Beginning Of A New Journey

Where is your vent ending up? Venting the tent into the room that the tent is in should help increase humidity RH inside the tent, which should slightly also take down your temp.

Why is the temp so high? Is outside temp also quite high? If youlre running two lights for one plant, switch one of them off for now. One light is absolutely fine for just a seedling. How much heat is coming off your lights? Mars hydros should run pretty cool

And I know man! It definitely had me questioning if I was doing something wrong. As of right now it took me about 2 weeks to get it to finally sprout. I would've gone crazy if it took me a month. Lol.
Lol sprouting and germination took me less than a week. I started my journal before i even bought any equipment lol. Waiting for deliveries, generating funds and sussing out my home situation was what kept me so long

Lol sprouting and germination took me less than a week. I started my journal before i even bought any equipment lol. Waiting for deliveries, generating funds and sussing out my home situation was what kept me so long

Lol oh shit. Nevermind than. I'm hoping next time will take faster since I'll use the paper towel and ziploc right away. I was ready for this a while back but didn't have the space. But here we are, finally.

Aye. And man. Thankfully there are things you can do to increase humidity, at least marginally, without having a humidifier. Like hanging wet towels in your tent, having open water containers and reducing ambient temperature inside/outside the tent. At this stage, higher humidity will be quite beneficial to the plant, you definitely dont want temps that high right now. you ought to get em down to at least 80 f i believe.

When i first started, i have my plants propper up on cardboard boxes. I thinj the unlit soace inside those cardboard boxes effect my tent environment a bit, increasubg humidity, decreasing temps slightly. It doesnt sound too practical i know. It takes up space. But at the time it was for positioning my plants, not managing environment. But just saying, having a chunk of dark space that still gets airflow might help. Or it might be the absolute worst ides ever. Im not too sure lol.

Aye. And man. Thankfully there are things you can do to increase humidity, at least marginally, without having a humidifier. Like hanging wet towels in your tent, having open water containers and reducing ambient temperature inside/outside the tent. At this stage, higher humidity will be quite beneficial to the plant, you definitely dont want temps that high right now. you ought to get em down to at least 80 f i believe.

When i first started, i have my plants propper up on cardboard boxes. I thinj the unlit soace inside those cardboard boxes effect my tent environment a bit, increasubg humidity, decreasing temps slightly. It doesnt sound too practical i know. It takes up space. But at the time it was for positioning my plants, not managing environment. But just saying, having a chunk of dark space that still gets airflow might help. Or it might be the absolute worst ides ever. Im not too sure lol.

Yeah thanks man! I just got done putting about 4 open containers with water in there and I raised the lights a little bit. It was at 20" so I brought them up to 24". Hopefully that'll help bring the temp down a bit. I'm also grabbing that fan so that should help. I also turned off one of the lights. It seemed like it was creating too much heat. Especially since it wasn't humid enough in the tent. And it's definitely something to look into. Thanks for the tip. It couldn't hurt to try. Anything is helpful at this point. Lol.

Sorry I've been mia for a few days. I've been working on getting the temps under control. Unfortunately the plant stays at a steady 85 right now because I have to wait on a new ac unit from the apartment complex. I put a humidifier in the tent and have been able to get the rh up to 55%. Still got a long ways to go but I should have the temps more tolerable within a week. Hopefully my little seedling will survive until than.

420-magazine-mobile1083744584.jpg

Not looking so good though. I think the heat is getting to it.

Whats the temps outside the tent in the apartment like?
While 85% is fairly high, the seedling looks fine to me!

The temps in the apartment range anywhere from 75-85. I've tried getting more airflow in the tent to bring it down and I was hoping that adding the humidifier would help with that but all it's done is help the humidity in there which I'm really grateful for because before putting that in I couldn't even get the rh over 38%. But you say the seedling looks ok to you? I wasn't sure because the leaves are curling down and there's some discoloration on the other leaves. But this being my first time I'm sure I'll be wrong about a lot of things. Lol. But hey man thanks for sticking around and giving me feedback. It's much appreciated man. So, I've been giving it nothing but spring water so far. I shouldn't introduce nutes for what another week or so? Right? It's been on it's light cycle since last Friday. 4 days ago.

I wouldnt gve nutes for maybe even 2-3 weeks.

Its hard to see what decoloration you're talkin about in the led lighting. Maybe if you get a chance for a picture at natural window lghting or something that could make things clearer.

And yeah i guess the cotyledons (little baby leaves) are kinda aiming downward, but they arent usually a super indicator of the plant.

At later stages 80 f will be a pretty decent temp, and you could even cibsider supplementing with co2 a little during veg and keeping the extractor off, which would improve the humidity. Hoe many fsns you got?

Not sure what effect that'd have on temps. But hey atleast you can know that you wont have to worry about mold when its flowering time with those kinds of RH levels. Mold is scaring the crap out of me. Half the time my humidity is around 70%, and goes up to 85% during lights off! I got problems haha i mean yeah my RH is 46% nooww... but im at the mercy of the weather. When it rains the humidity skyrockets

Its hard to see what decoloration you're talkin about in the led lighting. Maybe if you get a chance for a picture at natural window lghting or something that could make things clearer.

And yeah i guess the cotyledons (little baby leaves) are kinda aiming downward, but they arent usually a super indicator of the plant.

At later stages 80 f will be a pretty decent temp, and you could even cibsider supplementing with co2 a little during veg and keeping the extractor off, which would improve the humidity. Hoe many fsns you got?

