Beginning Of A New Journey

420-magazine-mobile1185358287.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2124272841.jpg

I did wind up cleaning it up a bit and rearranged how things sat do I can get my lights to hang a little more comfortably. But I might run into some height issues now that I look at it. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Lol.

Thanx for the compliment!

Spring water is just fine but expensive! Always check ph before and after adding nutes.
Not as critical for soil though...Suggest a range of between 6.2-6.5 just before you water.
On advice from my local grow shop, I mix 25% tap water with the RO water ..No Cal/Mag needed as yet..

Check out the Edit I just made to the Picture in my last post to you...After only 5 days ,,growth and BUDS are exploding...
Using Can** Flores at 3/4 strength now Plus a Bloom Enhancer by Humbo** (garg..something LOL..too lazy to check I am!)

No problem. I am using soil. I'm using sunshine soil. But I was going to buy a digital ph tester anyways I just don't have one yet. But if I use spring water at the beginning it's pretty safe to say I should be fine right? And man have those plants grown. Does it get hard controlling them through the screen?

Haha. My bad buddy. Yeah it's 1.5'x3'x5.2'. It's a decent size but I'm not sure the width is big enough. I'll make that choice after my first hopeful harvest. I just looked them up and your right they are 300w with 150w draw. Gotta love eBay man. Lol. And yeah man I'm excited for the blueberry deliciousness. I don't think the link worked though because I don't see one.

Oh link is in the bottom, my signature sorry champ... Ah yeh hopefully the width will be OK i don't know about two plants, but one bigger one perhaps I'm not sure go for gold mate and see what happens :) Yeh ebay is sick i got 2 Mars like yours two except i got a 600 and 300 so my draws like 450 which may prove to be overkill but we will see...

Oh link is in the bottom, my signature sorry champ... Ah yeh hopefully the width will be OK i don't know about two plants, but one bigger one perhaps I'm not sure go for gold mate and see what happens :) Yeh ebay is sick i got 2 Mars like yours two except i got a 600 and 300 so my draws like 450 which may prove to be overkill but we will see...

No worries. Yeah I'm going to switch my setup a little bit. Which will give me more headroom which might make 2 possible but we'll see I'll make that call at the end of my harvest. See how much space I wind up with at the end. But with your light situation, is there such a thing as too much light?

So I've had my seed germinating since mid day Friday. 3 days ago. I'm probably just being to anxious because well let's be serious I'm really fuckin excited to get this grow going. But what's the normal time frame that a seed sprouts out of jiffy pellets? And I've read that with tents as small as mine fans aren't really necessary. What do you guys think about that? I'm worried the stems won't get strong enough from the wind coming from the fan. But I've been assured they'll be fine. So I'm confused on if I need it or would it be a waste of space and money?

It'll take some creativity on your part on how to hang it safely but take it and hang it up and down not side to side like you have it now.
420-magazine-mobile1319997330.jpg

Yeah I don't really trust my handy work when it comes to securely mounting the filter so I think that I'm going to go with putting it in the corner on the ground. Vertically of course with ducting going from the fan to the exit hole. Probably not as good as most would do but I think it'll work.

You need a smoke...Chill out.
They can take anywhere from 1 day to a week or so!:thedoubletake:
When you have the hankering to sneak a peak before you see a pop...SIT ON THOSE HANDS...LOL

You need a smoke...Chill out.
They can take anywhere from 1 day to a week or so!:thedoubletake:
When you have the hankering to sneak a peak before you see a pop...SIT ON THOSE HANDS...LOL

Lol. I know that's what my wife keeps telling me. But damn as it being my first grow I'm way to anxious to get going on this.

Putting it on the ground is counterintuitive to what you are partly using it for, heat extraction. Heat rises... with it on the ground the heat will just sit in the top of your tent. Thats a guaranteed heat issues.

Damn so than do you think it'd be a better idea to just leave it where it's at. I don't trust my skills at trying to mount it in the corner. I wouldn't even know where to begin since I'd be attempting to mount it to my tent. I'm only growing one plant so I would think the height issue would come into play if I were growing two. But than again seeing as this is my first attempt what the hell do I know, right? ..

Lemme survey my filter and see if I can get creative enough to figure a solution out for u to get that thing hing. What size is it?

It's the can fan 4" filter fan combo off of ebay. And man any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Putting it on the floor was the best I could come up with. Lol. But I do have a question about the heat...will it get that hot in the tent with me using leds?

So I was looking at my pellet this morning to see if it sprouted. It had some fluffy white spots on the top and in parts around it. It looks like mold but not really sure if it is. I forgot to take a picture before leaving for work but is something like that normal?

No, Sounds like mold...Pictures when you return from work?
Remember, NO TOUCHY, until we figure it out!
COULD ALWAYS BE BENEFICIAL mold too!:hmmmm:

No, Sounds like mold...Pictures when you return from work?
Remember, NO TOUCHY, until we figure it out!
COULD ALWAYS BE BENEFICIAL mold too!:hmmmm:

Yeah I can for sure grab a picture when I get home. Sorry to say I did touch it earlier. It's still there just not completely intact. But there's still enough for me to grab that picture later. And how can you tell if it's beneficial mold or not?

Mean time, let me chat with WIFEY..
I will ask her to hold out in you until you listen...HahHahHah
:goof::goof::goof:

So I've had my seed germinating since mid day Friday. 3 days ago. I'm probably just being to anxious because well let's be serious I'm really fuckin excited to get this grow going. But what's the normal time frame that a seed sprouts out of jiffy pellets? And I've read that with tents as small as mine fans aren't really necessary. What do you guys think about that? I'm worried the stems won't get strong enough from the wind coming from the fan. But I've been assured they'll be fine. So I'm confused on if I need it or would it be a waste of space and money?
If i was you i would atleast put a clip fan in there, you probably don't necessarily need it but i like to put it in there to help airflow through my plants canopy. They don't cost but about $8, and they don't cost much to run. Im still on my first indoor grow but the way i look at it imho is i would rather be safe than sorry. Hope his helps best of luck to you.✌

Mean time, let me chat with WIFEY..
I will ask her to hold out in you until you listen...HahHahHah
:goof::goof::goof:

Hahaha. Yeah you won't get much argument from her. I have been known to not listen once in awhile. Lol.

420-magazine-mobile579597246.jpg

Here's the picture. There's one big spot in the middle and than a bunch of little areas around the net. Does this mean I kept the jiffy pellet too wet?

Kind of hard to say...could be the good mold! I keep my own Jiffy pellets soaked as well.
Current experiment is putting the Pellets into my home made cloning machine..So far, no roots, but the clones appear healthy and seem happy!

If Wifey doesn't tie your hands..you will be lucky...I presume she partakes, and wants the grow to be successful! :)
Clones_5-1-17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom