Beginning Of A New Journey

Thanks man. My tent size is 20"x36"x63". Pretty decent size. Definitely bigger than I was expecting. . since it's my first I figured I'd only go with one plant for now. Can I fit 2 in there?Just wanted to get my feet wet with this experience. But it's a blueberry strain from Seedsman that was free with the strawberry cake strain I originally bought. (I didn't wanna test my skills on my good seeds.) lol. I'm going to be using general organic nutrients. After my seed sprouts I'm going to throw it in some sunshine potting soil. I have 2-150 watt mars hydro leds.

What soil are you using I'm looking Tk get better soil then what I'm using rn

Are you in soil or coco? In coco, you start nutes from day one, as coco imitates soil physically but is pretty much completely void of nutes. so in that sense it ought to be treated like hydro. Good quality soil, however, should definitely have enough nutes to keep the plant healthy and thriving for at least a couple weeks.

Also, what brand of nutes are you using? What you got?

I'm in soil. So I should be good to at least the end of the week than. Im using sunshine natural and organic sun gro potting soil. A buddy of mine that grows indoors recommended it to me. It seems to be pretty good soil. Although my expertise in this area is very limited. Lol. And as far as nutes go I went with general hydroponics go box. Now when I go to start adding nutes to the water. I know use about 1/4 strength and go from there but is that to a full gallon? I haven't been giving my seedling a full gallon yet. I've only been water around the seedling and a little spray on the seedling. Am I under watering her?

What soil are you using I'm looking Tk get better soil then what I'm using rn

I'm using sunshine natural and organic sun gro potting soil. I really don't know much about this soil but a buddy that grows indoors uses the same soil and it works out pretty good for him. I haven't found any issues with it yet.

I'm in soil. So I should be good to at least the end of the week than. Im using sunshine natural and organic sun gro potting soil. A buddy of mine that grows indoors recommended it to me. It seems to be pretty good soil. Although my expertise in this area is very limited. Lol. And as far as nutes go I went with general hydroponics go box. Now when I go to start adding nutes to the water. I know use about 1/4 strength and go from there but is that to a full gallon? I haven't been giving my seedling a full gallon yet. I've only been water around the seedling and a little spray on the seedling. Am I under watering her?

you're definitely not underwatering. SOunds like you're managing the hydration perfectly.

With regards to nutes/water. Well you dont necessarily need to feed a gallon at all, no. The way it works is, the ration of nutes:water is given typically by how much nutes you add to a gallon of water.

As Im in ireland, Im actually kidna unsure about how much a gallon actually is lol. I measure in litres so I can only really tell you what I know in this way:

The recommended dose on the bottles of my nutrients are 4 ml of nutes per 1 Litre of water. a quarter of that recommended dose is what I started with. so I was adding 1 ml nutes per 1 Litre of water.
As I didnt need to feed a whole litre at a time, for the first while I only needed to give around 500ml at a time. So the correct amount of nutes (1/4 strength) for 500ml of water is actually not 1ml. It's 0.5ml.

0.5ml of nutes per 500ml water is the same as 1ml nutes per 1 Litre

You with me?

A gallon is 4L Jurf I'm in Australia and we use Litres too lol. What i did was let some tap water dechlorinate and then phd then poured 1.5 L into a bottle. Next i worked out full strength was 3.5ml of each nute per 1L and then went with 2ml of each into 1.5L. Do a bit off math and have a play, less is more to begin with. I let that bottle sit mixed for my watering for the week and anything left over is ditched when it gets on the older side. I only water 200ml at a time at the moment

A gallon is 4L Jurf I'm in Australia and we use Litres too lol. What i did was let some tap water dechlorinate and then phd then poured 1.5 L into a bottle. Next i worked out full strength was 3.5ml of each nute per 1L and then went with 2ml of each into 1.5L. Do a bit off math and have a play, less is more to begin with. I let that bottle sit mixed for my watering for the week and anything left over is ditched when it gets on the older side. I only water 200ml at a time at the moment

lol In some places a gallon is 4.5 and I've even seen a gallon be called 3.5. Thats why I dont like gallons. Theyre different from place to place

you're definitely not underwatering. SOunds like you're managing the hydration perfectly.

With regards to nutes/water. Well you dont necessarily need to feed a gallon at all, no. The way it works is, the ration of nutes:water is given typically by how much nutes you add to a gallon of water.

As Im in ireland, Im actually kidna unsure about how much a gallon actually is lol. I measure in litres so I can only really tell you what I know in this way:

The recommended dose on the bottles of my nutrients are 4 ml of nutes per 1 Litre of water. a quarter of that recommended dose is what I started with. so I was adding 1 ml nutes per 1 Litre of water.
As I didnt need to feed a whole litre at a time, for the first while I only needed to give around 500ml at a time. So the correct amount of nutes (1/4 strength) for 500ml of water is actually not 1ml. It's 0.5ml.