Not sure what effect that'd have on temps. But hey atleast you can know that you wont have to worry about mold when its flowering time with those kinds of RH levels. Mold is scaring the crap out of me. Half the time my humidity is around 70%, and goes up to 85% during lights off! I got problems haha i mean yeah my RH is 46% nooww... but im at the mercy of the weather. When it rains the humidity skyrockets

Yeah your right it was the leds. This picture looks a lot better. The little ones are still pointing down but the color of the leaves look pretty decent. In my professional opinion that is. Lol.

420-magazine-mobile1277043098.jpg

I'm not too worried about the rh much anymore. That seems to have leveled out between 45-55% with the humidifier going. And I'd imagine I would be able to turn it down some once I get to watering them much more often. And shit I'm glad I'm dealing with working on bringing the humidity up instead of down. That could be a huge pain in the ass. 85% is pretty damn wet! What do you do to try to keep it lower? Put a dehumidifier in the tent? But talking about the high temps. They won't stunt the growth of the seedling would they? I know more mature plants can thrive in high temps but not too sure about how the seedlings react. This one seems to be doing just fine. For now at least.

Yeah your seedling looks fine to me man. I cant see any problems tbh! You could give it a good spritzing whenever you get the chance, which Im sure it would appreciate haha. The first little while is the most painful part of the grow, when you cant see anything happening. 85 is certainly on the high side, but its not ungodly-high. Im prettu sure you're plant will make it through.

And for my humidity, it usually only last like that for a couple days, and only that high during the 6 hrs a day of lights-off. I just try keep a lot of wind on the plant to keep it fresh. So far I havent had probelms, but during flower i bet things will be much more complicated. Im praying for nice summer weather.

So I was just checking on my plant since the light cycle started and while I was looking at the cotyledons closer they seemed a little hard. I know you said they're not a huge indicator of the plant but should I be worried? The other 2 leaves seem just fine. Nice and soft. Kinda bowing down a bit but not much. Just figured I'd pick your brain a little.

As far as I remember my cotyledons were always somewhat firm. I didnt mess with them too much but they could have been described as "hard" anyway. They were certainly not too soft. How is growth going man? I hope you're taking pictures every couple days at least. Helps keep from going crazy thinking nothings happening lol.

Im sure the high heat and low humidity is not the best thing for the plant and will keep it from growing optimally, but it should still be alright, if im not mistaken. Oh damn and also, to help the humidity, you could put a see-through dome around the plants. SHit I forgot to tell you that. Like a tupperware or something. A couple small holes too keep some oxygen fresh etc, but the humidity in the dome will definitely be good. I've seen it done by a few people who had low Humidity and it helped a lot

I'm facing low heat and low humidity as its winter here and I'm in a dry region.... I've noticed slower growth too. Yours looks about right for a week. They won't start taking off till they get a bit more established and as Jurf said the cotyledons will be firmer. You should see new growth soon though.... also i used a 1/4 strength nute feed at 10 days (up to 10 days the seed has it power) and it responded well so as long as you go very light you should be ok at around that age. Good luck and look forward to seeing how it goes

Joey

I'm facing low heat and low humidity as its winter here and I'm in a dry region.... I've noticed slower growth too. Yours looks about right for a week. They won't start taking off till they get a bit more established and as Jurf said the cotyledons will be firmer. You should see new growth soon though.... also i used a 1/4 strength nute feed at 10 days (up to 10 days the seed has it power) and it responded well so as long as you go very light you should be ok at around that age. Good luck and look forward to seeing how it goes

Joey

So I have a question. When you say use it at 1/4 strength, is that with a gallon of water? I'm not giving my plant a gallon at feeding yet. Should I be? I'm still only watering around the seedling and a little spray on the middle.

As far as I remember my cotyledons were always somewhat firm. I didnt mess with them too much but they could have been described as "hard" anyway. They were certainly not too soft. How is growth going man? I hope you're taking pictures every couple days at least. Helps keep from going crazy thinking nothings happening lol.

Im sure the high heat and low humidity is not the best thing for the plant and will keep it from growing optimally, but it should still be alright, if im not mistaken. Oh damn and also, to help the humidity, you could put a see-through dome around the plants. SHit I forgot to tell you that. Like a tupperware or something. A couple small holes too keep some oxygen fresh etc, but the humidity in the dome will definitely be good. I've seen it done by a few people who had low Humidity and it helped a lot

Growth seems to be going pretty good man. I wouldn't think so if I hadn't been taking pictures almost everyday. That happened to me on Friday when I took that pic that I posted. I was like shit this thing isn't growing at all. Buuuut than I looked at my previous pics from throughout the week and realized it's slowly but surely growing. Lol. And thanks for that tip on the dome over the plant man. I'll remember that when I have a humidity issue again but the humidifier seems to be keeping the humidity above 50% so I should be all good for now. I do see more growth happening from the center of the plant. So I should be good for now. I'm just torn on when I should start the nutes. I know you said 2-3 weeks but I've read that the shell only has enough nutes to provide the plant with what's needed for about a week. Has holding off for about 2-3 weeks worked out good for you? I don't wanna feed it nutes too early and wind up burning my plant.

Are you in soil or coco? In coco, you start nutes from day one, as coco imitates soil physically but is pretty much completely void of nutes. so in that sense it ought to be treated like hydro. Good quality soil, however, should definitely have enough nutes to keep the plant healthy and thriving for at least a couple weeks.

Also, what brand of nutes are you using? What you got?

Back
Top Bottom