Best 3x3 grow space LED

Im running a 3x3x6, i used a cob,used a mars hydro 2 . So far the greatest results have been with a quantum board. Im using a spiderfarmer 1000. I would recomend a quantum board over any other light, based on my personal experiences. It was simple to see the difference within the first few days after my girls broke the dirt. Im not knocking any other lights....but ill spit some truth at you.

What did I tell you @Mosaicmind9x !

Mars Hydro has none right now except in the visible part of the spectrum, at least from their published spectrum.

They claim on their website that the SP's includes UV in the product descriptions, and in the thread @SmokeSara starts out by saying she's verified they SP series has UV, so IDK.

The difference between a company that is afraid someone will steal proprietary information and incorporate into his/her products... and someone who has already done so, lol?

Actually, the quantum board I bought close to a year ago (with UV, IR and Far Red) directly from China looks EXACTLY like some of the offerings of our sponsors now, the only difference being the very large markup I bypassed. There are light manufacturers and there are light vendors.

based on my personal experiences. It was simple to see the difference within the first few days after my girls broke the dirt.

My personal experience is that sprouts under the same light react just about as differently from each other as they do under different lights. That's alot of variables unaccounted for.

Its all about budget and research. You can grow great weed with "cheap" lights, and spend WAY too much money on "great" lights that don't do you a bit better good. Mars Hydro for the win.

What did I tell you @Mosaicmind9x !

They claim on their website that the light includes UV, and in the thread @SmokeSara starts out by saying she's verified they SP series has UV, so IDK.

Actually, the quantum board I bought close to a year ago (with UV, IR and Far Red) directly from China looks EXACTLY like some of the offerings of our sponsors now, the only difference being the very large markup I bypassed. There are light manufacturers and there are light vendors.

My personal experience is that sprouts under the same light react just about as differently from each other as they do under different lights. That's alot of variables unaccounted for.

Its all about budget and research. You can grow great weed with "cheap" lights, and spend WAY too much money on "great" lights that don't do you a bit better good. Mars Hydro for the win.

While I don’t want to sound negative, she never pointed out any specs on the UV diode they include. So until I see specs not just “We include a UV diode” that tells me absolutely nothing, and leaves the reader to speculate and make assumptions with no factual basis. Kinda miss-leading to be honest.

Also keep in mind, while most are American companies, they buy chinese parts and assemble them in the states and remarket it. If you were to buy actually American grown diode material and manufactured LEDs it would cost an arm and a leg. Thats why you see multiple chinese knock-offs of everything in the world because the parts are made there already.

Fair enough. I don't think there are instances I'm aware anyway of where they were touting things that weren't true, and I grow fat, hard buds under them, so I'm going to take her at her words, I have no reason to do otherwise.

You misunderstand, the differential between including uva diodes and not including them, is only seen in the thc/resin production and a low differential at that of about 5% increase on the base. You will get the same quantity and nearly identical quality unless you put it under a microscope and analyze the trichrome density.
Mars Hydro produces a great spectrum at nice efficiencies, they don’t have a diode at <400nm which is UVA. Which again unless you pull out a scope and do a side by side like Nebula Haze did on Instagram recently, you won’t notice the difference.

Thats why you see multiple chinese knock-offs of everything in the world because the parts are made there already.

I've been a light fanatic since I started my pot condo endeavor, I do lots of looking even when I'm not buying. The "knock-offs" look EXACTLY like the "original" and are available a year earlier? My observations over the last year are in some cases directly opposite of your described scenario.

Anything between 315-400 is considered UVA I believe right? The LED's in my China express are 390's. I would assume that's what Mars Hydro is using also. Lets get some confirmation shall we? @SmokeSara will fill us in soon.

Their spectrum doesn’t show a centered 390nm diode. If it did I’d be excited, I just want a spec from her, bandwidth, and center wavelength, or chip ID. Then I’ll change my mind. I studied lasers and photonics for 7 years in university, along with growing up around it my whole life. I’ve have seen more diodes and led’s than I need to in a life time. To say the least.

Which again unless you pull out a scope and do a side by side like Nebula Haze did on Instagram recently, you won’t notice the difference.

Why is this even a consideration here then? This is some lofty stuff for a thread that originally was just light to fill a 3x3.

The point I'm trying to make is in some cases we are spending WAY too much money to chase minuscule improvements and unknowns we can't even notice.

Well the debate was over the optimal 3x3 led. The difference being with and without uva. Indeed, it comes down to a personal preference and how much you care to lighten your pocket book at the end of the day. Does it really matter, no, certainly not. Is it fun to test the natural processes of our world and exploit them? Absolutely, thats just science.

stick with a decent builder that uses a good chipset.

for the qb style board you're gonna want a samsung chipset. samsung lm301's are the latest tech. there are a couple other chipsets out there as well. anything passively cooled is going to be a better fixture over a boxed appliance with fans. things get inefficient fast with boxes and fans.

also look for mean well drivers. hlg or elg series. the rest are junk.

a lot of the chinese ali-baba is knockoff crap. even junk chipsets will perform to a degree.

There is no UVA in Mars Hydro SP 250 spectrum. It cuts off at 400nm.
51ED3121-0077-4E3E-8798-A67521E11FE0.jpeg

stick with a decent builder that uses a good chipset.

for the qb style board you're gonna want a samsung chipset. samsung lm301's are the latest tech. there are a couple other chipsets out there as well. anything passively cooled is going to be a better fixture over a boxed appliance with fans. things get inefficient fast with boxes and fans.

also look for mean well drivers. hlg or elg series. the rest are junk.

a lot of the chinese ali-baba is knockoff crap. even junk chipsets will perform to a degree.
On Alibaba, i was looking at the one SF2000. its price was like 250ish USD. you really need to be careful because that site and board has like 800 something diodes. But on the SF website...the SF2000 is priced much higher and has well over 1200 diodes on them.

Back
Top Bottom