Best crop ever!

Jackalope

I have just began to trim everything up. Already this is the best crop ever.

Then I remembered I had one last year too LOL. My growing isn't getting that much better. Call it a phenomenon or whatever you want it is real. Especially for me. With all my weed grown in the winter. By the time I get my first winter harvest I am down to the last of old weed I have been smoking for a long time. Mostly it is the shake in the bottom of the jars. My tolerance has built up on all of them in a lot of cases. Most all the best stuff is long gone. Try as I might I just can't make great weed last LMAO.

That is only a part of it. If you are like me and grow different strains all the time. The first smoke is always exciting. You pay so muchmore attention to all the little things about the flavor and high the first time. This really helps a person enjoy a high. So often we find ourselves just smoking and going.

For real strong weed. Something about the intensity when it is fresh is different. In cases it seems stronger. The high changes with a cure becoming more defined. Some highs need this more than others.

All these things put together can make any harvest the best ever. That and the fact you are testing and trying for a couple weeks help make harvests stand out. While I will not be as desperate when the next harvest happens. Next year I will get another one. Just another great thing about growing. You can have the best harvest ever even if you don't learn to grow better. I just hope I will continue to feel this way forever.

With home growing you do get a lot of product from just a few strains. You do get used to them and build up some tolerance. I feel the same as you with the excitement of a new harvest. I recently sampled a few testers from the girls and I am anxiously awaiting the chop.

Funny part about runing out of weed. When you have a crap load of it you don't care about being stingy with it and sometimes are a little wasteful but boy when the jars run low you can make it last as long as you have to. :)

Saving roach weed helps. Only problem is all my roaches are mixed together. One joint can do all kinds of weird ass shit to you LOL.

Test buds are the best ever o_O. That is what got me on the intencity thing. I have a Basic Skunk 19 x Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm. Just tried it yesterday after a bud was just dry enough. The intensity of this high is almost uncomfortable. Real similar to the C-99 high but it is racier. Can't smoke this and sit around the house that's for damn sure. Moving around it is great LOL. Found my ice fishing weed.

So you do believe that growing your own. Taking your time adds up to a better smoke than what you can buy? I really hope that is the case. I need some Stinky, Fat ☆Nugs from home.

Yes and no... Depends who you buy off.. not going to be able to grow as good as some, be able to grow better than others. I mean if your buying off a grower who wins cups etc, do you really expect to be able to grow it at that level? But you'll already be at an advantage, not having time and weight restraints...

Grizz put it about right. To tell the truth most the weed out there on the market is grown well. It wouldn't ever make it into a bag for sale if not for that. Just because they can grow better does not mean it is stronger or better then you can grow at home. Genetics "IS "everything.

The differences start when you can grow the genetics you want. The effects of pot you want to grow has a better chance of being what you like. No matter how strong a weed is. It does you no good if it doesn't have the effects you want. So by picking your own strain you may not be growing better weed. You may still be happier in the end though..

Then you get to the fact . What you grow yourself tends to have a great effect on a person. The personal part helps this more than people think. When you get to the point that you supply your own weed it no longer matters if others are growing better. As long as you are happy all is good.

I personally have now stopped trying to grow weed as strong as what is winning cups. Who cares how strong it is. Lots of strong weed does not have the effects I want. Now I grow the highs I like and don't worry about numbers. My head is the only indicator I care about anymore.

Reading lately have seen 2 articles that have conflicting info from what was known previously known.

First was that CBD is psychoactive. It does affect the brain and how we feel. It may not get you baked but you can feel the affects.

That and the fact that the amount of THC does not effect the high. It is the Terpenes that are defining lots of the highs out there.

These facts prove what I have always felt. THC % means nothing effects mean everything.

Reading lately have seen 2 articles that have conflicting info from what was known previously known.

First was that CBD is psychoactive. It does affect the brain and how we feel. It may not get you baked but you can feel the affects.

That and the fact that the amount of THC does not effect the high. It is the Terpenes that are defining lots of the highs out there.

These facts prove what I have always felt. THC % means nothing effects mean everything.

I don't have the big bucks (or desire) to test everything I grow for %'s, but IMHO it is a lot more complicated than just THC% equals how good it is. As being in a legal State I still buy stuff at Dispensaries if I see a Strain I want to try as I've only been smoking a couple years again as took 20+ years off in the middle due to Employment that did random tests quite regularly (they would pull about 20% a month, we called it winning the company lottery :rofl: sometimes they would bring in a trailer and test everyone just to mess with us, so you always had 0 warning and a go to the office/trailer and pee in a cup). As I have had stuff from Dispensaries that tested at 17% kick just as hard or harder than some that tested at 29%, so the terps and a bunch of other factors to it in my opinion. Probably also can throw in a psychological aspect to it, similar to how a good wine or craft beer will be a better "high" than the nasty stuff that is hard to put down with the same alcohol % ;)

Grizz put it about right. To tell the truth most the weed out there on the market is grown well. It wouldn't ever make it into a bag for sale if not for that. Just because they can grow better does not mean it is stronger or better then you can grow at home. Genetics "IS "everything.

