg
also I'd like to add I cleaned my garadge today where I have my setup and I loved it from a window area to next to the ac box so it's about 5 degrees cooler so the highest it's been is 85 as opposed to daily 88 degree temps I'd also like to add insulation to my garage door to bring the temp down another 10 degree in the entire room

In the beginning, high humidity is good. Even as high as 80%. Chances are, in your tent, your humidity will be a bit lower than outside the tent, due to the heat from your lighting. But during lights off, your humidity will likely be even higher in the tent than outside, due to the water coming off the leaves and wet soil etc.

Any fan that blows aur around your room tent and keeps your plants fresh is good. Just avoid keeping the plants/s under constant wind.

With regards to the exhaust, 4 or 6 doesnt really matter. Your tent can likely fit both of them. As long as your exhaust pulls decent air from your tent thats really all that matters.

And yeah you can certainly run a humidifier if you need it.

You should start your own journal man. Definitely recommend. The help people will offer is invaluable.

Thats interesting about the insulation. I hope it works! I have no experience with regards to that at all lol

In the beginning, high humidity is good. Even as high as 80%. Chances are, in your tent, your humidity will be a bit lower than outside the tent, due to the heat from your lighting. But during lights off, your humidity will likely be even higher in the tent than outside, due to the water coming off the leaves and wet soil etc.

Any fan that blows aur around your room tent and keeps your plants fresh is good. Just avoid keeping the plants/s under constant wind.

With regards to the exhaust, 4 or 6 doesnt really matter. Your tent can likely fit both of them. As long as your exhaust pulls decent air from your tent thats really all that matters.

And yeah you can certainly run a humidifier if you need it.

You should start your own journal man. Definitely recommend. The help people will offer is invaluable.

Thats interesting about the insulation. I hope it works! I have no experience with regards to that at all lol

Thanks for the info starting a new journal is the one where I put in a topic and subject and write a little

420-magazine-mobile1938629607.jpg

Damn she's really been picking up the last couple days. Every time I check there's some new growth. Shits getting pretty exciting!!

Do the leaves look ok? I think some of the leaves look kinda yellow. Or am I just being paranoid?

Hows your environment bro?

Kinda the same as before. My humidity has dropped down to below 40% lately. But just slightly and most of the time it's still above 50%. I think I have bad air flow in my tent though. I still have to grab the ductwork to pull air in and so I can put my filter vertical. I also have to grab an oscillating fan because all I have right now is a stationary 6" desk fan. But other than that my tent seems to be in pretty good order as far as I can tell. Think I went with too much nutes?

Here she is from just now.
420-magazine-mobile1502814627.jpg

Its honestly kinda hard to tell. Not sure if its the camera or what man. In the photo to me it kinda looks a bit pale. Again, if youlre in soil, i wouldnt be using nutes yet. I'd get some nice ph'd water and give her a a bit of a thorough watering and let her chill out. All my other plants that are in soils are almost a 2 months old and still dont really need nutes. Im sure MJ can do atleast a few weeks without nutes, especially is its good soil

Its honestly kinda hard to tell. Not sure if its the camera or what man. In the photo to me it kinda looks a bit pale. Again, if youlre in soil, i wouldnt be using nutes yet. I'd get some nice ph'd water and give her a a bit of a thorough watering and let her chill out. All my other plants that are in soils are almost a 2 months old and still dont really need nutes. Im sure MJ can do atleast a few weeks without nutes, especially is its good soil

Yeah I'll probably hold off on the nutes for another week or 2. I'm guessing that's probably the main issue. I mean for the most part the plant looks good. It's the 2 leaves that grew first that I'm concerned about with the color. Besides those 2 leaves I think the rest of the plant is looking good. Here's one from this morning.

420-magazine-mobile80693689.jpg

420-magazine-mobile503923152.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1187021048.jpg

Rearranged my tent a little so I can maximize my height in the tent. How does it look? I know it's crowded but I'm sure I'll get a much better airflow with this setup. At least I'm hoping I will. Lol.

Here's a pic of my girl after I moved her home around a bit.
420-magazine-mobile558086988.jpg

Back
Top Bottom