Blue Dream In ProMix From Seed, August 2016

I think she's going to be a monster, guys and gals. I'm going to put her into flower in the next 14 days!!! I'm going to feed her veg nutes for the first 3 weeks to get some good vertical while I train through the 2 tier trellis (I'm building that on the 22nd when my parts come in and hopefully going into flower Christmas day). I'm expecting a bit of stretch and I've got room. Any thoughts , blue dream growers?

I'm thinking she shows more Indica genetics in her growth style but I guess it could be just my extensive training. Thoughts?

Oh, and I broke one of the main limbs tonight by accident about 4 inches from the end. NOOOO!!! Lol luckily it was only like 3/4 of the way through and I was able to the tie it in the opposite direction of the break and it closed tightly. I think it'll heal just fine. Oops.

420-magazine-mobile1069459164.jpg

Anyway... I'm getting my clone girls ready for my next journal which is going to be a 2-Tier Mega Manifold 3 Plant SCRoG to fill a 4x8 room under two 600 watt MH/HPS. I'll get it started after the new year but I won't have the two 600 watters until after the harvest most likely.

420-magazine-mobile1928376580.jpg

I plan on making a scrogg trellis and sure would like to see how with your two tier. I was thinking PVC pipe but still not sure. I was reading where they made the height 30" and wished it was shorter. Two tiers sounds awesome and your plants look great!

I plan on making a scrogg trellis and sure would like to see how with your two tier. I was thinking PVC pipe but still not sure. I was reading where they made the height 30" and wished it was shorter. Two tiers sounds awesome and your plants look great!

I ordered some 1/2 inch 4 way PVC tees and 20 feet of 1/2 inch PVC to do it out of. My room has a rail system at the top which is just pipe bolted to the wall. I'm going to put 2 more rails up to the far left and right of the center one and they'll hang off of it and be adjustable in distance from each other and total height. I'll make sure that I have good pictures to go with it.

I think your plan to start flowering soon sounds great! Also agree she leans more towards the indica side, she looks much more like the other 3 plants in my grow than Queen did.

While I do agree it is a good idea to supply veg nutes initially during the transition to flower, going 3 whole weeks without flower nutes might be a bit much. I would recommend providing the plant a mixture of both veg and flower nutes so that leaf/stem development will be supported during stretch as well as early bud development :)

Yeah I agree about the veg nutes. I usually do something roughly like -veg nutes the first week, half and half the second, and full bloom nutes by the third, or fourth depending how they're looking. I've found that without enough bloom nutes during that time they can start to show deficiencies.
The time I made a double tier scrog I felt like the upper screen was shading out the lower growth. It worked out ok though. People do it fairly often - maybe some side lighting would be a good thing if it gets that shady look...

Yeah I agree about the veg nutes. I usually do something roughly like -veg nutes the first week, half and half the second, and full bloom nutes by the third, or fourth depending how they're looking. I've found that without enough bloom nutes during that time they can start to show deficiencies.
The time I made a double tier scrog I felt like the upper screen was shading out the lower growth. It worked out ok though. People do it fairly often - maybe some side lighting would be a good thing if it gets that shady look...

I think your plan to start flowering soon sounds great! Also agree she leans more towards the indica side, she looks much more like the other 3 plants in my grow than Queen did.

While I do agree it is a good idea to supply veg nutes initially during the transition to flower, going 3 whole weeks without flower nutes might be a bit much. I would recommend providing the plant a mixture of both veg and flower nutes so that leaf/stem development will be supported during stretch as well as early bud development :)

Nice!!! Thanks for the input, Frizz. I was thinking along the same lines but I wasn't sure if all of the training was hiding what she would have really done.

Thanks, Weasel and Frizz for the Nutes advice. That makes perfect sense. I got the idea originally from Light Addict's guide to fluxing and it made sense but he didn't go into detail (at least in that tutorial) on the mixes. The 1:Veg 2:Veg/Bloom 3:Bloom mixing makes perfect sense to me. That's exactly what I'll do.

I'm going to make it so they will disconnect from each other in case it ends up like you say. I want to be prepared just in case I get massive stretch AND big fat buds and they need another tier of support (a man can dream, no?). I'm actually hoping they get a pretty decent stretch because of the close proximity of colas to each other, I really want to "fan" them out from the center and get some good spacing and light penetration. I'm going to be progressively aggressive on the defol to the point where after the 3rd or 4th week I will pluck all purple stemmed fan leaves as they appear (except, obviously, outer perimeter and lower tier fan leaves that aren't shading anything). I will not be lollipopping and am aiming to get bud all the way to the core!!! lol

Thanks for chiming in guys!!!!!

I did a little defol tonight. I'm trying to get the 2nd and third tier colas to come vertical, nicely. I took a few pictures that really show the structure and all of the future colas more clearly. If my plan works, I should have a relatively flat, half beach ball of tops that will be easily spread for light penetration and sufficient airflow. The plant should be tricked into thinking all colas are main colas and we should see very even and uniform bud growth. . . 'd

420-magazine-mobile36182187.jpg

420-magazine-mobile975804002.jpg

420-magazine-mobile766677563.jpg

420-magazine-mobile106165927.jpg

I ordered some 1/2 inch 4 way PVC tees and 20 feet of 1/2 inch PVC to do it out of. My room has a rail system at the top which is just pipe bolted to the wall. I'm going to put 2 more rails up to the far left and right of the center one and they'll hang off of it and be adjustable in distance from each other and total height. I'll make sure that I have good pictures to go with it.