The differences start when you can grow the genetics you want. The effects of pot you want to grow has a better chance of being what you like. No matter how strong a weed is. It does you no good if it doesn't have the effects you want. So by picking your own strain you may not be growing better weed. You may still be happier in the end though..

Then you get to the fact . What you grow yourself tends to have a great effect on a person. The personal part helps this more than people think. When you get to the point that you supply your own weed it no longer matters if others are growing better. As long as you are happy all is good.

I personally have now stopped trying to grow weed as strong as what is winning cups. Who cares how strong it is. Lots of strong weed does not have the effects I want. Now I grow the highs I like and don't worry about numbers. My head is the only indicator I care about anymore.
Really get what your saying. There are so many growing different strains. You never really know what you like till you try. When I go to the Rec store here in Colorado I ask for the highest strain of THC available and it barely gets me high. I'm used to old school smoke where one hit put me on my knees. But that was way back in 67.

Feels like higher thc, more stoned you get.. stoned and high (2me) are two different things.. feels like once pushed over certain limit, puts led in your shoes to keep you on the ground and not flying away...

One thing I am noticing from my most recent crop. (Which should be my strongest grow to date.) While they are all pretty strong. It is the intensity that really seems to be different. Maybe I was just too used to all this older weed I had.

Not sure if the THC percent is higher like I expected but the highs are great. One of the things I was really shooting for this grow was flavor along with high THC. Is my weed better or is it the higher terpene profiles doing it. Who knows or cares right now. So far they are all mostly sativa highs. Going to need some indica to show up soon or I won't be sleeping well till next harvest LMAO.

What I am realizing these days is that thc content aside, a good part of what makes pot strong and enjoyable comes from the cure. I have realized that my tried and true dry/put in jars/burp curing process is not the best way to do things. With my next harvest I am going to split the harvest in thirds and try 3 curing methods, the same one I have been using for years, the low and slow refrigerator method, and the fermenting method. I have a good suspicion that both the low and slow and the fermenting method will show me that all of these years I have been doing it wrong, and that the quality of my product is about to dramatically increase. Curing, which most dispensaries do not do effectively, is fully half of this process of growing good pot, and done well, the rewards are there to be had.

I agree on drying and curing. Especially now that I am growing better genetics and better plants. I grow from seed so every plant is not a great pheno. Someday that will change. Tell then I have to get the best flavor and overall effects out of each plant. I need them to be the best as they can be. Plus any of us that have grown for a while should try and improve everything if we can.

Interested in your results. I have had pretty good luck with your basic drying style. I have used it for 30 years. Variables within it, like temp and humidity are important. I would try adjusting those before getting to carried away with anything fancy. That is where I am finding my most improvements.

I have dried and cured I don't how many crops... Literally I forget how many. More than five, but maybe not more than ten.

Anyway, I just realized this last run inhave been drying way too much before jarring. I had been thinking it just dried too fast, but this time around I decided to not let them dry as much either, and they kept so much more aroma and flavor for me.

I think so much of this is an art. You can tell someone, "Put a brush in paint and stroke it across canvas," but you can't tell someone how to paint a masterpiece. I was told to dry until stems snapped; turns out there's a lot of degree to a "snap" that took me this many tries to get right.

I think people write off THC analysis too much. I have heard all the speculation about terpenes, the little bit of actual science, but from my experience in growing strains... Strains with higher THC ratings get me higher.

I tried some Banging Haze that was only rated to 17% but everyone cautiouned me not to write it off because the terpenes could contribute something to it, but honestly here I am months later and I haven't touched much of it. It is very smooth and smokes well, but it basically has to since I have to smoke more of it to get where I need to go.

On the other hand every time I seek a strain with reputation of 20% or higher I am much happier. I have been fortunate enough to have access to testing facilities nearby to confirm reported percentages from breeders.

I think people are just lashing out at the recreational market. I feel like I have blabbed about this before though haha

Anyway I wish I could get a wall of weed. Or have enough to experiment with cobs or putting it in my fridge. But I pull a measly amount compared to most.

Though--and I don't mean to brag or disparage--the stuff I have grown often looks a lot more resinous than a lot of those yield- busting strains and sometimes I just like to be grateful I am getting quality over quantity.

Most of my crops have never sat around in jars as long as this Bangi Haze. I am actually thinking about turning it into hash because I have to smoke too much of it at once in flower form.

I believe it just keeps getting better with a longer cure. I had a haze jared up for a year once and it went from kinda rough or harsh to being a lot smoother. It sat around at the time because I had so many better things to smoke. Now I'm not stocked up on jars as I once was. But I'm getting back in the game and I'll get there once again :)

I believe it just keeps getting better with a longer cure. I had a haze jared up for a year once and it went from kinda rough or harsh to being a lot smoother. It sat around at the time because I had so many better things to smoke. Now I'm not stocked up on jars as I once was. But I'm getting back in the game and I'll get there once again :)

Amen to that. I opened a jar of Green Crack last week that has been on the shelf 7 months. It seemed way too dry at first, but when I crushed it up you could see all these tiny little calyx flowers, and it smelled like a bloody bouquet. Got lucky with that one. I think a long slow cure is great for decarbing also?

Back
Top Bottom