0.5ml of nutes per 500ml water is the same as 1ml nutes per 1 Litre

You with me?

Man all this math is killin me. . I get what your saying though. My recommended dose is 5ml per gallon. So 1/4 of that would be 1.25ml per gallon. And since I'm only giving about 1/4 of a gallon my dose would be .3125 per 1/4 gallon. Now how do I measure .3125 ml? It doesn't convert to teaspoons. Well it does but it's .0634 of a teaspoon which leaves me to the how the hell do I measure that question again...Lol.

Man all this math is killin me. . I get what your saying though. My recommended dose is 5ml per gallon. So 1/4 of that would be 1.25ml per gallon. And since I'm only giving about 1/4 of a gallon my dose would be .3125 per 1/4 gallon. Now how do I measure .3125 ml? It doesn't convert to teaspoons. Well it does but it's .0634 of a teaspoon which leaves me to the how the hell do I measure that question again...Lol.

hahaahah I feel you man. What I did was get syringes from amazon. Their accurate enough. If you go to amazon, I recommend getting a PPM meter as well. Theyre cheap. And if you use a PPM meter, you dont need to focus only on the quantity of the liquid of your nutes etc, you can just go by how many ppms are in your water. You done much research on ppms? Its pretty intimidating in the beginning, but its actually pretty damn simple

yep syringes are the go! you'll work out the math champ :) even if you fill a reservoir up that is a gallon, using 1/4 or 1/2 strength and then use it for several waters. At least then you have your readings right, water ready to go and right nutrient amount. Ditch whats left over after a week for fresh stuff - just an idea its what I'm doing and its working fine.

hahaahah I feel you man. What I did was get syringes from amazon. Their accurate enough. If you go to amazon, I recommend getting a PPM meter as well. Theyre cheap. And if you use a PPM meter, you dont need to focus only on the quantity of the liquid of your nutes etc, you can just go by how many ppms are in your water. You done much research on ppms? Its pretty intimidating in the beginning, but its actually pretty damn simple

PPM reader is a good idea too! thanks Jurf i snoozed on that one! Correct me if I'm wrong but the density (PPM) of water should be no higher than 400 and nutrient solution no higher than 800? My tap water reads 200ppm and with nutes atm its about 530

PPM reader is a good idea too! thanks Jurf i snoozed on that one! Correct me if I'm wrong but the density (PPM) of water should be no higher than 400 and nutrient solution no higher than 800? My tap water reads 200ppm and with nutes atm its about 530

Yeah my tap water is at 350. Definitely in the high end of the spectrum. It doesnt seem to be damaging my plants yet, but I think it could effect the smoke. Im thinking about flushing with bottled water for my 2 week flush at the end of my grow. Not sure how much it will help but I think I should be good. I havent been able to dechlorinate my ater either... which sucks. I Really wish I had a rain water collection thing set up. Thatd be sweeet

Yeah my tap water is at 350. Definitely in the high end of the spectrum. It doesnt seem to be damaging my plants yet, but I think it could effect the smoke. Im thinking about flushing with bottled water for my 2 week flush at the end of my grow. Not sure how much it will help but I think I should be good. I havent been able to dechlorinate my ater either... which sucks. I Really wish I had a rain water collection thing set up. Thatd be sweeet

Ah yeh with distilled? I'm probably going to do the same .. 350 is high I wonder what factors would cause that. What's it bring it up to usually with nutes Jurf

Ah yeh with distilled? I'm probably going to do the same .. 350 is high I wonder what factors would cause that. What's it bring it up to usually with nutes Jurf

With nutes so far its gets to about 750-800. I've done a whole lot of swinging around on my current grow, even took it up to 1100 at one stage. Had deficiencies straight away lol. So brought it back down to 750 and took away the calmag. So far so good

Ober the last few days i defoliated the original 3 nodes to make some room . She was pretty compact. Thabkfully starting to stretch a little now

420-magazine-mobile1198057295.jpg

Thats what i do Jurf, i collect all my water, i have three 55-gallon plastic containers, i catch water off the gutters of the house and my building, i have had plenty of water so far, i have not been able to empy one of them yet, the rain has kept them full.✌

2 weeks old. Definitely starting to grow. Amazing what difference a week will make. I started adding nutes to the water yesterday. I went with 1/2 ml to 1/2 a gallon. It's a little less than 1/4 strength but I didn't wanna add too much in case my math was off. She seems to be responding nicely though.

420-magazine-mobile173787847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom