BESTVA LED Grow Light Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cable hangars definitely are too long. Either needs to be adjustable or seriously shorter and use the braided nylon hangar to get lower.
As is most plants after 45 days will require a different light as these will hit the plants
seriously ? that's a big problem of your grow ,it's really easy to solve that ,we have adjust cord ,can you use it ?

OK, i got it ,the factory wil improve that ,sorry for the inconvenience caused
its not really an issue, its just a design flaw that honestly most of these lights share
if you could make the wire hangars adjustable all the way to ZERO it would allow
the lights to be used when the plants are taller
most tents are about 4 to 6 feet tall and the cables are wasting at a minimum 12 to 18 inches
before you even use the nylon cord to hang the light and lower any more.
the basic light seems solid so far, still kind of on the fence with the passive cooling
no fans seems like it may be an issue long term, but we shall see as it is currently
thanks for being a sponsor and being responsive to input from the end users

if you could make the wire hangars adjustable all the way to ZERO it would allow
the lights to be used when the plants are taller
most tents are about 4 to 6 feet tall and the cables are wasting at a minimum 12 to 18 inches
before you even use the nylon cord to hang the light and lower any more.
@GrowTina You should seriously consider everything that smoke99 is telling you here. By fixing this issue, you would immediately be above the competition just by that feature. If I was having to decide on a light with the same wattage or similar features, but one of the models allowed me to get an additional 12" of height...yeah, consider me sold!

I know we may have a language barrier but please let us know if our recommendations are understood with respect and consideration. We value your partnership and sponsorship. It is only fair we hold up our end of the bargain by aiding you with our findings.

I was moving my Pro 1000 to a new pole I installed. I immediately hit a hurdle with the hangers. Losing that much height is a game changer. I by no means have any expertise with indoor growing. It also does not take a genius to know an additional 12 inches of growing space is amazing!

I will be modifying my hangers to require minimal clearance as suggested by @smoke99 and I will post some pictures. I got the wire and clamps. I just need to remember where I left them...hmmm...hold on,
:passitleft:
let me take another puff and see if I can remember where I left that homedepot bag...

@GrowTina You should seriously consider everything that smoke99 is telling you here. By fixing this issue, you would immediately be above the competition just by that feature. If I was having to decide on a light with the same wattage or similar features, but one of the models allowed me to get an additional 12" of height...yeah, consider me sold!

I know we may have a language barrier but please let us know if our recommendations are understood with respect and consideration. We value your partnership and sponsorship. It is only fair we hold up our end of the bargain by aiding you with our findings.

I was moving my Pro 1000 to a new pole I installed. I immediately hit a hurdle with the hangers. Losing that much height is a game changer. I by no means have any expertise with indoor growing. It also does not take a genius to know an additional 12 inches of growing space is amazing!

I will be modifying my hangers to require minimal clearance as suggested by @smoke99 and I will post some pictures. I got the wire and clamps. I just need to remember where I left them...hmmm...hold on,
:passitleft:
let me take another puff and see if I can remember where I left that homedepot bag...
Thanks for your suggestion ,i will contact the factory engineer to change the size of the hanger

Maybe responded to the wrong thread?! Or maybe a specific country has a holiday today?
May 1-5 I the labour day holiday in China....? Thinking that was what was meant.

I finally made time to get the first iteration of my modifications to the hangers. I ended up with roughly 6" hangers and that left the lights at 9" from the top of the tent. Forgive the UGLY ferrule clamping. All I had was some pliers to get them tight enough. I know I could do better but I also know this works. I could leave it like this for the rest of the grow.

The likely scenario will be that I will redo the cables, loops, and ferrule clamping correctly.

I hope this helps someone know they could modify their light for only the cost of the ferrules (~$4 USD). If you use all the existing hanger cable that the light comes with. If you choose to do that, then I would recommend a slightly larger ferrule size. Othereise you will have to strip the plastic cable wrap. It is a pain! I could have finished much faster had I done this below...

What I would do next is simply get a few feet (and more if you need it) of 1/16 inch twisted steel cable (unwrapped/insulated) at the hardware store. It is cheap and it wouldn't hurt to have extra around the house anyway. Then get the same size ferrules I used (1/16 1inch). Make a small loop through the hanger hardware and crimp with the tool of your choice. A crimping tool will make it look neat and pretty if that matters to you. If it doesn't, then do whatever you need to do so it squeezes the ferrule as tight as possible with the wire. I then create another loop with 6 inches of cable. Let me know how you would make it better please. Let me know if you try it and like it. I know someone out there is better at diy than me. Whatcha thinking?!

I finally made time to get the first iteration of my modifications to the hangers. I ended up with roughly 6" hangers and that left the lights at 9" from the top of the tent. Forgive the UGLY ferrule clamping. All I had was some pliers to get them tight enough. I know I could do better but I also know this works. I could leave it like this for the rest of the grow.

The likely scenario will be that I will redo the cables, loops, and ferrule clamping correctly.

I hope this helps someone know they could modify their light for only the cost of the ferrules (~$4 USD). If you use all the existing hanger cable that the light comes with. If you choose to do that, then I would recommend a slightly larger ferrule size. Othereise you will have to strip the plastic cable wrap. It is a pain! I could have finished much faster had I done this below...

What I would do next is simply get a few feet (and more if you need it) of 1/16 inch twisted steel cable (unwrapped/insulated) at the hardware store. It is cheap and it wouldn't hurt to have extra around the house anyway. Then get the same size ferrules I used (1/16 1inch). Make a small loop through the hanger hardware and crimp with the tool of your choice. A crimping tool will make it look neat and pretty if that matters to you. If it doesn't, then do whatever you need to do so it squeezes the ferrule as tight as possible with the wire. I then create another loop with 6 inches of cable. Let me know how you would make it better please. Let me know if you try it and like it. I know someone out there is better at diy than me. Whatcha thinking?!

see now this is exactly what I was talking about but instead of a clamp
I would suggest a thumbscrew set up so you can adjust the length as desired
failing that ability at least the ability to bypass the wire cables and clip directly to the hangar with nothing between the Carabiner clip and the light top, the nifty foot pads they use here are quite nice compared to the standard clips that can get turned sideways and get all weird, but they make it so you cannot bypass them with out issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom