Best 3x3 grow space LED

a lot of the chinese ali-baba is knockoff crap. even junk chipsets will perform to a degree.

On the other side of the coin, alot of the Chinese ali-baba is what our vendors are selling. And is it "junk" if it performs? I've grown some pretty nice bud under it. What yield and lifespan would make it "not junk"?

On the other side of the coin, alot of the Chinese ali-baba is what our vendors are selling.

and amazon has never sold a fake. you might get lucky. :)

People tend to forget not everyone has the same wallet size or grow rooms.....if what you have makes you happy at the end of the day, that's all that matters. I have seen monster plants grown under the cheapest lights out there and I have seen terrible plants on the best setups going. At least people here don't trash other members because of what brand of things they are using in their garden.

This is from their commercial lighting page on the SP 250, they go on to explain how they use the UV and far red

-a99e-8a0204b5471b.__CR0,0,350,175_PT0_SX350_V1___.jpg

Full Spectrum Led Grow Light

Core Coverage: 2'x4'

Max Coverage: 4'x5'

Par Value:925umol

Spectrum: 380-410nm,650-660nm,730-740nm, 3000K-3200K,6000-6500K

Lumen: 41849LM±5%@AC120V

42886LM±5%@AC 277V

Power Draw: 232W±5%@AC120V

224W±5%@AC277V

Input Voltage: AC100-277V

Amp:1.9A@AC120V 0.84A@AC 277V

At least people here don't trash other members because of what brand of things they are using in their garden.

Alas, but they do. THey are just more indirect about it.

and amazon has never sold a fake. you might get lucky.

I purchased the light in quesiton directly from the manufacturer a year before it was available on the domestic vendors sites. When it did arrive on the domestic vendors sites, it was marked up easily 200%. That vendor has to get their product somewhere, are you telling me they are buying the quality Chinese stuff and mine is crap and just looks nice? I would just say my yields beg to differ.

They don’t have any energy at the wavelength range they specify. Again, as I said until they post the specs of the diode, I don’t believe it. Look at the drop off and measure it, the tail of the curve drops at 400nm. There may be a few MILLIWATTS below 400nm purely to thermal broadening in the diode spectrum, but that is the equivalent of nothing.

Post the specs of the diode thats all.

I purchased the light in quesiton directly from the manufacturer a year before it was available on the domestic vendors sites. When it did arrive on the domestic vendors sites, it was marked up easily 200%. That vendor has to get their product somewhere, are you telling me they are buying the quality Chinese stuff and mine is crap and just looks nice? I would just say my yields beg to differ.

there was chagrin and much ruffling of feathers .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

all i am saying is buyer beware. it's upon yourself to do the due diligence.

Buyer beware certainly anything from China. They have different regulations on electrical requirements which can be potential for electrical fire or early failure.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some chinese one may perform better, because they don’t have the safety restrictions of the usa and push things a bit which can be dangerous and again cause problems.

Buyer beware, the mark up is sometimes worth it.

That makes no sense. If I buy a product with the exact same specs as another vendors product, looks the same, uses the same driver and same leds, and produces the same qaulity results, how is paying 3 times the cost a benefit?

I get the China bashing I guess. I don't buy into it myself.

You doubt Mars Hydro, I doubt Budget LED. I'd like to know if they are R&Ding their own boards or just reselling their ali-baba contacts as well.

Because of the exact reasons I just said. Again, china has no comparable regulations on material used, quality of material used, and will spec things to be “identical” to American products for the exact reason to have you buy theirs because some sweat shop assembled it for 1$ an hour.

However, the products will not be identical at all. This is the biggest problem in the photonics industry right now is china copies and rips off every design within weeks of release. This happens with lasers allllllll the time, its disgusting to be honest. The product will look identitcal, they will spec it the same, but when you pull it apart and look at the fine details, its poor quality and risk of failure is high every time. Its sad to go to trade shows and see identical systems on othersides of the show.

I never buy anything from China when it comes to lasers and photonics because what they market is different from what you receive more often than not.

Again, take what you will from this with a lick of salt and a shot of tequila.

Budget LED doesn’t hide where they get anything. Its Samsung boards with osram and lg leds. Mars Hydro doesn’t spec it, for proprietary reasons I’m sure but they aren’t growing the diode material and manufacturing from scratch. Thats about as clear and defined as one could possibly get, hence why I go that route, with the 385nm diode included.

I never buy anything from China when it comes to lasers and photonics because what they market is different from what you receive more often than not.

I'd be curious where you do buy them from, as China pretty much runs the show there along with thousands of other products and components we've decide to let someone make for us cheaper.

THe proof is in the results isnt it. I paid a fraction of what Budget wants for what looks to be the exact same light with the same specs, it hasnt crashed on me, it grows great weed. One off? Maybe. Has a Budget LED light ever gone bad? Probably.

Budget LED doesn’t hide where they get anything.

I believe they do. Why do they white out and turn over their drivers in their pictures and not provide any closeups of the boards? It's quite possible they are trying hide their formulas, but it's also entirely possible they don't want you finding out that you can buy those exact components made by those exact manufactuers for much less.

Its easy to make a comparison between a company like Mars Hydro and Budget LED by looking at their offerings. It's blatently obvious who is innovating and who is just reselling, at least to me.

I buy everything diode related from Lithuania or Germany specifically Mainz, or Hungary. Those are the best producers of optics and diode material in the world because of the Fraunhoffer Institutes.

Budget LED is quite the opposite of what you said as you can buy the individual parts and make your own boards with Budget LED equipment via Samsung. Its in their DIY section. You can also reach out to them and they provide all the info you need to spec out a DIY.

Anyone in the photonics industry who develops quality equipment thats reliable and sustainable, doesn’t buy from china, thats how the industry is.

Mars Hydro isn’t innovating, or changing the market. They buy and reassemble just like everyone else. They have their own reflector and brand to market themselves more. Thats just marketing. People have been growing with LEDs at nasa for much longer, there isn’t much innovation besides the companies who actual publish scientific papers showing comparative results. For example Blackdog LED. Budget is a knock-off of their idea, but Blackdog did the scientific work. Another reason I state Budget LED.

Not being a negative nancy, but thats just how LED companies work.

Back
Top Bottom