Nice, your going to hang it. Ive seen both, Hanging and with legs. Im not sure which is for me yet. Ive thought hanging a 2x4 with hooks to tie to. But I really want to do a trellis. My tent is 5x9 and I thought of making two racks so easier to get it in and out and with legs not hanging. I look foreword to seeing your rack. Im going to give some thought to hanging.
Im going to harvest some buds today in my first tent grow!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Because she looked so damn happy this morning!!!

To be honest I tend to prefer the defoliated look, I can almost hear those future colas saying "yay we can see and breathe now, time to turn into giant buds!" Plus it is always neat to look at the structure of the plant, when it is covered in fan leaves it is difficult to view anything :) She is gonna blow up when you flip the lights!

To be honest I tend to prefer the defoliated look, I can almost hear those future colas saying "yay we can see and breathe now, time to turn into giant buds!" Plus it is always neat to look at the structure of the plant, when it is covered in fan leaves it is difficult to view anything :) She is gonna blow up when you flip the lights!
I sure hope so, Frizz! I've noticed that it can be helpful, once the new tops have shown they understand they are supposed to be tops, to let the upper level get bushy to force the lower tiers to catch up faster.

Other than that, I totally feel the same. I have a theory that amount of usable light is directly accessed by square inch of exposed leaf surface. I think that 100 square inches of total leaf after defol is better than 60 inches of fan leaf.

I don't know the science behind the capability of energy conversion by leaf age but I believe 80 mid aged leaves and 20 young leaves have to be better than 60 old, 10 mid and 5 old.

... It's just my theory though. I have absolutely zero evidence to back me up. I always always leave all leaves that don't shade anything though.

I sure hope so, Frizz! I've noticed that it can be helpful, once the new tops have shown they understand they are supposed to be tops, to let the upper level get bushy to force the lower tiers to catch up faster.

Other than that, I totally feel the same. I have a theory that amount of usable light is directly accessed by square inch of exposed leaf surface. I think that 100 square inches of total leaf after defol is better than 60 inches of fan leaf.

I don't know the science behind the capability of energy conversion by leaf age but I believe 80 mid aged leaves and 20 young leaves have to be better than 60 old, 10 mid and 5 old.

... It's just my theory though. I have absolutely zero evidence to back me up. I always always leave all leaves that don't shade anything though.

This is how I feel as well, and what I am trying to explore with my defoliation experiment. I would much rather have the plant send energy to new growth tips and future main colas rather than to allocate resources to make a ginormous old fan leaf even bigger when it is already blocking light. :laugh:

I think you guys are going to like the thing I did today. I wanted a better system to gather the runoff as well as move my girl (soon to be girls) around and rotate with ease from my roller stool as well as free up space in my room. I can easily fit 3 of these in each room and the trellis rig will attach and can be easily removed or added and a good shape for storage.

420-magazine-mobile2064320750.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1279410941.jpg

This is how I feel as well, and what I am trying to explore with my defoliation experiment. I would much rather have the plant send energy to new growth tips and future main colas rather than to allocate resources to make a ginormous old fan leaf even bigger when it is already blocking light. :laugh:
I'm following along closely . it was cool that Mr. Beast stopped by!!!

Monsignor, how many days till harvest after flip for the B.Dream?
Ive been thinking about your two tierd trellis hanging. I like it.
Great day!

The Internets tell me 63 to 70 days and Frizz's BD went 68 and could have gone another week according to her. I'm expecting roughly the same. I have a wedding in North Carolina mid March so they will need to be done by then.

I think I may be making a mounted tierable trellis now... Lol we'll see soon. None of my designs ever come out exactly as I Invision them haha.

I think you guys are going to like the thing I did today. I wanted a better system to gather the runoff as well as move my girl (soon to be girls) around and rotate with ease from my roller stool as well as free up space in my room. I can easily fit 3 of these in each room and the trellis rig will attach and can be easily removed or added and a good shape for storage.

420-magazine-mobile2064320750.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1279410941.jpg

Okay, this is way cool!!! Reminds me of how some guerrilla growers would suspend milk crates up in trees to grow cannabis high up in the forest canopy. Except this tree is on wheels!! :thumb:

Hey, Dutch, here is what you've been waiting for. I chose not to do the hanging. My next grow will use a net the same size as the smaller frame and there will be 3 1-plant SCRoGs.

I also found out that it's the light proximity being too close that has kept my plants leaves small and the vertical to pretty much nothing. I raised it last night and she grew almost two inches lol. Oops.

This screen I'm just using to spread the tops as much as possible and isn't a true SCRoG.

420-magazine-mobile940273876.jpg

420-magazine-mobile215329972.jpg

420-magazine-mobile337516538.jpg

Okay, this is way cool!!! Reminds me of how some guerrilla growers would suspend milk crates up in trees to grow cannabis high up in the forest canopy. Except this tree is on wheels!! :thumb:

You're going to like how it's supposed to be. I just used the milk crate out of convenience. The future grows will use 20 gallon smart pots that will have grommet inserts in two rows so it can be folded over a steel ring and laced with wire. The steel ring will be what suspends it to the frame. Calling it the "MonsRig" or something.

Back
Top Bottom