Beginning Of A New Journey

Links to Ama*** is against the rules on another forum (getting confused I AM)
Here it is against the rules to post an outside link to other grow sites like Gro*Wee*Eas*

"Hyperlinking
420 Magazine allows linking to most other websites for the purpose of providing a reference. We do not allow either recommending, linking to or discussing other Cannabis related forums/communities, blogs, listings or networking oriented communities such as Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter or Google Plus. We would like to be more directly connected with the entire global Cannabis community, however there are many bad seeds who spoil the fun for the rest of us. In the past, allowing posts to these other websites has gotten out of hand, resulting in forum spam with non sponsored products and attempts to recruit our members for other websites"

About the mold man, i'd get rid of it personally. Scraping it off shpuld be thr first thing you do. And just wait and see if any more happens. Chances are that ut happened because of poor airflow and high humidity. You gotta be the final judge on what you gotta do. Just do whatever it takes make sure that mold will not happen to your crop

Alright that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if there was a special type of way to get rid of it. I'll scrape it off after work. It's probably because I have it sitting in the tent with no fan on. I didn't think that'd be an issue with just trying to germinate the seeds but I guess I was wrong. Should I have the pellet just sitting out on my counter than and wait for it to sprout to throw it in the tent? Any advice would be very helpful bro. My first attempt at growing anything so I'm lost here. Lol.

Dude, in order for the best germination, you want the best germination environment. If you dint have a propagator, thats ayt. You can simulate the ideal environment easy enough. The seeds is in you damp jiffy thing right? Well you want that soil to be in a warmer-than-usual temperature for germination. Anywherr above around 25 degrees f or upward about 5-10 degrees is all GG man. You can get this kind of effect, likely. By just leaving your soil/seed on top of your fridge. Or somewhere/anywhere in your house thats gonna be warm most the time, like a hotpress or aomething. Not too hot though! Lol. I think letting it sit on the radiator is a bad idea, unless you're sure you can somehow keep the temperature moderate.

Now take into account that higher tempertures will likely lead to higher rate of evaporation. Thats alrifht man.just trap the water content by putting the soil stuff in a sealed container.

Theres probably lots of typos in there. Sorry if i missed any

Propagators are designed to provide the majority of seeds the ideal environment. All that is, is slightly higher-than-room temperature, and keeping the water from evaporating.

Thats all you gotta do for the best seed germination.

Once you get your seed in a good environment, you can focus on mansging your tent environment man. Its really not too hard, just might cost you some dollas hahah. But oh, what we do for the things we love

Propagators are designed to provide the majority of seeds the ideal environment. All that is, is slightly higher-than-room temperature, and keeping the water from evaporating.

Thats all you gotta do for the best seed germination.

Once you get your seed in a good environment, you can focus on mansging your tent environment man. Its really not too hard, just might cost you some dollas hahah. But oh, what we do for the things we love

It may cost some up front but the end result...definitely worth it. I looked into the propagator and it's definitely something I'm going to be picking up real soon. I didn't even know about that way of germinating so thank you for that. I hope I haven't doomed this seed already.

If the seed was never let dry, to the best of my knowledge it should still be as viable as ever. So as long as it was kept damp you ought to be good. How long has it been now man?

It hasn't even been a week. 5 days today. I was just worried about the mold growing on it but I'm sure someone would've told me that the seed was fucked by now. Lol.

lol. Well I think you should be ok man. It's still a good time to get that seed to a warmish spot.. CHances are, if the seed actually aint a dud, right now the taproot is out and long and getting ready to sprout the plant! I actually cant wait to see your grow come alive man

You and me both man. These past 5 days have felt like an eternity but was that baby sprouts the fun begins!! Lol. I took my pellet and put it on the of the fridge. I figured that's the best place for it now. I guess putting it in the tent with no air circulation and complete darkness was a recipe for mold. Who woulda known. ..

Ok guys this might seem like a dumb question but I have a plastic pot that has like an auto watering part at the bottom. Now I thought it was a good idea at first but than I read that when watering we want a 15-20% runoff. Should I drill some holes in the bottom so i can get that runoff and just place a huge plate under it or something like that.. or will the auto watering pot be good to use?

Dude what strain are you using again? Its not an autoflower is it? And you;re in soil right?

For the beginning, I dont think you're gonna need any run off. INfact its better to avoid it, as over watering is an likely problem to run into for a few reasons if you're watering to run-off before the root system is strong.

I got a blueberry strain going and it's a photo. Yeah I'm going with soil. So I won't need any run off in the beginning but what about when it's mature. Should I make some holes to prepare for the future? I don't plan on transplanting to different pots so the next pot it'll be in will be the one I use for the life of the plant.

420-magazine-mobile1230304007.jpg

This is my pot. Should I drill holes in it before throwing soil in there? Or is this fine the way it is? I'm so lost. Lol.

Yes absolutely. All containers should really have the option for runoff in my opinion. Your chances of root rot would probably increase tenfold without the holes.

It'll be interesting to see how things go. I've had my head buried in all things autoflower so a photo grow will really be refreshing haha.

Man thanks for responding to my questions! I appreciate the input! I'll make four holes. That should be plenty right? How does an auto grow work? What's the time frame on them? I didn't even know about autos until after I bought my current seeds. Are they an easier grow? And is it a quicker harvest time?

I went with autos because generally theyre supposed to be a surers quicker and more beginner friendly grow. I believe most autos take anywhere from 8-11 weeks from seed to harvest. also, you dont really need to stress too much about when youi're going to slip to flower with autos, as they do it by themselves mostly.

The tricky part with autos is simply that you have a limited time for veg growth, so the first few weeks you're trying to do everything in your power to make growth and strong and abundant as possible to set up bud-sights (where buds grow lol). Not to mention you dont really need to worry about getting a male with autos, as from what I knpow, from most reputable breeders anyway, you're highly likely to get a female. I could be askew in some of my info here, but I think Im mostly on point. I also have not yet read about autos hermying out. so thats good.

I personally am going to be sticking with autos for the next little while, at least untill I know I have enough bud to get me through the long grow of a photo period haha. You can check out my journal man, I just started growing not long ago. My first ever seed is only on day 8 from breaking the surface. Its an auto white widow from dutch passion

And about your drain holes, as long as you know you wont have any water sitting at the base of your pot, thats all G man

I went with autos because generally theyre supposed to be a surers quicker and more beginner friendly grow. I believe most autos take anywhere from 8-11 weeks from seed to harvest. also, you dont really need to stress too much about when youi're going to slip to flower with autos, as they do it by themselves mostly.

The tricky part with autos is simply that you have a limited time for veg growth, so the first few weeks you're trying to do everything in your power to make growth and strong and abundant as possible to set up bud-sights (where buds grow lol). Not to mention you dont really need to worry about getting a male with autos, as from what I knpow, from most reputable breeders anyway, you're highly likely to get a female. I could be askew in some of my info here, but I think Im mostly on point. I also have not yet read about autos hermying out. so thats good.

I personally am going to be sticking with autos for the next little while, at least untill I know I have enough bud to get me through the long grow of a photo period haha. You can check out my journal man, I just started growing not long ago. My first ever seed is only on day 8 from breaking the surface. Its an auto white widow from dutch passion

And about your drain holes, as long as you know you wont have any water sitting at the base of your pot, thats all G man

Yeah I think I'll try the autos next time. The more I look into it the more I like the idea of them. Quick harvest with pretty high thc sounds pretty damn good to me. I just drilled about 6-8 holes at the bottom. So once this little guy pops up I'll be set to go. Any day now...

Back
Top Bottom